PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Pro - Round 1 - Barcelona - 11.02.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Pro - Round 1 - Barcelona - 11.02.20 @8PM UK Time

paleez

AOR PC GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Dec 26, 2018

The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya is a motorsport race track in Montmeló, Catalonia, Spain. With long straights and a variety of corners, the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya is seen as an all-rounder circuit.

● League Coordinators: @Shooter80 @krop

Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Sunny S3 R1 Qual Temps.png
- Race start: Sunny S3 R1 Race Temps.png

In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 11:00
- Race start time: 12:00 (x1 time acceleration)

Pitstop: Mandatory tire change & no fuel

2.2.2 (updated)
● Pitstop with tire change are mandatory in every 60 Min race, refueling is NOT allowed, every driver will have the ability to make their own choice on when to pit similar to CP Races. Endurance races will be an open strategy to the drivers with no required tire change or fuel. Endurance races are subject to change.

● Server settings:
{
"track": "barcelona_2019",
"eventType": "E_3h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
"postQualySeconds": 240,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 16,
"trackTemp": 19,
"cloudLevel": 0.0,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 0,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 11,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
},
{
"hourOfDay": 11,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 12,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}
Manual Rolling Start Information: (remember, in game, the green flag will be waved, but we'll do the AOR formation lap)
● Formation Point:

At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the RIGHT, P2 and the even numbers on the LEFT.
Acceleration Zone:

No Shows:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ApexMaibom

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Yea, indeed what a race, I don't think I spent more than 2 or 3 laps at any given time when I wasn't either trying to find a way past a car, or trying to defend to one behind.

The M6 isn't fond of Catalunya, even less so than most tracks, I blew a 44.448 at the last corner in Q, which would have been better than my target, and would have been worth 7 places higher on the grid, but that would just have been 29th, instead of 36th, so I was in for a tough time either way.

Race start was refreshingly clean, especially considering the added challenge of the large grid size. I gained a few positions before halfway, mostly at others misfortune, left my stop a lap or two too long, lost some of them back again in the stop, gained some more, then lost them again with the stupidest lazy spin at turn 12 with 12mins to go (all my fault, I relaxed a bit because I thought my racing was over for the night :rolleyes:). I had no significant contacts or damage though the whole race, despite lots of close racing, thanks to all involved.

It was easily the most rewarding 28th placed finish I've ever had, but the position aside, it was also one of the most intense and non-stop 60 min stints I've ever driven in, I'm really loving the big grid sizes, and I'll take a challenging race to 28th over a straightforward drive to a higher position any day.

Congratulations to @Vanders for the great win, well deserved, to @D-tox for a tremendous defensive drive to second after ending up with used tyres in the stop, and to @Basti Schäfer for a very well driven run to third. The battles for the lead throughout are a perfect example of how people can race both hard, and fair at the same time, and was thrilling to watch on the stream.

Speaking of which, thanks to @EikeSky and @AndrexUK for the commentary and stream, it was superb from start to finish, and will only get even better I'm sure. Thanks to all who took part in the race (its not much of a race without cars on track), and to all at AOR for organising the league.

To all those who may have had unfortunate issues or incidents...if you have not done so already, please do make a quick video and create a stewards enquiry so any relevant penalties can be given out. Its for the good of everyone in the league, as it doesn't just discourage the drivers in question from making similar mistakes, but all involved who can see examples of what not to do on track, and how it can be regrettable to do so.

Zandvoort next week...another track where overtaking is a challenge, but I'm sure its the challenge that brings most of us to league racing, so hopefully its an enjoyable one.

BTW: I'd like to apologise to @Migzorn for a major brain fade, and me inexplicably trying to jump across turn 1 as I was trying to leave the pits near the end of Q, no excuses, I just dumb-assed it, hope it didn't badly impact your starting position.

EDIT: If anyone wants to look at individual driver laptimes etc, you can see them here:
Season 3 - Round 1 - Tier 2 - Q - https://simsource.azurewebsites.net/results/viewer/w9tk05ead903
Season 3 - Round 1 - Tier 2 - R - https://simsource.azurewebsites.net/results/viewer/arry05ead913

Or in here (Tier 2 = Race 2): https://simresults.net/200212-E7a

JKay14

AOR ACC S3 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
That was probably one of the most intense races I’ve ever been involved in!

