PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 2 - Zandvoort - 18.02.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 2 - Zandvoort - 18.02.20 @8PM UK Time

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018

Circuit Zandvoort is a motorsport race track located in the dunes north of the municipality of Zandvoort in Netherlands. Historically, the venue has been used as the home of the Dutch Grand Prix up until 1985. Recently, the circuit has been hosting numerous smaller motor racing series, including DTM and F3, and is slated to host the returning 2020 Dutch Grand Prix.

● League Coordinators: @paleez

Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Overcast

ZandvoortQualiTemps.png

- Race start: Overcast
ZandvoortRaceTemps.png

Track state will progress from Practice to Qualifying to Race and by the time the race starts the track should be "Optimum".

In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 10:00
- Race start time: 14:00 (x1 time acceleration)

Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit during the race
  • Mandatory tire change
  • No refuelling allowed
Server settings
{
"track": "zandvoort_2019",
"eventType": "E_3h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
"postQualySeconds": 120,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 15,
"trackTemp": 19,
"cloudLevel": 0.6,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 0,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 9,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 10
},
{
"hourOfDay": 10,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 120
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 20
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

Manual Rolling Start Information: (remember, in game, the green flag will be waved, but we'll do the AOR formation lap)
● Formation Zone - short straight leading into the last turn:
ZandvoortFormationZone.png

At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the RIGHT, P2 and the even numbers on the LEFT.

Acceleration Zone - begins at the pit entry line
ZandvoortAccelerationZone.png

Track overview:
Zandvoort.svg.png

● Informed no-shows:
@S4lty @Steve Allan @John Pecchia @Joaocastella78

uninformed no shows:
@Raining Thunder @Apexistant

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyborg

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
For anybody who wishes to practice for tuesdays race apexonlineracing server #6 with password Apex and hivemind #1 and #6 that has no password are setup with race conditions

Reactions: Sum1GetInThere

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
I've been on the servers since yesterday working on a setup and having a free practice. I'm not hopeful for this race "weekend" lol.

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
oh, Rob Slotemakerbocht. Stop spinning me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Also @NynS: Why do you Dutch folk keep making Dutch sound like drunk Low German? :poop:

IK WULD DI WAT VERTELLEN DE ROB SLOTEMAKERBOCHT IS EEN SHIETBOOG

• What?
Reactions: NynS

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
OK, first real impressions of driving in anger. The track is going to be tough to pass, with the start-finish straight being the best chances of overtakes, Maybe the run down to Turn 10 as well.

I'm just glad that the coordinators didn't make this a wet race because it would have been a right old challenge.

NynS

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 23, 2019
oh, Rob Slotemakerbocht. Stop spinning me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Also @NynS: Why do you Dutch folk keep making Dutch sound like drunk Low German? :poop:

IK WULD DI WAT VERTELLEN DE ROB SLOTEMAKERBOCHT IS EEN SHIETBOOG
No, you're a Schijtbocht. (Turd corner) :love:

Yeah, Dutch is a strange language Stephen :)

• Scared
Reactions: StephenCarry

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
I'm usually the one to praise everybody for excellent lapping behaviour and I understand that it's especially hard on a track like Zandvoort.

Been a really great race! I even made it without spinning, yeeey! :D

But ohman... I don't know how often I (and the other leading drivers...) were dangerously close to ram off backmarkers bcs of really incautious moves...

- lifting in an acceleration zone on the racing line (especially after turn 8 and 13)
- not lifting on a straight, but then almost coming to a dead stop on the racing line (often before turn 10)
- lifting in a turn when there's almost no space to overtake (t3 and t11)

I took 5 seconds off of P3 in 3 laps after pitting and was eager to overtake him - but then had at least FOUR incidents of improper moves while being lapped and had a half spin into the wall which gave me damage. Finished 10sec+ behind P3..

Rather frustrating to be honest, especially when keeping in mind that the coordinators mention those things prior to every race and practice so far.

NynS

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Been a really great race! I even made it without spinning, yeeey! :D
I saw you spin once :D

I also only spun twice, one 360 costing me 4 seconds total and one Scheivlak jump causing me to veer right where I couldn't be evaded by the car following me. Cost me 10th, perhaps 9/8/7th. And all that because I wanted a good exit...:eek:

Hope I'll perform like this next race, but then without the spins :)

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
well what can i say about this race, maybe a trilogy, the start as what i could see from 16th (couldnt put my 38 flat lap together) seemed clean and i highly thank you all for that, was a very hard start for me because i had to have my head on a swivel and made lockups and slides but made a few places with people going off, however i did have a nice run with @Tyborg with a bit of trading paint when i tried to squeeze him and didnt realise how close we actually was but gave the place to him for that and knew he was quicker so wanted to stay safe and consistant,

the middle part was quite lonely just hotlapping on my own which kind of worked out for me as i could take my lines and do constant 38's up until the pit phase as i chose not to go early and put myself in traffic and by doing that i was upto 3rd at one stage lol, i think i acvtually pitted at 25 mins to go and came out 12th but i dont think i was one of the last as i was gaining places

so onto the last stage and i thougt im all alone again a happy 8th will do then like a portal had opened and @Anduaa came out where the hell did you get that pace, i tried to get the pace to keep infront but then went too late into a corner and i bent over and let him have the place, but then i fopund some pace and could hang onto him and was waiting for the time to try and strike back but then a backmarker came into play (sorry i didnt see who it was) and i think @Anduaa went into fast on an entry which pushed him wide on exit onto the grass and i got the 8th place back but on the last lap had him all over my ass in the growling BMW i had to drive very defensively and hug the apex's s as slow as possable and get good exits which did just enough but wow what a race guys

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
on another note it was nice to hear people informing others about incidents on track and entering and exiting pits, unfortunatly though incidents with backmarkers, i do know its hard as one and ive been one alot but on this track aswell its hard to let them pass you safely but my advice would be is as soon as you hear th4e blue flag think of the best place to you to let them by and when you get there make an early move off the racing line and slightly let off and they will have the momentum to get by.
i know this is also hard when you are battling for position with someone but they will also do the same as you as they get the blue flags.

this also goes to those who are trying to lap people please be patient with others as it is daunting whne the adrenaline is pumping and does make people nervous all it takes is a quick ill pass you at the next corner or ill let you by at where ever, it makes it alot easier