PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 3 - Circuit Paul Ricard - 25/02/20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 3 - Circuit Paul Ricard - 25/02/20 @8PM UK Time

• All leagues are cancelled until Xmas Day - check out the Announcements section for more details.

Jeppi

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 30, 2019
Tough track, it made me improve a lot as a driver since that track was so unnatural for my style of driving. I lost the pace i had in practice on monday's race and it only came back while i was going through the pack after my spins with Morphee, Steve Allan and another one where i tried to left too much room on the left hander after the back straight.
It is a little disturbing that people fight so much for those late positions. If you are 20 to 29th and there is a faster car that puts a lot of pressure on you and that caught up fast with you, maybe there is no much point on over defending with one hour and 15 minutes to go. You can only lose time and take a chance to get hit.
Fortunately i didn't hit anybody, and once my car was trashed on the back straight still had some fun unlaping myself from some drivers. I think i did it as safely as possible and people kept defending a lot. I don't see the point of risking there race to keep a backmarker that is much faster behind them.
On Morphee's incident i don't know who's at fault, it looks quite different from his FOV than from mine. I asked for a review just to understand what is supposed to be expected in those situations.
If people isn't careful at Monza it could be more of the same for me, it is as well so easy to make mistakes that take people out.

Reactions: StephenCarry

Jeppi

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 30, 2019
Well, that was a **** show tonight. Had everything ready like yesterday and when to stream it, the ping when through the roof like a boiler exploding, Stopped streaming and came back and still the ping was all over the shop.

I want to apologise to J-rib for the possible contact when I had a massive ping spike, and If you want to protest it, that's completely understandable. However, that really made me want to retire the car and after getting some awful spikes on the main back straight and into the corners, I knew I was going to be a liability to everyone and did the safest thing and retired.

I'll see everyone at Monza next Tuesday. Now I'm off to kill a bunch of Zombies on Resident Evil
Hi Steve, i reported the incident since i had quite a few. But I understand completely that wasn't your fault and i am not looking for a sanction. The league could decide on what to do in those situation, I don't know how it looked like on your side. But maybe if it is too obvious that you won't be able to compete and you have to give up you should do so. From your point of view it could seem safe since you were last, and it made sens to try to see if things could improve. I happened to have an incident that put me behind you which is unfortunate.

Steve Allan

GP2 1st Driver
May 12, 2019
Hi Steve, i reported the incident since i had quite a few. But I understand completely that wasn't your fault and i am not looking for a sanction. The league could decide on what to do in those situation, I don't know how it looked like on your side. But maybe if it is too obvious that you won't be able to compete and you have to give up you should do so. From your point of view it could seem safe since you were last, and it made sens to try to see if things could improve. I happened to have an incident that put me behind you which is unfortunate.
Hey no worries about the inquiry.I’ll get the footage for it in the morning and see what the stewards have to say.Once again I’m really sorry about the incident.

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
I had a pretty good time. I think I didn't get a single track limits warning.... :)
had 2 DTs in practice race, then 2 warnings in the first 10 laps or so... then the third came 10minutes before the end and I was in anxiety :D

Tough track, it made me improve a lot as a driver since that track was so unnatural for my style of driving.
same for me! Huracán in PC2 taught me one thing and one thing only: "take every exit of a corner with full throttle". Doesn't work with the AMG in ACC, especially not on Paul Ricard :poop: