PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 6 - Silverstone - 17.03.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 6 - Silverstone - 17.03.20 @8PM UK Time

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
1584097789987.png

The Silverstone Circuit is a motor racing circuit in England located next to the Northamptonshire villages of Silverstone and Whittlebury.
Silverstone is the current home of the British Grand Prix, which it first hosted in 1948. The 1950 British Grand Prix at Silverstone was the first race in the newly created World Championship of Drivers. The race rotated between Silverstone, Aintree and Brands Hatch from 1955 to 1986, but relocated permanently to Silverstone in 1987. The circuit also hosts the British round of the MotoGP series.

• Weather conditions:
1584097845599.png

• In-game time-of-day information:
    - Qualifying time: 13:00
    - Race start time: 14:00 (x2 time acceleration)

• Pitstop:
    • One mandatory pit during the race
    • Mandatory tire change
    • No refuelling allowed
  • Server settings:

{
    "track": "silverstone_2019",
    "eventType": "E_3h",
    "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
    "sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
    "postQualySeconds": 120,
    "postRaceSeconds": 240,
    "ambientTemp": 17,
    "trackTemp": 15,
    "cloudLevel": 0.8,
    "rain": 0.4,
    "weatherRandomness": 0,
    "simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
    "sessions": [
    {
    "hourOfDay": 14,
    "dayOfWeekend": 1,
    "timeMultiplier": 1,
    "sessionType": "P",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 120
    },
    {
    "hourOfDay": 13,
    "dayOfWeekend": 2,
    "timeMultiplier": 1,
    "sessionType": "Q",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 15
    },
    {
    "hourOfDay": 14,
    "dayOfWeekend": 3,
    "timeMultiplier": 2,
    "sessionType": "R",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 60
    }
    ],
    "configVersion": 1
    }

Slight amendments in terms of weather or time may be applied.

No shows:
@Steve Allan @Tyborg

Last edited:

NynS

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 23, 2019
1584108301708.png

this + new start procedure + slightly randomised field due to rain = recipe for disaster :O
But looking forward to it though :D

Bauke

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 20, 2020
View attachment 107299

this + new start procedure + slightly randomised field due to rain = recipe for disaster :O
But looking forward to it though :D
Yep, also i would love to race in normal conditions for once. We did at Monza i guess but that was because we were lucky..
And alot of people had wet setups because they expected rain so they still didn't get to enjoy the dry conditions.

Last edited:

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
well only sun and ice at night so far. Really don't like rain buuut once per season is enough! :D

edit: I think I might have a torn or sprained ligament in my hand from Muay Thai practice. Dying in pain. Might not make the praccs as well as this race...

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: NynS and Bauke

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
edit: I think I might have a torn or sprained ligament in my hand from Muay Thai practice. Dying in pain. Might not make the praccs as well as this race...
Holy cow Stephen, that sounds painful. Rest the hand up, keep it iced up and take some anti inflammatory medicine and painkillers if you can.

hope your able to make it for the race.

• Friendly
Reactions: StephenCarry

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
I've got to pull out of the race for Tuesday night,

For those who don't know, I suffer from type 2 diabetes and I've just had my yearly eye check up letter come through and it's on Tuesday evening at 4:50 pm. Now normally late hospital appointments like this wouldn't be a problem, however, due to the eye drops they use, my eyes take at least three to four hours to get back to normal (because my eyes are crap at resetting to normal after these drops), and considering the weather for this weeks race. I'm pulling out of this round.

Man between being sick internet pings and migraines and concussion I've not had a good season at all :(

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018

For those who don't know, I suffer from type 2 diabetes and I've just had my yearly eye check up letter come through and it's on Tuesday evening at 4:50 pm. Now normally late hospital appointments like this wouldn't be a problem, however, due to the eye drops they use, my eyes take at least three to four hours to get back to normal (because my eyes are crap at resetting to normal after these drops), and considering the weather for this weeks race. I'm pulling out of this round.

Man between being sick internet pings and migraines and concussion I've not had a good season at all :(
i understand too well with being type one

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Original post updated with correct time acceleration (was 1x now 2x) to match server settings.

(Change wont make any real difference with the race being in mid-day and there not being any weather randomness, so the forecast length doesn't matter)

Tyborg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 28, 2016
Most likely I will not make the race this tuesday. Computer parts are dead so I am just going to go ahead and update and things won’t even come in till Sunday and Monday. So I really don’t think I will have the time to be fully operational by the race. But on the good side of things it’s a AMD3950x overclocked I have a 2080ti I got last week for the old set up. 64gb of ram. 1000w power supply. 1TB ssd of the new kind of ssd (forget the name) (plus my other hard drives) and a nice cooler for the processor.

not a big fan of the track but love any type of dynamic weather so I am highly disappointed I am probably not making it.

It probably makes me out of the running for the season too. This is hard to swallow.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: NynS

Tyborg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 28, 2016
Personally I feel the more variations the better. It’s real and it adds cool elements like rain. And expecting rain and spending my whole time on a rain setup to last min have a dry race and only have worked 5 mins on tht setup. It mixes the field a bit and separates sim racers from San Francisco rush racers.

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
@StephenCarry hows the hand doing? feeling any better?
could've sworn I already updated my post but obv my mind tricks me... :unsure:

Luckily only sprained, seems to work. Quite painful, but nothing that ice and meds cannot make bearable. So far.

tothferko

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2020
I had to miss last night's practice race. Looking at the results now... something is seriously broken in my driving. I've been practicing on the AOR servers since last week and my lap times have not been any better than 2.17,0. I see some of you did 2.13s , hats off!

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
could've sworn I already updated my post but obv my mind tricks me... :unsure:

Luckily only sprained, seems to work. Quite painful, but nothing that ice and meds cannot make bearable. So far.
well dont you be doing more damage to it by forcing yourself to drive, theres always next week

I had to miss last night's practice race. Looking at the results now... something is seriously broken in my driving. I've been practicing on the AOR servers since last week and my lap times have not been any better than 2.17,0. I see some of you did 2.13s , hats off!
nah theres nothing off, there was 40+ cars on track last night so that clears a hell of alot of water, i was only doing 2:16/17s when there was only 4 people in the AOR servers

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
well dont you be doing more damage to it by forcing yourself to drive, theres always next week

nah theres nothing off, there was 40+ cars on track last night so that clears a hell of alot of water, i was only doing 2:16/17s when there was only 4 people in the AOR servers
1. that was my thought this morning actually :D but it got way better during the day and seems to be waaaaay better than expected :)

2. same for me, I did 2.16/2.17 in the beginning and low 2.13s towards the end. Could've been a few 2.12s if it weren't for 5000 cars who wanted to lap me :D

• Kappa
Reactions: NynS

Sum1GetInThere

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 7, 2019

Sorry to hear that, speedy recovery

PoL

Formula Karter
Feb 19, 2018
okay so just to confirm - is this an afternoon race in the wet?