Qualifying went well. Thankfully I managed to pull out a lap when it counted and do a personal best around Barcelona. I was surprised however it was only good enough for 8th place on the grid! It just goes to show how competitive the field is going to be this season.

I managed to get a good jump at the start of the race and gain a position. My aim then was to try and settle down and find a rhythm and let the race come to me. However an incident ahead allowed me to gain two positions and give me a run on @Basti Schäfer. I managed to to get by at turn 4 which then kickstarted a race long battle. He was a lot quicker in truth and jumped me in the pit stops. I managed to offset this loss by jumping @eXcole. This is when poor old @D-tox was given used tyres at his stop which helped keep the 4 of us close together for the final 20 minutes or so.

Unfortunately none of us were able to make a move stick and I slowly lost ground as my tyres started to overheat. In the end I was hanging on for dear life when my teammate @SomeRandomTramp tried to attack me on the last lap! But in the end managed to hold on for a well deserved 4th place.

Looking forward to the next round already!

eXcole

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 11, 2018
Interesting seeing the stats from @Shooter80 confirming my problem with the chicane, came out slower then everybody else everytime and so had no chance to try something down the straight. After @D-tox came through in the beginning laps i was confident my pace was good enough to atleast hold on to P3. With @Basti Schäfer and @JKay14 jumping me by pitting earlier and a bit of bad luck with lapped traffic on my inlap (jesus, why race me while i'm already alongside?!) it put me in an observing spot of the battle in front. Closed the gap in a few laps time but wasn't keen on trying something stupid as i was happy to even be at the front after last season. As @SomeRandomTramp closed in i clipped the outside kerb of turn 7 which threw me wide and allowed him through too.

Not the result i had hoped for after quali but incredible close and enjoyable racing nonetheless from the whole Top6, and the consistency of @Vanders won him the race. Well done!

My only real gripe was dealing with lapped cars was a 50/50, from my view aswell as some other perspectives i watched. A guideline i always follow is that if you're unable to loose the car/s behind over a couple of corners then you shouldn't be there as your presence alone compromises the car behind especially on a track like this. Also if the lapping car catches you rapidly you don't race them.

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
I guess having not really practiced much, and really not knowing the game that well, I shouldn't have been surprised that I had next to no pace but there you go. Was doing okay having gained from others misfortunes mostly, but got caught up in an incident and stalled the car going backwards off track. For some reason it took me a whole 30 seconds to start the car again, repeatedly toggling the ignition and start switch to no avail! Shame there seems to be no ignition indicator in the game other than audio which was drowned out by all the cars on track. Then managed to knock my ignition switch again going down the home straight and retired...

Performance in VR was also something to be desired - probably why I wasn't too upset to give up! Will have to keep playing with settings but I think this might be the title that finally forces me back to playing on a monitor for the first time since getting a headset!

Anyway, difficult to get much worse so the only way is up right?

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
First of all congrats to @Vanders for the win and thanks to @EikeSky and @AndrexUK for the commentary! And also to my team mate @Oblit0r for giving me hope that the NSX can be competitive in capable hands!

What a disappointing start to the season. Having very little time to practice ACC I knew my pace would be far from perfect but last practice session showed some promise so I was cautiously optimistic heading to the race.

For some reason the car felt very awkward in the race and I had zero confidence in turn-in. I was struggling to get into 45's but was at least keeping up with the group of cars ahead. About 20 min in I felt stuck in traffic so went for an undercut hoping for clear track and some blazing hot laptimes. Unfortunately my calculations were 5 seconds off and I exited the pits right in the middle of lead pack. I did my best to get out of the way, hopefully nobody was badly hindered by that.

After others started pitting I found myself gaining places. I guess I gained time slipstreaming the leaders. Felt like there might be something to salvage from the race after all.

