PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 1 - Barcelona - 11.02.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 1 - Barcelona - 11.02.20 @8PM UK Time

Legendacb

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 19, 2018
I dont have a teammate, if you are willing to try the McLaren Oneplus Editión

packolla

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 17, 2018
Some impressions from the practice races!

The speed in turn 1 differs a lot. (depending on car and driver)

In the first rounds there is a huge pile-up in turn 14. so be aware of the car in front and please do not attack.

You can easily achieve track limit warnings in T9 and T13!

1581421989038.png

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
We'll talk about in the briefing but turns 13-15 (last chicane) it will be important that everyone understands the first few laps there is an accordion effect through there, everyone needs to give that extra space and PLAN on braking a bit earlier. It's an hr long race, you can ruin it by being over aggressive to early and worse yet ruin other peoples races.

S3 has stricter league rules and the Stewards Panel plans on using them! https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/how-to-make-a-stewards-enquiry.59837/

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@packolla that pace is moving along for sure, probably top 10 if not better but as you know,
League racing is all about finishing and scoring points all 8 rounds. Barcelona favors some cars over others as well.

Daniel Monteiro

Formula Karter
Jan 23, 2020
hope that's not the target pace for a T4 driver.

View attachment 102138
as you can see, i'm far away from that
Your pace sure was great during the race; you kept me in check for more than half of it and I knew you would overtake me easily if I had made a mistake. That was proper racing, thanks again for having been so clean - this was a perfect example how clean and fair and competitive racing should be like, even if it was for 13th or 12th position. Man, so much so that I was sweating like a filthy animal, and my wife said she could smell it all the way in the kitchen :poop:

It's great to have so many people with such close pace, makes for amazing racing and it looks to be a very promising season! Thanks again @GIXXERosg and @Artur "Jankes" Sobota for having taken care of us tonight :coffee:

One final note: @DANGEROUS GIANETTA I warned you during the formation lap that you were lagging a lot, as I was following you... you kept on shooting straight, then disappearing, then appearing again, roughly every 30 seconds. I seriously recommend you to obtain faster internet speeds if possible, because this can ruin people's races. I apologize to all for having screamed on Discord when this happened, I should have just done it without pressing the button to talk :censored:

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
For the record, @DANGEROUS GIANETTA has participated in multiple AOR Leagues and ultimately did the right thing and backed out of the race. He's one of the fast guys btw ;)

That said, we are looking into a few server things so not sure if it was on his end or the T4's server.

Reactions: aerosmudge

Daniel Monteiro

Formula Karter
Jan 23, 2020
For the record, @DANGEROUS GIANETTA has participated in multiple AOR Leagues and ultimately did the right thing and backed out of the race. He's one of the fast guys btw ;)

That said, we are looking into a few server things so not sure if it was on his end or the T4's server.
Great, thanks for looking into it; the more that can stay on track the merrier, I'm all for it :) unfortunately this issue possibly affected my result for tonight as I fell victim of a "ghost divebomb" at the left hairpin of lap1 of the actual race. A white and red AMG also fell victim.

It is unfortunate, and maybe next time I will be lagging, we never know; it's just one of those things that happen, let's call it a "brake failure" :p

Also @Daniel Weidmann very nice battle at the end; I was keeping an eye on you and the white McLaren of imPulse (that I could not catch lol) then tried to pass you but you did a great job defending, top stuff!

Fizzymon

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2018
Great, thanks for looking into it; the more that can stay on track the merrier, I'm all for it :) unfortunately this issue possibly affected my result for tonight as I fell victim of a "ghost divebomb" at the left hairpin of lap1 of the actual race. A white and red AMG also fell victim.

It is unfortunate, and maybe next time I will be lagging, we never know; it's just one of those things that happen, let's call it a "brake failure" :p

Also @Daniel Weidmann very nice battle at the end; I was keeping an eye on you and the white McLaren of imPulse (that I could not catch lol) then tried to pass you but you did a great job defending, top stuff!
So were you the guy behind me that died? Cause boy do I have a clip for you

• Optimistic
Reactions: Daniel Monteiro

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Erzkbl9 Congrats on the win!!! You will need to explain how to pronounce that to us btw @Gav88888 VERY nice 2nd Place!

This old guy, out smarted a lot of you watching attempts at undercuts or pitting at 30M mark. Also had a lot of help from others making mistakes! I said it a lot and will say it again, this isn't CP Racing, PUB LOBBY, and other Leagues.... to be successful you need to be smart and stay out of trouble and SCORE POINTS with a finish.

@Delta2611 aka Hickie special thanks to you, I know you had troubles early on but we spent a lot of time together running and keeping the same lap times over and over and over again. THAT is how I got the 3rd place, being consistent with you and taking what the car would allow!!!!

We're working on the results sheet and will get them posted ASAP in HERE when done but in the meantime here are the raw results. @Shooter80 TY

Season 3 - Round 1 - Tier 4 - Q - https://simsource.azurewebsites.net/results/viewer/aaoz05ead95b
Season 3 - Round 1 - Tier 4 - R - https://simsource.azurewebsites.net/results/viewer/cv6m05ead96a

Reactions: Fizzymon

Fizzymon

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2018
@Erzkbl9 Congrats on the win!!! You will need to explain how to pronounce that to us btw @Gav88888 VERY nice 2nd Place!

This old guy, out smarted a lot of you watching attempts at undercuts or pitting at 30M mark. Also had a lot of help from others making mistakes! I said it a lot and will say it again, this isn't CP Racing, PUB LOBBY, and other Leagues.... to be successful you need to be smart and stay out of trouble and SCORE POINTS with a finish.

@Delta2611 aka Hickie special thanks to you, I know you had troubles early on but we spent a lot of time together running and keeping the same lap times over and over and over again. THAT is how I got the 3rd place, being consistent with you and taking what the car would allow!!!!

We're working on the results sheet and will get them posted ASAP in HERE when done but in the meantime here are the raw results. @Shooter80 TY

Season 3 - Round 1 - Tier 4 - Q - https://simsource.azurewebsites.net/results/viewer/aaoz05ead95b
Season 3 - Round 1 - Tier 4 - R - https://simsource.azurewebsites.net/results/viewer/cv6m05ead96a
Well alright then old man lol. Great job today, and may I ask when did you pit?

• Happy
Reactions: Daniel Monteiro

Mali Baćo

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 17, 2018
Quite an okay round 1 for me - I managed to bring it home and my pace was quite consistent!

Had an entertaining battle with @GIXXERosg at the beginning of the race, but I felt he let me by in one of the opening laps. However, he retook the position soon after. Even though I was battling his pace, it's some minor mistakes from my side that helped raise the gap. We pitted at the same time, but I overshot my pit and lost some time there. Going back out on track, I got caught in traffic, so a P7 was the best possible result.

I agree that the overcut was amazing, specially after seeing the pace difference over the guys ahead (sometimes even 1.5 seconds to my advantage), but traffic was the key and I couldn't do nothing more there. Also, I was hoping that a group of three fighting for P4 would fall out in the closing laps, but the guys kept it on the road and my waiting game had no effect.

On the downside, I think an Audi #55 (not sure) was driving quite aggressively. Trying to pass me, there was a dive into the hairpin, which I outsmarted, and a door close in turn 4 which ended in a contact and him, being on the outside, going off the track. I am not the easiest to pass, so I'd advise you to hold on and wait for a mistake.

Other than that, cutting through traffic after the pit was amazing, and had some really good battles along the way. With such narrow qualifying gaps, I guess we are in for an entertaining and uncertain season. May the best win.

Congratulations to the top three.