PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 2 - Round 8 - SPA - 31.03.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 2 - Round 8 - SPA - 31.03.20 @8PM UK Time

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018

The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is a motor-racing circuit located in Stavelot, Belgium. It is the current venue of the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix, hosting its first Grand Prix in 1925, and has held a Grand Prix every year since 1983.

Weather Conditions: Dynamic, 30 degree average ambient temperature, 30 degree starting track temperature. 0.0 cloud coverage. 2 randomness.

● In-game time-of-day information:

• - Qualifying time: 11:00
  • - Race start time: 12:00
Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit during the race
  • Tire change and fuel are optional
Server settings:
Code:
{
  "track": "spa_2019",
  "eventType": "E_3h",
  "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
  "sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
  "postQualySeconds": 240,
  "postRaceSeconds": 240,
  "ambientTemp": 30,
  "trackTemp": 30,
  "cloudLevel": 0.0,
  "rain": 0.0,
  "weatherRandomness": 2,
  "simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
  "sessions": [
    {
      "hourOfDay": 12,
      "dayOfWeekend": 1,
      "timeMultiplier": 1,
      "sessionType": "P",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 120
    },
    {
      "hourOfDay": 11,
      "dayOfWeekend": 2,
      "timeMultiplier": 1,
      "sessionType": "Q",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 15
    },
    {
      "hourOfDay": 12,
      "dayOfWeekend": 3,
      "timeMultiplier": 3,
      "sessionType": "R",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 90
    }
  ],
  "configVersion": 1
}

Informed no-shows:
@dejw_d
@inkychris
@Endless
@Cheekymunkey78

Last edited:

dejw_d

AOR PS4 GT3 S10 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 26, 2018
Unfortunately will have to miss this one as well. The rig won't be up again until next week. :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: JKay14

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
NOTE: Server settings changed from "weatherRandomness": 3 to "weatherRandomness": 2, as using 3 occasionally resulted in short heavy rain downpours during the race.

As interesting as that might well be, with the length of the pitlane, and considering it is the final race of the season, it was decided to reduce the chance of this happening to try to ensure that the final race of the season is a full on race, is less likely to be decided by luck, and to have a more consistent experience across the tiers.

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
@krop @Shooter80
Hi Both, I am very sorry but I will not be able to attend this one. I am too ill. I was hoping to be better by now but I am not.

Absolutely gutted I will miss Spa this way :-(

Have a great race everyone and thanks for a very tough and competitive season. Hope to see you all at the next one.
Get well soon - see you around

Reactions: Cheekymunkey78

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Wow, what a race, what a way to end the season, and what a track to do it on :D

Spa is my personal favourite track...for me it has the most enjoyable layout, but also is great for proper racing. Handily its the M6's favourite track too so I was quite optimistic going into the race.

I messed up Q as usual, if I got everything right I could/should have started P2, but I made the mistake instead of trying for P1, I didn't have the grip for that and blew all my laps except my banker :rolleyes:, but starting P5 was still my best start of the season so was content enough.

I survived the first lap fine, and then pretty much spent the entire rest of the 90mins having some awesome racing against @SomeRandomTramp, @Vanders and a justifiably cautious @JKay14. I worked my way from 5th to 2nd before the stops, but in that heat my setup chewed through the fronts, and with the way the M6 almost creates a total vacuum behind it, my only chance to stay ahead is to completely break the tow from the cars behind, but I just couldn't manage that at any point.

I screwed up my pitstop (too far right, team had to move me, then dropped me off the jacks...), so I dropped back to 4th after halfway. I managed to get back to 2nd before my front tyres gave up on me again, and then I dropped back to 3rd. Spent the last 30mins trying to keep @Vanders behind me, which I just about managed, until the last entry into the bus stop on the last lap of the race, where he stuck it around the outside and dropped me to 4th by less than a car length :oops:

Special commiserations to @Basti Schäfer for disconnecting while running in 3rd early on, couldn't believe it when I seen your car straight line off and disappear, really sucks, you were on for a great race I'm sure, and likely a great result.

Congratulations to @T.Kexel on the absolutely dominating win, that was some crazy pace, shame nobody could keep up to give you some racing. Also to @SomeRandomTramp for a great attacking drive from 8th on the grid to finish second, and get second in the Championship by one point, and to @Vanders for a very well earned podium.

And of course Congratulations to @JKay14 on the championship title. I felt bad that you couldn't really race 100% last night, as the was just too much risk considering what you had to loose, I'm sure it wasn't easy to resist, but hope you had fun out there at least.

Its been a truly great season from my point of view, I was only in one collision in the entire season (when I got tagged at Ascari and lost a few places) but that was just a scratch, and considering its been 10hours of hard racing, I have to thank everyone I shared a section of track with for being so clean, fair, and professional.

Aside from that, I had a lazy spin in race one and lost a few places (that's what I get for relaxing a bit), and then the only other thing that went wrong was the game robbing me of a lap at Hungary and getting me a 26th instead of a 16th, but that was due to an internet issue at my end, and well, things break sometimes in real racing too, so all good.

I hope everyone else had more good times than bad, and I hope to see you all on track again at some point in the future.

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Great season but definitely not the way I wanted to end it. Was by far the worst race in my sim racing career and all thanks to my own mistakes. :confused:

Spun twice at Blanchimont resulting in heavy damage both times for a total of 2 min 30 sec repairs plus the infuriatingly long pit straight to add insult to injury. Both spins were caused by lifting off just before the turn to "take it easy", first to give some room to a battling group of cars in front and second time to save some fuel to avoid pitting for second time. To top things off I also managed to spin at Raidillon and completely destroyed my tires with 65 min to go. Still limped to the finish line few laps down with square tires.

Congratulations to @JKay14 for the championship and @T.Kexel for the race win! Also thanks to @krop and @Shooter80 for keeping things rolling smoothly all season and my team mate @Oblit0r for proving that the NSX is not a slow car when driven properly.