However the cars behind me were on fresh rubber and were pressuring me constantly. In the end one car behind made a braking mistake in T1 and went for a divebomb instead of taking the safer route outside. By the time I noticed him I was already turning and we made contact with some minor damage. Lost few places there but kept going hoping my car wasn't too badly damaged. Sorry @Rgm12345 for the rejoin. Looks like I cut onto your path a bit.

Few laps later I was battling with @Rgm12345 and just dropped behind him when I got another shunt from behind that spun me sideways losing another 3 places.

Finally on second to last lap crew chief decided to inform me about my fuel "2 liters left". I guess the damage and extra pirouettes made me use more fuel than earlier because with 10 min to go crew chief was assuring me that I had 15 minutes of fuel left. :censored: Also tires were totally done for at that point. Looks like the NSX really eats the tires and does not seem to handle well on worn rubber.

So that's all she wrote. Ran out of fuel on last lap and was thoroughly gutted by my own performance and being crashed twice by no fault of my own. Hoping for better result at Zandvoort with some more practice and a bit better luck.

JKay14

AOR ACC S3 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
I guess having not really practiced much, and really not knowing the game that well, I shouldn't have been surprised that I had next to no pace but there you go. Was doing okay having gained from others misfortunes mostly, but got caught up in an incident and stalled the car going backwards off track. For some reason it took me a whole 30 seconds to start the car again, repeatedly toggling the ignition and start switch to no avail! Shame there seems to be no ignition indicator in the game other than audio which was drowned out by all the cars on track. Then managed to knock my ignition switch again going down the home straight and retired...

Performance in VR was also something to be desired - probably why I wasn't too upset to give up! Will have to keep playing with settings but I think this might be the title that finally forces me back to playing on a monitor for the first time since getting a headset!

Anyway, difficult to get much worse so the only way is up right?
It might be worth setting engine start to automatic in the settings.You lose some immersion but it will help annoying situations like that

Basti Schäfer

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2019
That was one of the best races I ever had on acc. Lap 1 wasnt a good one for me, lost 3 positions in turn1 because i had to avoid a crash. Fighting all the way with @JKay14 and @D-tox was just awesome! Just a little bit frustrating that i couldnt get through the r8 which was on old tires. The Aston was just too slow on the straight. But in the end its more fun to fight all the way instead of driving alone on P2. So thanks for the wonderful driving from everyone in the train from P2 to P5 i think^^

Really interesting was overtaking lapped Cars. On the one side, some of the driver did really good, on the other side I think we really have to work on this. An Aston came out of the box on position 43 and started to fight with we, just instead of letting me through because i was actually fighting with @JKay14. Very annoying but in the end it doesnt matter so no stewards enquiry....

inkychris

Dec 9, 2018
@JKay14 yeah, it's one of those things I didn't really think about when I went through the first time game setup stuff and hadn't been an issue in practice! Will just have a practice starting the car blind as it were, or like you say just sack it off and do auto engine start. Does it auto stop your engine in the pits too or do you still need something bound?

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
If you have auto start on, when you stop in the box and hold the brake the driver automatically stops the engine, and of course will automatically restart it after you are dropped.

While I do have auto start enabled (just in case) in a competitive race its best to still use the MFD to stop and start your engine manually, you can activate the starter using that as soon as they start dropping you, saving some time, I believe you can also cut the engine yourself before you have stopped, saving some more.

Pitstops are definitely worth practising, a second or three can make all the difference with so many cars on track.

inkychris

Dec 9, 2018
That's good to know, thanks! will do some more pit practice than just "where's the limit board" ;)

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
If you have auto start on, when you stop in the box and hold the brake the driver automatically stops the engine, and of course will automatically restart it after you are dropped.

While I do have auto start enabled (just in case) in a competitive race its best to still use the MFD to stop and start your engine manually, you can activate the starter using that as soon as they start dropping you, saving some time, I believe you can also cut the engine yourself before you have stopped, saving some more.

Pitstops are definitely worth practising, a second or three can make all the difference with so many cars on track.
I ended up buying a button box mainly to make this easier. Before I had the ignition and starter binded to the same button (hold down with a delay) before because my wheel didn't have enough buttons. It didn't work very well.

Reactions: inkychris