PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 2 - Vandvoort - 18.02.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 2 - Vandvoort - 18.02.20 @8PM UK Time

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

Circuit Zandvoort is a motorsport race track located in the dunes north of the municipality of Zandvoort in Netherlands. Historically, the venue has been used as the home of the Dutch Grand Prix up until 1985. Recently, the circuit has been hosting numerous smaller motor racing series, including DTM and F3, and is slated to host the returning 2020 Dutch Grand Prix.

On race day, we should be expecting a rather gloomy weather, with a mostly overcast sky. No rain has been predicted, though, so you may leave your umbrellas at home.

Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Overcast

- Race start: Overcast

Track state will progress from the practice session held before the race - by the time the race starts the track should be "optimum".

In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 10:00
- Race start time: 14:00 (x1 time acceleration)

● Server settings:
{
"track": "zandvoort_2019",
"eventType": "E_3h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
"postQualySeconds": 120,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 15,
"trackTemp": 19,
"cloudLevel": 0.6,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 0,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 9,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 120
},
{
"hourOfDay": 10,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

Manual Rolling Start Information: (remember, in game, the green flag will be waved, but we'll do the AOR formation lap)
● Formation Point - short straight leading into the last turn:

At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the RIGHT, P2 and the even numbers on the LEFT.
Acceleration Zone - begins at the pit entry line

Track map:
● Informed no-show: @Daniel Monteiro (maybe) @Erzkbl9 @Otter burger @Lazarus (maybe, pc problems)

Last edited:
Reactions: BDG_Geo

Fizzymon

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2018
That is a HUGE track temperature difference from qualifying to race, hopefully I don’t crash my car a lot like I did last week in qualy.

Daniel Monteiro

Formula Karter
Jan 23, 2020
I might not be able to take part in this race as I will be moving this weekend and don't know if I will have internet up and running by Tuesday.

• Informative
Reactions: GIXXERosg

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018
Can we have a better formation lap this time please? The last one was a complete shambles. Please read the formation lap rules before the next race.

Last edited:

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Nope not at all, glad you said something as a reminder. In single file people need to give more space between cars, drag brakes don't stab brakes. We'll also need to do a better job of communicating to the leader what the rest of the pack is doing.

Something to also remember:

- As the leaders of the two trains roll across the grid boxes at the constant speed of 50mph/80kph, at any point of their choice between 2 designated and clearly visible points known as 'The Acceleration Zone', P1 is allowed to go full throttle to signify the start of the race. From this moment, all other drivers are now allowed to accelerate to race speeds, but are NOT allowed to overtake the car directly in front of them in their train until they themselves have crossed over the start finish line.

This is intended to stop people from jumping the start, if the car in front has a problem or completely missed the start it is taken into consideration.

It gets easier only people get a few starts in, join the practices and you will get a handle on it. AOR Formation start isn't everyone's favorite BUT when you think about it, it gives room to deal with situations as they occur vs full on lobby type starts.

Last edited:

Legendacb

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 19, 2018
On my side i got a problem that i don't understood. I was on p34 and one of the cars ahead spin in the formation lap. I understood during the race that every car should gain 1 position, so i had to star on p33. But the p32 car didn't change his side on the 2 lines and i found myself a little "what do i do moment".

packolla

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 17, 2018
On my side i got a problem that i don't understood. I was on p34 and one of the cars ahead spin in the formation lap. I understood during the race that every car should gain 1 position, so i had to star on p33. But the p32 car didn't change his side on the 2 lines and i found myself a little "what do i do moment".
You are not the only one who was confused by the spin of DUBAYSTEP. If I'm correct, 12 cars started on the wrong side!

