PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 2 - Round 6 - Silverstone - 17.03.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 2 - Round 6 - Silverstone - 17.03.20 @8PM UK Time

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
1584102849062.png

The Silverstone Circuit is a motor racing circuit in England located next to the Northamptonshire villages of Silverstone and Whittlebury.
Silverstone is the current home of the British Grand Prix, which it first hosted in 1948. The 1950 British Grand Prix at Silverstone was the first race in the newly created World Championship of Drivers. The race rotated between Silverstone, Aintree and Brands Hatch from 1955 to 1986, but relocated permanently to Silverstone in 1987. The circuit also hosts the British round of the MotoGP series.

• Weather conditions (medium rain, 0 randomness):
    1584102853541.png

• In-game time-of-day information:
    - Qualifying time: 13:00
    - Race start time: 14:00 (x2 time acceleration)

• Pitstop:
    • One mandatory pit during the race
    • Mandatory tire change
    • No refuelling allowed
  • Server settings:

Code:
    [/LIST]
    {
    "track": "silverstone_2019",
    "eventType": "E_3h",
    "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
    "sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
    "postQualySeconds": 120,
    "postRaceSeconds": 240,
    "ambientTemp": 17,
    "trackTemp": 15,
    "cloudLevel": 0.8,
    "rain": 0.4,
    "weatherRandomness": 0,
    "simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
    "sessions": [
    {
    "hourOfDay": 14,
    "dayOfWeekend": 1,
    "timeMultiplier": 1,
    "sessionType": "P",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 120
    },
    {
    "hourOfDay": 13,
    "dayOfWeekend": 2,
    "timeMultiplier": 1,
    "sessionType": "Q",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 15
    },
    {
    "hourOfDay": 14,
    "dayOfWeekend": 3,
    "timeMultiplier": 2,
    "sessionType": "R",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 60
    }
    ],
    "configVersion": 1
    }

Slight amendments in terms of weather or time may be applied.

No shows:
  • @Recential
  • @Endless
  • @Mattster

Last edited by a moderator:

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Original post updated with correct time acceleration (was 1x now 2x) to match server settings.

(Change wont make any real difference with the race being in mid-day and there not being any weather randomness, so the forecast length doesn't matter)

Reactions: ApexMaibom

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Was a pretty good race this week from my side.

I qualified 23rd, which was pretty bad considering I should have been in the 09's, although I'd managed to screw up every lap prior to my last try at the end of the session, so I'm happy with even just that. If I would have got my target I'd have been a few places higher on the grid, but I don't think it would have changed anything in the final result.

The race was fun from the point of view of the challenge of keeping up a consistent pace without dying. I hadn't made any setup changes after a lackluster performance on Monday practice, but somehow things had clicked a bit better in my head overnight and my pace was about as good as I could have hoped for (consistent 09's after the stop), but there wasn't so much in terms of actual racing.

I was happy to finished in 12th in the end, helped by a few faster cars having penalties from the stewards, and by others getting a bit carried away and ending up on the grass. I think I only overtook one or two cars on track, the rest was just from keeping it on the black stuff.

Congratulations to @T.Kexel for his second win in 3 races, to @Migzorn for a long overdue second place, and to @seppel165 for a maiden ACC GT3 podium with 3rd place.

The M6 suits the last two tracks (Zolder and Spa) more than previous tracks, so hopefully I can sneak back into the top 10 at the next round, should be fun either way, its not easy to pass at Zolder, but its not easy to defend either and its a fun track to drive.

@Joe_Hanes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oacuaz00ispj8ui/ACC_200317-212835_R_bmw_m6_gt3_silverstone_mp.rpy?dl=0

Reactions: Migzorn

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Fun close racing almost from start to finish. Really enjoyed this one! NSX turned out to be a decent car in the rain despite my low expectations.

Had a bit disappointing quali and over half a sec behind my goal of a mid 08. Still P12 on the grid just behind some very fast people was my best starting position of the season. (y)

Race was constant battling and looking for passing opportunities until my pit stop. Tried to be a bit too clever and go for an undercut. Unfortunately I didn't realize my setup only really worked on worn tires so an early stop just made made me slower when I was supposed to push the hardest for fast laps. Still I think I gained a position or two and was slowly getting more comfortable with the car.

After the stop and before the car really started working I noticed a line was forming behind me and I was clearly slowing people down. @SomeRandomTramp was all over me for several laps and I started to crack under the pressure making mistakes everywhere. Finally got a poor exit out of Chapel and decided not to push my luck any longer and just drop behind him. Was secretly hoping to follow him as he made his way to the podium, unfortunately that was not to be but still found some pace later and even started catching again.

Fun race and a decent finish at 8th, hoping to keep this up at Zolder next week although that track is not one I tend to do well at.

Reactions: Shooter80