PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 3 - Round 2 - Zandvoort - 18.02.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 3 - Round 2 - Zandvoort - 18.02.20 @8PM UK Time

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018

Circuit Zandvoort is a motorsport race track located in the dunes north of the municipality of Zandvoort in Netherlands. Historically, the venue has been used as the home of the Dutch Grand Prix up until 1985. Recently, the circuit has been hosting numerous smaller motor racing series, including DTM and F3, and is slated to host the returning 2020 Dutch Grand Prix.

● League Coordinators: @Xeonski @LiboCZ

Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Overcast

ZandvoortQualiTemps.png

- Race start: Overcast
ZandvoortRaceTemps.png

Track state will progress from the practice session held before the race - by the time the race starts the track should be "optimum".

In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 10:00
- Race start time: 14:00 (x1 time acceleration)

Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit during the race
  • Mandatory tire change
  • No refuelling allowed
Server settings
{
"track": "zandvoort_2019",
"eventType": "E_3h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
"postQualySeconds": 120,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 15,
"trackTemp": 19,
"cloudLevel": 0.6,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 0,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 9,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 10
},
{
"hourOfDay": 10,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 120
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 20
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

Manual Rolling Start Information: (remember, in game, the green flag will be waved, but we'll do the AOR formation lap)
● Formation Point - short straight leading into the last turn:
View attachment 102192
At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the RIGHT, P2 and the even numbers on the LEFT.
Acceleration Zone - begins at the pit entry line
View attachment 102193

Track map:
View attachment 102195

● Informed no-shows: @Xeonski@LiboCZ

Last edited:

MisterJasper

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 17, 2018
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah racing after working 10 hours isnt really smart. Making the smallest mistakes that annoy me to death.

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
There was a car that spun before the start straight also. Messed up the order a bit. Maybe need to lower the speed on the formation laps always give more time to react it did feel a bit to fast at times. I was very close to be taken out myself but thankfully he saved the situation by going into the gravel instead.

I had a great race. Pressure on forward and back the entire race. Romani followed me the entire first stint. Then my pit crew performed wonders. I suspect we shared the same pit stop? That allowed me some breething space. Worked hard to get on the third drivers back but just as I do I loose focus take some kerb in the uphill section go flying, land then go flying on another kerb, then just about manage to avoid the wall. I was lucky just loose 4 seconds there. But can´t complain though the car didn´t perform as well as yesterday for whatever reason.

TheRealestPepito

AOR ACC S2 AM Champion
Jun 21, 2019
I am speechless haha. What a great race that was, until it wasnt. Had a ton of pace in the boat out of nowhere and quali'd P4. Got a good start and held on until P2 and P3 took each other out. Ran in P2 for most of the race, had a great pit stop which cut the leader's lead from 6 seconds to 2. had some crazy laps chasing himh some crazy traffic. Gap down to 1.5 seconds. Im having the race of my life and probably the best result i can hope for this season in this tier coming up. 12 mins left and i DC. First DC in any AOR race i believe. Absolutely gutted but hey, thats racing lol I guess that's kunos' way of simulating mechanical failures. XD

Ivarpoiss

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
Several people, including me were still unsure about the "odds on the inside relative to the track direction" rule. Formation zone was in difficult spot. I think it was an coordination issue as well. Could be wrong but I think previously, out of all the evals+practices, I've attended, the coords have had their lefts, rights, evens and odds verbally mixed up too, on one or two occasions. Even though the in-game formation's been compatible up to this point. This time there were no mix-ups. There barely was any communication. P1 quickly confirmed his lane and speed limit and the coord saying "yup" and go. People just not focusing. Hoped to see an abort.

I was in T1 practice and there was no communication at all. Everyone seemed to know what they're doing. Up until the actual racing started :D

GeeMax

Pro Karter
May 20, 2019
I think that people who blatantly swear out loud in discord, during the race - need to be dealt with.

You are on push to talk, and still take time to yell your profanity into a group chat with 30 + drivers, some of whom are streaming etc...

No idea how to police it or report it, but people need to grow up. Keep quiet, report it to the stewards.