PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 3 - Circuit Paul Ricard - 25/02/20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 3 - Circuit Paul Ricard - 25/02/20 @8PM UK Time

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I saw a TON of people cutting right across the pit exit line in practice, a TON. Remember people have the right to leave pits so stay to the left of the line until you clear the car leaving pits or you are POSITIVE pit lane doesn't have a car coming out.

20200224161500_1.jpg 20200224161436_1.jpg

Flicony

Semi-Pro Karter
May 3, 2018
Also worth noting that track limit penalties are very easy to catch on this track. I have had no penalties in the first two rounds but had two drive through penalties on the practice race here. I heard some people complaining about inconsistency in turn 2, whereas I got the penalties mostly on turn 1 and the fast right hander after the long straight.

Just something to keep in mind :)

BDG_Geo

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Also worth noting that track limit penalties are very easy to catch on this track. I have had no penalties in the first two rounds but had two drive through penalties on the practice race here. I heard some people complaining about inconsistency in turn 2, whereas I got the penalties mostly on turn 1 and the fast right hander after the long straight.

I got two warnings very quickly on the first couple of laps.is it three warnings then its a drive thru penalty?im unsure as iv never had more than two in a race!

Legendacb

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 19, 2018

Amateur...

I was pushing the limit and found them all.
Turn 2 the visual cue its false, those little flips are not the track limit.
5-6 before the straight are sometimes also cut tracks easily.
The fast right sometimes it does sometimes it dont, if you lift mostly you wont get those.
And the most "unfair" for me, the long right after this fast one gives you a warning if you go to the kerb on the exit.

I got like 8 DT. I really hope I cant contain myself today xD

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
● Cars on a qualifying Hotlap have the right away, cars that reset to the pit during qualifying must let the hotlap cars through before entering the track.
● During the race, cars exiting the pits have the right away and must be allowed to exit back onto the track. Do not cut off pit exit.

Just like we had to do at Zandvoort

@Shooter80 reminded people in discord of a good strategy (yellow line in the pic) for pit exit during Qual if you reset to the pits and can't find room to exit. I kind of do this BUT don't take out any of the brake markers!!!

PR Qual pit exit.png

Reactions: Fizzymon

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Didn't win due to losing the car when my wheel add-on decided to put the car into fuel mode 10.. was in the lead by 6 seconds at that point. Then when I caught back up to @Erzkbl9, we battled a bit too much and gave others the chance to get out in front of us without changing tires during their pitstop. Final couple of laps were a mess, with the Porsche I was unable to overtake on the straights and some hard defending was going on.

Congrats to @Mali Baćo on the win!

Fizzymon

F1 Race Winner
Jan 14, 2018
So this is a friendly reminder to look after your brakes. I am sure many of you saw my pink and black porsche facing the wrong way or spinning at the end. Yea turns out my front brakes were completely destroyed.....

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Mali Baćo Congrats on the win!!! @HaiCo I shouldn't of said it was a Porsche day, I jinx'd lol

@Danny Hendriks fun running again, was sorry to see that DT when we were getting a groove going @DubyaStep hell of a fun time at the end, no clue how you kept that car going.

@Erzkbl9 tough break on running out of fuel but it almost got really bad for the both of us when Dub and I split you fighting for position, last second I saw that black car sitting there lol
20200225171232_1.jpg

Reactions: Danny Hendriks

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
@Mali Baćo Congrats on the win!!! @HaiCo I shouldn't of said it was a Porsche day, I jinx'd lol

@Danny Hendriks fun running again, was sorry to see that DT when we were getting a groove going @DubyaStep hell of a fun time at the end, no clue how you kept that car going.

@Erzkbl9 tough break on running out of fuel but it almost got really bad for the both of us when Dub and I split you fighting for position, last second I saw that black car sitting there lol
View attachment 104807
Might have partially been my mistake too. I went off throttle since I didn't realize @Erzkbl9 ran out of fuel. I at first thought he wanted to give me the position, I even said "Just go" in Discord. So I might have not really given him a chance to go off the racing line earlier.

Reactions: GIXXERosg

Mali Baćo

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 17, 2018
Thank you fellas, thank you for hard and clean fights!

My qualy started a bit off (you heard me ask how the fudge it's possible to drive sub-55 at the end of FP session) and then I found some pace. Turns out that Paul Ricard 3h was substantial as I've already had a setup I'm feeling good with, just needed small tweaks. Seeing the gap of less than two tenths to the provisional pole made me push even harder, and there was time to be gained but I couldn't set a better lap. Congrats to @Erzkbl9 for the pole position.

However, P3 was a great position to start the race, and it represents my best placement so far. I had a lot of confidence in the car (turns out I was damn right) but a carefully slow start from mine made me drop to P5, behind @GIXXERosg. As I enjoy fighting him, I took things lap by lap and made it through in turn 9, as I recall.

The next up was @Walter Rotundo, who was defending really hard and forced me to plan my moves way ahead. I really enjoyed the sweat, but I didn't enjoy the fact that @HaiCo and Erzkbl9 were pulling away, boasting a 10 second gap. After some heavy attacks, which Walter successfully blocked, I passed him with a dive down the inside of the last corner, just as he was about to pit.

Seeing the stable 10 second gap before the front runners pitted, I knew the best way to pass them would be to not change tires. The car felt pretty good, but I could feel the rears were dropping off a bit in turn 9 so I started losing confidence. However, with only 25 minutes to go, there was not enough time to eventually regain the lost positions, so I pitted only for fuel and got back on track just behind @DubyaStep and a bit more than a second ahead of Erzkbl9 and HaiCo. A harsh move down the inside of DubyaStep in turn 9 helped me get back in the lead.

This was the time when everything began. And boy, was I sweating! Throughout the closing ten laps, I felt that I've lost the win multiple times, as both Erzkbl9 and HaiCo were side by side with me on the back straight. My tires started to drop and I felt less and less confidence in the car as I was trying to hold things together. We went side by side, bumper to bumper, switching lines and everything. The hardest battle I've faced in league racing so far! Congratulations for both of them for great fighting!

I don't want to write too much, as HaiCo was streaming, so I would leave you with this link to experience the tension in the closing stage of the race.

Congratulations to GIXXERosg for the podium position. See you in a week!

Erzkbl9

S3 AOR PC F2 Sprint Champion
Feb 1, 2018

View attachment 104807
Completely my fault that I run out of fuel.
I was focused on making it to the line and not where to position my car. But i guess if i go down the straight with 20 kph, I'm a danger regardless of which line I take.
Anyways congrats to the podium drivers

Danny Hendriks

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2016
@Danny Hendriks fun running again, was sorry to see that DT when we were getting a groove going
Yes it was fun racing with you, and nice to see the overcut did actualy worked. Didnt had to much problems with the drivethrough, the thing that killed me was when i got in the pit to serve the penalty, when i cam out, the penalty was still there, so had to go in the pit for a second time before it got cleared. Again being screwed bij the game

• Informative

Legendacb

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 19, 2018
This race had a "fight" in the start for the 19-25 position that was quite dramatic, a lot of mistakes and way too much fighting when there was 80+ minutes left.

It was thrilling tho

Reactions: Daniel Weidmann

Legendacb

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 19, 2018
There is some "recognition" for being the more "regular" guy in the season? I have recorded a 17th, 18th and 19th position so far...

• Winner