PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 4 - Monza - 03.03.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 4 - Round 4 - Monza - 03.03.20 @8PM UK Time

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

The Autodromo Nazionale di Monza is a historic race track near the city of Monza, north of Milan, in Italy. Built in 1922, it is the world's third purpose-built motor racing circuit after those of Brooklands and Indianapolis. The circuit's biggest event is the Formula One Italian Grand Prix. Except 1980, the race has been hosted there since the series's inception.

Weather Conditions:
Dynamic, 13 degree average ambient temperature, 17 degree starting track temperature. 0.4 cloud coverage. 4 randomness. Rain cutoff at 2/3rds.

In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 13:00
- Race start time: 14:00 (x1 time acceleration)

Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit during the race
  • Mandatory tire change
  • No refuelling allowed
Server settings
{
"track": "monza_2019",
"eventType": "E_3h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
"postQualySeconds": 240,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 13,
"trackTemp": 17,
"cloudLevel": 0.4,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 4,
"simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
},
{
"hourOfDay": 13,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"timeMultiplier": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

No Shows: @hicksteR @Daniel Weidmann @Delta2611

Last edited:

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Really need to prepare for anything this round.... Dry, Damp, Wet, combo's of all of them. So hard to tell, pray there is no thunderstorms. If there is, it is usually quick but does leave puddles so slow down and wait till the cars push enough water off the track.

A lot of people are going with 1 setup for the race (with tire options) which has high ride heights but can still run in the dry. Rain can come and if your dry setup is to low you will have issues.

Best advise I can give since I am still wrapping my head around a plan.

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018
Really need to prepare for anything this round.... Dry, Damp, Wet, combo's of all of them. So hard to tell, pray there is no thunderstorms. If there is, it is usually quick but does leave puddles so slow down and wait till the cars push enough water off the track.

A lot of people are going with 1 setup for the race (with tire options) which has high ride heights but can still run in the dry. Rain can come and if your dry setup is to low you will have issues.

Best advise I can give since I am still wrapping my head around a plan.
Are we really running with those thunderstorms? Our practice tonight had thunderstorms for almost the whole race. The puddles and track are ok. But you can't see a thing. I can't see how we can race that. It would been called off irl. You can't even see brake lights, the markers around the track, cars or sometimes track in general. Someone on discord even said they had the driving line on and they couldn't see that either.

BDG_Geo

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Are we really running with those thunderstorms? Our practice tonight had thunderstorms for almost the whole race. The puddles and track are ok. But you can't see a thing. I can't see how we can race that. It would been called off irl. You can't even see brake lights, the markers around the track, cars or sometimes track in general. Someone on discord even said they had the driving line on and they couldn't see that either.
And i dont think everyone had there rain light on either.backmarkers were an issue with the low visibility.i just tried to move over as soon as i could for the leaders but ther were some who didnt and it made it impossible as soon as u came within a certain time or distance from someone gettn a blue flag but not moving over and the person at the rear has to drop back or end up in the wall.it was for me anyway.
The formation lap was just terrible i have to say guys..before we had even crossed the line there was folk crashed into the wall..i also got overtook before the line as well.i know this is maby a tad soft but gents.when we dont follow the basic rules it always ends up a mess and it showed tonight.
The speed of the formation lap was almost at a stand still halfway down the straight..i really didnt know what was going on.was glad when the server got restarted!
@Smolda thanks for the racing mate..was using u as pacesetter for me and it helped massively.up until i made a mistake pffff lol at the end i noticed ther was some of the boards at turn one were left so i had to finish them off..it just took off straight into you as u wer at the left side.i apologise for that bud.didnt mean to affect ur rating or do that on purpose :)
Heres to an easier night tomorrow and more of the rules being followed ;)

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Omg, what? Rating can be affected AFTER the race ended? I smashed it into the wall after the finish line and I'm pretty sure I hit someone ... sorry for that, whoever that was. I hope it was just my rating that got affected ... ffs ...
Also @BDG_Geo , no worries, I have no idea what my rating is anyway as you can see :-D

• Funny
Reactions: BDG_Geo

BDG_Geo

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Omg, what? Rating can be affected AFTER the race ended? I smashed it into the wall after the finish line and I'm pretty sure I hit someone ... sorry for that, whoever that was. I hope it was just my rating that got affected ... ffs ...
Also @BDG_Geo , no worries, I have no idea what my rating is anyway as you can see :-D
I dont know if it can be affected after the race mate but just in case it was.
I know that its affected in pc2 after those races so i just assumed it was the same.
Thanks again for the racing mate..i really enjoyed trying to keep up with u as it was really difficult conditions :(

Fizzymon

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2018
Internet said "your race is sucking, so you don't deserve to continue" and yeet me out of the lobby with 15 mins left..... Had to reset it and it didn't come back until too late....

• Sad
Reactions: VoodooChild

Daniel Monteiro

Formula Karter
Jan 23, 2020
Thanks everyone for a good race, and apologies for the carnage I caused when I tapped @Walter Rotundo on the last turn, and especially to @Rikka for tagging you after I spun when trying to rejoin the track o_O:poop:

Pity the rain didn't make an appearance, let's see what happens on the next ones :coffee:

Lorda171

Formula Karter
Jan 17, 2020
wooooooo finally i did it ! AMG was fast here as expected , and for once i wasnt mad that it is not raining :D. Only issue was , im faster in race then quali , which is ..... strange , but 47.5 is fastest lap i ever did at monza , car worked perfectly , and thanks Koeckz for early fighting ! :) AMG 1 and 2 ! Looking forward to next race , though , im not gonna be that fast , ferrari boys will rule there :D

Last edited:

Mali Baćo

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 17, 2018
The AMG was so OP tonight that I'm lost for words. I had better runs through every corner, was diving down the chassis of both leaders and then we go on a straight like nothing ever happened. After some of my mistakes in early laps, both have started disappearing in the distance.

Still, great fighting @D. Koeckz in the closing stages, but I was never able to go side-by-side with him, let alone to challenge for an overtake. Congratulations to @Lorda171 for the win, perfectly deserved!

Being in a Ferrari, I have great expectations for Hungaroring. Hopefully I will manage to make a good performance, though being P3 in such a competition tonight feels like a win too.

D. Koeckz

Pro Karter
Oct 17, 2019
@Mali Baćo Thank you were also very fair in the fight had to brake earlier and earlier because my brakes were very low in the back but you always reacted really well. I have to give praise to the other guys too, all made good room when we (the top) came. Look out really well for the blue flags. So thanks to everyone and a real shame it hadn't rained lol.

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Unfortunately the F1 placements kept me from practicing more than 20 laps this week. Still satisfied with my P5 finish, knowing I had light damage at the front of the car after someone completely missed turn 1 during the second lap.

The battle for the championship in this tier is gonna be a very interesting one. I might still be in first place, but I definitely am not the fastest one out there.

Congrats @Lorda171 (y)