PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 3 - Round 3 - Circuit Paul Ricard - 25/02/20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 3 - Round 3 - Circuit Paul Ricard - 25/02/20 @8PM UK Time

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

LiboCZ

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016

The Circuit Paul Ricard is a French motorsport race track built in 1969 at Le Castellet, Var, near Marseille, with finance from pastis magnate Paul Ricard. Ricard wanted to experience the challenge of building a racetrack.

Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Light Cloud

- Race start: Light Cloud

Track state will progress from the practice session held before the race - by the time the race starts the track should be "optimum".
In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 22:00
- Race start time: 01:00 (x1 time acceleration)
- Random weather 1

● Server settings:

{
"track": "paul_ricard_2019",
"eventType": "E_3h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 180,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
"postQualySeconds": 60,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 6,
"trackTemp": 8,
"cloudLevel": 0.2,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 1,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 1,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 120
},
{
"hourOfDay": 22,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 1,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 90
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

Manual Rolling Start Information: (remember, in game, the green flag will be waved, but we'll do the AOR formation lap)
● Formation Zone

Acceleration Zone

● Informed no-shows: @Rossi B @Tinko van der Velde @xNuke @TheRealestPepito @Im_an_eagle @Noel

Last edited by a moderator:

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
Did some laps on the server. Appear you get DT for every cut?

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
you 'll get most definetly one in the left hander before the hairpin in sector 1

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
Good needed practise tonight. Only fueled for one hour though :sleep:

Question about the formation lap. Had several now where the field don´t line up on the starting straight. Some drivers choose to create huge gaps to the cars in front. In these cases you are free to overtake before start finish or should it be an aborted start? You punish everybody behind you as well when you create a large space to the car in front and make T1 more unpredictable with bigger speed differences between cars.

rkatar

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 26, 2016
today in the practice race i had full tank (120l). i ran out of fuel 7 minutes before the end. will be there possibility to add fuel during pit stop? if not, does anyone have recommendation how to reduce fuel consumption? during the race fuel consumption was ~2,97/lap

never mind, found it :D

2.2.2 (updated)
● Pitstop with tire change are mandatory in every 60 Min race, refueling is NOT allowed, every driver will have the ability to make their own choice on when to pit similar to CP Races. Endurance races will be an open strategy to the drivers with no required tire change or fuel. Endurance races are subject to change.

Last edited:

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Good needed practise tonight. Only fueled for one hour though :sleep:

Question about the formation lap. Had several now where the field don´t line up on the starting straight. Some drivers choose to create huge gaps to the cars in front. In these cases you are free to overtake before start finish or should it be an aborted start? You punish everybody behind you as well when you create a large space to the car in front and make T1 more unpredictable with bigger speed differences between cars.
The rules state that you must create a gap more than two car length in front of you. The most important thing is to be close to the car in front, if someone create a excessive gap you should report them to the stewards

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
The rules state that you must create a gap more than two car length in front of you. The most important thing is to be close to the car in front, if someone create a excessive gap you should report them to the stewards
There was a collision in this race also on the formation lap though I personally wasn´t involved.
Anyway I had great fun again. Renovating kitchen hasn´t put the manhours in and this is not a track I know.

Abysmal attempt to qualify my race pace ended up better. Good solid start everybody took such care I found myself up to 16th from 32 on lap two or three it felt like without doing anything aggressive just making sure I got momentum in the right places. After that it was more defensive driving then offensive but kept it together. After pit stop half way I found myself loosing places expectedly from faster drivers doing undercuts I believe. But I managed to find a back to hunt and two cars fighting in front I managed to get a winner out of that and up to 13th after somebody got a DT.

I had enough gap last laps if I could just keep calm but I couldn´t :D Collected my second and maybe even third warning for missing the chicane and was so certain getting a DT and was slow enough for the next corner to avoid yet another warning... Then challenge all the way. Got a tap at the end but race incident had every right to challenge me there. No worries despite finishing one lap early I managed to steal that P13 with 0.2 liters in the end. Thank god I did make that extra lap with 0.2 liters left on first stint :p

I did of course forget to save the replay :(

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
First time in a long time that ive enjoyed an AOR race, that was really good, some really nice clean racing too..thanks guys!

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
Nice race. Had many fights with some of you guys, well done. One incident with N. Uhl whom I sadly can't really identify in the driver's list, but anyhow I have to apologize for turning in on you into the first corner, could have given you more room, sorry mate. On track at the time I thought it was an inicident with mutual effect but watching the replay I probably should have waited. Sorry again.

Reactions: nicogreeco

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
Umm....i finished 14th , Per and i battled to the end and he crossed the line in 13th then i did directly behind him
Did you do the extra lap at full speed? I eased off after you let me by. I was expecting to get the checkered flag but after a while understood I didn´t get it so I did another lap while everybody else was taking a shower.

nicogreeco

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2020
Nice race. Had many fights with some of you guys, well done. One incident with N. Uhl whom I sadly can't really identify in the driver's list, but anyhow I have to apologize for turning in on you into the first corner, could have given you more room, sorry mate. On track at the time I thought it was an inicident with mutual effect but watching the replay I probably should have waited. Sorry again.

That's me :). Couldn't figure out yet how to change my name in the forum, feel kinda lost :D does anyone have a clue?

Yeah no worries, was a bit frustrating/unfortunate being in the situation, but that happens. I watched the replay a couple of times, could've turned in earlier myself, but i didn't want to go for the early apex to run wide and probably hit you.
But again.. unfortunate but it happens in races :)

@ZeFau

Reactions: ZeFau