PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 3 - Round 4 - Monza - 03.03.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 3 - Round 4 - Monza - 03.03.20 @8PM UK Time

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018

The Autodromo Nazionale di Monza is a historic race track near the city of Monza, north of Milan, in Italy. Built in 1922, it is the world's third purpose-built motor racing circuit after those of Brooklands and Indianapolis. The circuit's biggest event is the Formula One Italian Grand Prix. Except 1980, the race has been hosted there since the series's inception.

Weather Conditions:
Dynamic, 13 degree average ambient temperature, 17 degree starting track temperature. 0.4 cloud coverage. 4 randomness. Rain cutoff at 2/3rds.

In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 13:00
- Race start time: 14:00 (x1 time acceleration)

Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit during the race
  • Mandatory tire change
  • No refuelling allowed
Server settings
{
"track": "monza_2019",
"eventType": "E_3h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
"postQualySeconds": 240,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 13,
"trackTemp": 17,
"cloudLevel": 0.4,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 4,
"simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
},
{
"hourOfDay": 13,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"timeMultiplier": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

Formation Point:

monza formation.png

● Acceleration Zone:

monza accel.png

informed no-shows
@j.onorati @Kieran Hudson @Tim Knüvener @Kayster1 @TheRealestPepito

Last edited:

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Formation point and acceleration zone have been posted, a bit late i know :rolleyes:

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
I am so bored of having my race ruined by someone. Every race so far this season, I have been punted as a result of dive bombing or just general stupid driving and my race gets ruined within the first 10-15 minutes. This week, I got hit by someone who was so desperate to get past someone on like lap 3, that they touched I believe, lost it, aquaplaned a good 50m, straight into the side of me, flipping me over and effectively ending my race. nurse back to pits, 1m pit stop later, I am well over a lap down.

Then someone comes out of the pits, I have a clear advantage into the corner, am ahead comfortably. But he decides to fight it. He runs wide, I have to avoid him and go over the sausage kerbs which cost me a good 5 seconds by the time I got the car pointing in a straight line again and cost him a second or two because his line through the corner was wrong

Usually I don't report to stewards because I am too lazy. But this can't keep happening. @Xeonski in a fit of rage, I didn't save my replay. Are you able to share a replay file with me at all so I can review the footage?

• Friendly
Reactions: LiboCZ

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
That was interesting. I got a disconnecting at the end of qualification but managed to rejoin in time. Was close to going out on dry tires because it didn´t rain and appeard to be decently dry. But lucky I didn´t.

Ended up doing 59 minutes on the set of wets. It was fun I could pretend I was going to win for quite a while ;) I was surprised to see that I actually gained a place but I did have a lot of free track. As I hadn´t mapped the right button apparently and had slicks preselected in the strategy it was just the nightmare I feared. I ended up in a dogfight into t1 braking I think 60 metres earlier then I use to going from pits even but just aquaplaning and finding the car I tried to let by sbs. But I did manage to take a tight apex so well played I guess. Then I just waited for the bump as he would wonder why I never get going :p

But that went fine I even survived t3 by going on pit limiter pace but braking to last chicane was just to much. Got a puncture and then it was like the entire wheel feel off as I lost all steering. Though I doubt I would get any points with the amount of time it would take to crawl around.

MisterJasper

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 17, 2018
This race was just survival for me. Had to serve a Drive Trough because I had 15 penalty points. From there I just tried to drive safe and do no battles. Managed to overtake Allen since I had a good run on the start finish straight. Apart from that I was cruising trying to hit my braking markers. Buttttt on lap 26 Xeon lost the car on the grass and kinda crashed. I drove 5 seconds behind him and didnt expect someone to crash 300 meters from Ascari. So I tried to avoid him as he rejoined the track coming out of the spray but sadly hit him making my car unsteerable. From P15 to P22...

Didnt practice alot for this because of the rain but the first 25 laps were good so ill just focus on that.

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
I am so bored of having my race ruined by someone. Every race so far this season, I have been punted as a result of dive bombing or just general stupid driving and my race gets ruined within the first 10-15 minutes. This week, I got hit by someone who was so desperate to get past someone on like lap 3, that they touched I believe, lost it, aquaplaned a good 50m, straight into the side of me, flipping me over and effectively ending my race. nurse back to pits, 1m pit stop later, I am well over a lap down.

Then someone comes out of the pits, I have a clear advantage into the corner, am ahead comfortably. But he decides to fight it. He runs wide, I have to avoid him and go over the sausage kerbs which cost me a good 5 seconds by the time I got the car pointing in a straight line again and cost him a second or two because his line through the corner was wrong

Usually I don't report to stewards because I am too lazy. But this can't keep happening. @Xeonski in a fit of rage, I didn't save my replay. Are you able to share a replay file with me at all so I can review the footage?
Replay is available here Link

Reactions: Welchy10

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Ok race from my part :)

I was really happy to see the rain as i'm awful at monza in the dry but the game decided to give me slicks on my pit stop so i had to do another one leaving a lap down.

From this point it was just quali lap by quali lap until i got stuck behind @Im_an_eagle where i couldn't find the flaw to pass so finished the race behind

Jack Simpson

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 31, 2020
I honestly dont know how i pulled it off but i managed to have a mistake free event today. P16-P6. Gained 9 places on the first lap but cut infront of someone too early going into turn one and got spun. Fell back to 16th but somehow managed to crawl my way back into P6 by the end of the race. Every lap required total concentration but the default wet setup for the Lambo seemed to be somewhat driveable in the horrendous weather we were dealing with. Am i annoyed we had to do that race in stormy conditions? Yes, quite... but it was a learning experience that im very glad i participated in. But PLEASE dont let us go through that again! i beg you!

Also, RIP to the people that thought slicks were a good idea at the beginning of the race lmao

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel Monteiro

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
I honestly dont know how i pulled it off but i managed to have a mistake free event today. P16-P6. Gained 9 places on the first lap but cut infront of someone too early going into turn one and got spun. Fell back to 16th but somehow managed to crawl my way back into P6 by the end of the race. Every lap required total concentration but the default wet setup for the Lambo seemed to be somewhat driveable in the horrendous weather we were dealing with. Am i annoyed we had to do that race in stormy conditions? Yes, quite... but it was a learning experience that im very glad i participated in. But PLEASE dont let us go through that again! i beg you!

Also, RIP to the people that thought slicks were a good idea at the beginning of the race lmao
It was just a clever feint :D I just found it odd that it stopped raining. I would been totally busted because I could not change tires if I had went for that gamble.
As for changeable weather it´s so well done and physics really come to their own so I would hope every race would have dynamic weather. Just can skip red flag conditions.

About formation lap the cars in front switched places left to right which was a bit confusing.