PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 2 - Vandvoort - 18.02.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 2 - Vandvoort - 18.02.20 @8PM UK Time

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
I finally feel like Zandvoort has stopped being a 'rather in real-life' track for me. Been driving on the track multiple times in real life, but simply hated driving it in games. Having spent a decent amount of time on it in this game (thanks to the social race as well), I guess it now for the first time moved to an 'alright it's just one of them tracks'.

One final practice run tonight (social race) and I'll be ready for tomorrow :cool:

packolla

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 17, 2018
Circuit_Park_Zandvoort-1999.png

● Blue Flags, be safe letting people through and pick the right time for YOU to do it safely. LEADERS, you might have to be patient!!!
The most accidents at the practice race where caused by overtaking under blue flags.

Therefore, look for the right spot. Please stay in front in the red areas!.

A second thing, be aware if someone goes wide at turn 3(may a pink aston:rolleyes:), there is normally no chance to brake in the grass, so the car will cross the track again at turn 4...

HaiCo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
View attachment 103191

The most accidents at the practice race where caused by overtaking under blue flags.

Therefore look for the right spot. Please stay in front in the red areas!.

A second thing, be aware if someone go wide at turn 3(may a pink aston:rolleyes:), there is normaly no chance to brake in the gras, so the car will cross the track again at turn 4...
Off topic: I sure hope the names of them corners are being changed soon. They even sound horrible in the Dutch language.....

• Funny
Reactions: NynS and GIXXERosg

Legendacb

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 19, 2018
srry @GIXXERosg

i have to retire from league mate.
2 races and game crashed 10 min to finish.i was really getting enjoyable race. but this time again is not my day:(
Before game crashed i hope no touched the front driver @StormENT
good luck to all of you guys.
thanks
You didn't but I was just behind Storm and it was weird how you suddenly stopped.
I hope you can find a solution

• Friendly
Reactions: DANGEROUS GIANETTA

HaiCo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
What to say.. I guess the stars aligned for me today! Had my first quali run without a car in front of me and put together a good lap. Didn't think I could do any better than that first run but somehow got lucky another time without cars close. During the week I was at least half a second slower in qualifying.

The race started and I instantly knew it wasn't going to be easy at all. I wasn't pulling away from @Lorda171 and after 5 laps I made a couple of mistakes which allowed @Lorda171 to overtake me. I believe his pace was better than mine, so the only chance I had was to go for an undercut. I thought it would be better to not really take extreme risks and just tried to follow him for the time being. The second time we were about to get in traffic I decided to risk it and pit. Managed to get two seconds in front of @Lorda171 after his pitstop but once again he was gaining time on me. Not much, but the gap went from two seconds to 0.8 seconds with a couple of laps to go. Thankfully traffic didn't give me much trouble (thank you to multiple drivers for that) and I maintained the one second lead. In the final laps @Lorda171 decided to make sure he kept P2, which finally after 56 minutes gave me a moment to breath. It was an intense race and I thank @Lorda171 for the great hot-stint kind of race.

Paul Ricard up next. Will once again be a big challenge, but if we all keep up this kind of fair racing - then I'm sure we're gonna have fun.

Would like to know if everyone thought the formation lap pace was alright or not.

Lorda171

Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2020
What to say.. I guess the stars aligned for me today! Had my first quali run without a car in front of me and put together a good lap. Didn't think I could do any better than that first run but somehow got lucky another time without cars close. During the week I was at least half a second slower in qualifying.

The race started and I instantly knew it wasn't going to be easy at all. I wasn't pulling away from @Lorda171 and after 5 laps I made a couple of mistakes which allowed @Lorda171 to overtake me. I believe his pace was better than mine, so the only chance I had was to go for an undercut. I thought it would be better to not really take extreme risks and just tried to follow him for the time being. The second time we were about to get in traffic I decided to risk it and pit. Managed to get two seconds in front of @Lorda171 after his pitstop but once again he was gaining time on me. Not much, but the gap went from two seconds to 0.8 seconds with a couple of laps to go. Thankfully traffic didn't give me much trouble (thank you to multiple drivers for that) and I maintained the one second lead. In the final laps @Lorda171 decided to make sure he kept P2, which finally after 56 minutes gave me a moment to breath. It was an intense race and I thank @Lorda171 for the great hot-stint kind of race.

Paul Ricard up next. Will once again be a big challenge, but if we all keep up this kind of fair racing - then I'm sure we're gonna have fun.

Would like to know if everyone thought the formation lap pace was alright or not.
Well , i finally get AMG to be faster and stable and delight on front tires, wasnt expecting too much , but i was hoping to have good pace and dont destroy my tires to death in 15 minutes :D

@HaiCo it was just wonderfull , we were identical with pace ,there was not so big difference and i enjoyed it !Really sweating and happy after long time , and my fuel , it would be enough i guess , but finishing with 0.2 in line , i was worried and better 2nd then out of fuel in last corner i guess :D i was pushing AMG to limit , i had on start 112 liters and almost all gone :D only thing that made me sad , my old G25 is sometimes miss shifting (gear down) suddenly , and it is costing me some time , but she is 12 years old , so she have to keep up :))
THX a lot for whole race in stress without breath , looking forward to another track , only not on PR , i hate that track and cant go fast on it :D

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
It was done that way to see if T4 was paying attention to details, YOU ALL FAIL ;):ROFLMAO: