PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 4 - Monza - 03/03/20 @8PM Uk Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 4 - Monza - 03/03/20 @8PM Uk Time

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018

The Autodromo Nazionale di Monza is a historic race track near the city of Monza, north of Milan, in Italy. Built in 1922, it is the world's third purpose-built motor racing circuit after those of Brooklands and Indianapolis. The circuit's biggest event is the Formula One Italian Grand Prix. Except 1980, the race has been hosted there since the series's inception.

Weather Conditions:
Dynamic, 13 degree average ambient temperature, 17 degree starting track temperature. 0.4 cloud coverage. 4 randomness. Rain cutoff at 2/3rds.

In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 13:00
- Race start time: 14:00 (x1 time acceleration)

Server settings
{
"track": "monza_2019",
"eventType": "E_3h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
"postQualySeconds": 240,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 13,
"trackTemp": 17,
"cloudLevel": 0.4,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 4,
"simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
},
{
"hourOfDay": 13,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"timeMultiplier": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

● Formation Point:
monza formation.png

● Acceleration Zone:
monza accel.png

informed no-shows
@Quad___ @Frihman

Last edited:

Stephen Beswick

Pro Karter
Jan 2, 2020
Weather report says dynamic then rain cut off at 2/3rds. Does this mean it will definitely be raining?

Or just if it is randomly raining it will definitely stop before the end of the race?

• Useful
Reactions: NynS

morphee7

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
lol testing has resulted in ...... random results but no thunderstorms

morphee7

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
ok after hours and hours and hours and hours AND hours of driving at monsoon monza id say theres is a 70% chance of rain so i would concentrate on a hybrid setup as of last nights practice race in the #1 server alot of people quit the race as thery hadnt done any setup work and were just aquaplaning off track even losing it on the straights, a good starting point to work from would be the wet setup

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
be sure that your race setup can handle the (worst case scenario) conditions that currently are on server #hivemind 1.

*IF* at the start of the race you'll see clear weather, you might risk a dry setup, but if it will be cloudy i advise you to use a setup that would be able to eventually handle heavy rain.

Steve Allan

GP2 1st Driver
May 12, 2019
If the weather goes like it did tonight, May I recommend using Noah's ark rather than a GT3 car.

NynS

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 23, 2019
my car was handling really well in the wet, even thunderstorm had me understeer until very late in the race. The wetter the better! :D :evil:

• Scared
Reactions: StephenCarry

morphee7

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
i think i got a little angry at the start
my car was great handling wise until the last 10 mins but the major problem is visability, i was behind 3 cars at one point and it was that bad i couldnt see the ideal racing line

Steve Allan

GP2 1st Driver
May 12, 2019
I wouldn't blame you, that first start was a complete and utter fluster cuck. Well, hopefully, tomorrows race will go a whole lot smoother. Unless it's raining like that again and then all bets are off.

Also @NynS I think we're more careful because everyone expects to be in the lower tier is like being on the Dodgems at the fairgrounds and I know I want to show that even though my pace is slow (think a stoned tortoise) I'm more than capable to drive hard and clean (Well the second one is drastically improving)

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Or spin on their own, take me out when I'm high up the field, and then blame me for it....
same for me.

first they mess up the start - someone can't decide to go left or right, someone thinks he can start ahead of me and the one in front of me, then they accelerate to 100kph, drop to 60 again, then continue with 60-70. I overtake 3 guys waaaaaay past the start line, when only 2-3 cars in the top 10 are racing and the rest are just sitting at 60kph. some dude decides to squish me into the walls, i crash and would've died if it were real racing, 2000 other cars crash as well.

then, second start: I get lovetapped in t1, once from behind, once from the side. Stranded on the sausage kerb, couldn't go bcs well... 20 cars are in my way? and 1 behind me, so no reverse. 2 guys run into me, 3 guys blamed me for it.

i think i got a little angry at the start
absolutely understandable. I was furious bcs it wasn't inexperienced drivers who messed things up, but rather very well experienced and good drivers...

Then after a few laps I simply spin out of turn 2, the full throttle right hander, car done.

If anything like this happens tomorrow - you all better take off your headsets bcs I will eat my mic like a mad demon :poop:

• Scared