• 39 DUBYASTEP
  • 37 STANEK
  • 35 BDG_GEO
  • 33 MERCHANT
    • 32 TAKANASHI
  • 31 MONTEIRO
    • 30 LEGENDACB
  • 29 BULHELLER
    • 28 HENDRIKS
  • 27 SMITH
    • 26 GIANETTA
  • 25 KAZERSKI
    • 24 FLICONY
  • 23 OJ RACING
    • 22 DJOLE74
  • 21 IMPULSE
    • 20 HICKIE
  • 19 PACKOLLA
    • 18 HMIEL
  • 17 KEV
    • 16 WEIDMANN
  • 15 LAZARUS
    • 14 KOECKZ
  • 13 SOBOTA
    • 12 JURGAITIS
  • 11 GIXXEROSG
    • 10 KOSTI
  • 9 GAV88888
    • 8 STANGL
  • 7 HILL
    • 6 LORENC
  • 5 ROTUNDO
    • 4 WIERSMA
  • 3 STORMENT
    • 2 REBECCHI
  • 1 ERZKBL9

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrEmAych

aerosmudge

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
May 20, 2016
How do you work that out @packolla ? I don't understand tbh.

I qualified 26th, so would have started on the left side.
1 car in front dropped out so I moved up to 25th, meaning I started on the right side.

Or did more cars drop out?

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018

1 car in front dropped out so I moved up to 25th, meaning I started on the right side.

If your name is in green he is saying you started on the correct side. So if you started 25th you are down as correct

aerosmudge

May 20, 2016
That's the point, my name is Smith and according to that I am down as starting 27th on the right side. So not sure where the data is from, as even if I watch the replay I am in 25th place as I cross the line to start the race.

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
That's the point, my name is Smith and according to that I am down as starting 27th on the right side. So not sure where the data is from, as even if I watch the replay I am in 25th place as I cross the line to start the race.
Ah fair enough. No idea then sorry. :censored:

aerosmudge

May 20, 2016
No problem mate, just odd. I would like to know as this rule is not crystal clear for some and it also isn't always obvious how many cars if any drop out in front of you.

Anyway, on to Vandoort!!!!!

Reactions: MrEmAych

packolla

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 17, 2018

sorry, that was my mistake. it's not easy with diffrent forum/driver names ;)

• Happy
Reactions: aerosmudge

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
We'll go over what to do if someone has an issue on the formation lap during the pre-race brief, We've extended the pre-race start to 200 SEC or 3 Mins.. That said, it is expected that you know where you qualified, not difficult to understand if you Qualified 15th but someone ahead made a mistake in the formation lap or got a in game penalty you are now in 14th.

R2 - ODD NUMBERS ON THE RIGHT, EVEN NUMBERS ON THE LEFT. One way to remember is P1, P3, P5, P7 etc always gets the inside corner of T1 (SPA excluded)

Let's cover a few KEY THINGS.

Turn 1 Race LAP 1, remember there are Steward Penalties for Turn 1 incidents.
Turn 10 (Audi 'S' bocht) or the chicane, remember the bridge so you don't blow past it like I have done multiple times!!!
20200216165402_1.jpg
● Pit Entry comes VERY quick and in the practice race the cone was taken out so you need to look for the line!
20200216165528_1.jpg 20200216165536_1.jpg
● Blue Flags, be safe letting people through and pick the right time for YOU to do it safely. LEADERS, you might have to be patient!!!

Might be forgetting a few things but should cover most of R2. Always ask questions if you have one, never hesitate to do so.

Last edited:

Fizzymon

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2018
We'll go over what to do if someone has an issue on the formation lap during the pre-race brief, We've extended the pre-race start to 200 SEC or 3 Mins.. That said, it is expected that you know where you qualified, not difficult to understand if you Qualified 15th but someone ahead made a mistake in the formation lap or got a in game penalty you are now in 14th.

ODD NUMBERS ON THE LEFT, EVEN NUMBERS ON THE RIGHT. One way to remember is P1, P3, P5, P7 etc always gets the inside corner of T1 (SPA excluded)

Let's cover a few KEY THINGS.

Turn 1 Race LAP 1, remember there are Steward Penalties for Turn 1 incidents.
Turn 10 (Audi 'S' bocht) or the chicane, remember the bridge so you don't blow past it like I have done multiple times!!!
View attachment 102973
● Pit Entry comes VERY quick and in the practice race the cone was taken out so you need to look for the line!
View attachment 102974 View attachment 102975
● Blue Flags, be safe letting people through and pick the right time for YOU to do it safely. LEADERS, you might have to be patient!!!

Might be forgetting a few things but should cover most of R2. Always ask questions if you have one, never hesitate to do so.
The first corner is a right hander so I would assume this is an exception like SPA, or is it a typo?