PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 8 - SPA - 31.03.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Tier 5 - Round 8 - SPA - 31.03.20 @8PM UK Time

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018

The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is a motor-racing circuit located in Stavelot, Belgium. It is the current venue of the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix, hosting its first Grand Prix in 1925, and has held a Grand Prix every year since 1983.

Fun Fact: @Shooter80 will name his 1st child Spa-Francorchamps Shooter :)

Weather Conditions: Dynamic, 30 degree average ambient temperature, 30 degree starting track temperature. 0.0 cloud coverage. 2 randomness.

● In-game time-of-day information:

• - Qualifying time: 11:00
  • - Race start time: 12:00
Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit during the race
  • Tire change and fuel are optional
Server settings:
Code:
{
  "track": "spa_2019",
  "eventType": "E_3h",
  "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
  "sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
  "postQualySeconds": 240,
  "postRaceSeconds": 240,
  "ambientTemp": 30,
  "trackTemp": 30,
  "cloudLevel": 0.0,
  "rain": 0.0,
  "weatherRandomness": 2,
  "simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
  "sessions": [
    {
      "hourOfDay": 12,
      "dayOfWeekend": 1,
      "timeMultiplier": 1,
      "sessionType": "P",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 120
    },
    {
      "hourOfDay": 11,
      "dayOfWeekend": 2,
      "timeMultiplier": 1,
      "sessionType": "Q",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 15
    },
    {
      "hourOfDay": 12,
      "dayOfWeekend": 3,
      "timeMultiplier": 3,
      "sessionType": "R",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 90
    }
  ],
  "configVersion": 1
}

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
NOTE: Server settings changed from "weatherRandomness": 3 to "weatherRandomness": 2, as using 3 occasionally resulted in short heavy rain downpours during the race.

As interesting as that might well be, with the length of the pitlane, and considering it is the final race of the season, it was decided to reduce the chance of this happening to try to ensure that the final race of the season is a full on race, is less likely to be decided by luck, and to have a more consistent experience across the tiers.

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
Fingers crossed I should be in for the race on Tuesday. Hopefully, the week's rest has helped with the calf problem.

However, if I'm racing at Spa, (with permission of the coordinator team of course) I'm going to be running a special livery for Spa this season. I'll be running M.G.A racing as a tribute to Anthoine Hubert who passed away last year, and this is what I came up with.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.03.28 - 18.59.51.30.png

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
no i have no issue with this and i believe @VoodooChild wouldnt either, it would only be an issue if they broadcast our races and you would need to inform the broadcasters of this and why

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
on another note im sorry to bring this up but there was far too much chatter in last weeks race, i know we had a couple of new guys and might of not known this but we need to keep the chatter to a bare minimum uinless it is something that needs to be said like a stationary car on track or if your being laped and telling them were/when to pass (which i do as its hard for me to see the mfd for the indicators (forgive me) same as saying sorry just a quick sorry and reply as no problem or so on so please try to remember this
thanks for reading my winge and see you for the practice and league races

Sum1GetInThere

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 7, 2019
Jeesh Final race already, where has time gone to?
Is there a planned new season starting soon?
Can't wait for the race tomorrow, i will also join in the practice tonight.
For practice can i bring my ugly livery in solidarity against COVID-19?

tothferko

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2020
Monday practice social#2
I pitted for tyre change and refuel. The mandatory pit stop was not met, at least not said by the engineer nor displayed on screen. Then I crashed and went for repair. Then it said mandatory pit stop completed... :/ I did not have any penalty due.
Suspect a bug in system.

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
@John Pecchia No window. You can pit any time between the end of lap 1, and your second last lap of the race (although if you pit too early you'll struggle to get enough fuel in to do the distance).

@tothferko I'm not aware of any bugs that are known to cause that, so it seems unlikely to repeat itself, it certainly should have counted, if it happens in the real race just drive to the end and the stewards can likely reverse the penalty/DQ if you provide evidence you did indeed stop.

Reactions: John Pecchia

Stephen Beswick

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2020
Jeesh Final race already, where has time gone to?
Is there a planned new season starting soon?
Can't wait for the race tomorrow, i will also join in the practice tonight.
For practice can i bring my ugly livery in solidarity against COVID-19?
See the main thread for this league Sum1GetinThere, this was asked last week by myself. A gap of a few weeks but potentially a quick short season in Porsche Cup or something.

Reactions: Sum1GetInThere

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
what @Shooter80 said sorry didnt get any motification saying you had taged me sorry

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
on another note im sorry to bring this up but there was far too much chatter in last weeks race, i know we had a couple of new guys and might of not known this but we need to keep the chatter to a bare minimum uinless it is something that needs to be said like a stationary car on track or if your being laped and telling them were/when to pass (which i do as its hard for me to see the mfd for the indicators (forgive me) same as saying sorry just a quick sorry and reply as no problem or so on so please try to remember this
thanks for reading my winge and see you for the practice and league races
also, no thanking people for letting you pass under blue flags.

• Agree
Reactions: NynS

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
I don´t see any situation where you have to talk or where it helps? I aint interested in other teams race strategies they sometimes airs. There is yellow flag warnings for accidents. There is slow car ahead warning automatically from the spotter. There is blue flags that show if you are about to be lapped or lapping anyone. Body language is clear enough and less distracting for both. Guess you could map blinkers if you really want.

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
I don´t see any situation where you have to talk or where it helps?
well what we encountered several times this season as well as before: imagine lap1 or very early on in the race; crash and a car is on track. A quick "car on track after hairpin!" or something like this can prevent someone breaking too late and cause a huuuuuuge pileup. Yellow flags won't give you the alert that this statement does I believe, especially if you imagine turn 1 where you can't see whats beyond the turn and you can see even less bcs of the traffic.

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
well what we encountered several times this season as well as before: imagine lap1 or very early on in the race; crash and a car is on track. A quick "car on track after hairpin!" or something like this can prevent someone breaking too late and cause a huuuuuuge pileup. Yellow flags won't give you the alert that this statement does I believe, especially if you imagine turn 1 where you can't see whats beyond the turn and you can see even less bcs of the traffic.
Yellow flag mean you must be ready for whatever you can´t see. As soon as you see the yellow you have to take some precaution. I have not find any situation where it would have made a difference but that would be the least unnecessary chat for sure :)

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Yellow flag mean you must be ready for whatever you can´t see. As soon as you see the yellow you have to take some precaution.
yea but let's be honest: most people don't care at all for yellow or white flags bcs they think there's just a car off track.. and yellow flags happen so frequent, that in 90% of the cases they ignore them subcontiously anyways :/

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Yellow flag mean you must be ready for whatever you can´t see. As soon as you see the yellow you have to take some precaution. I have not find any situation where it would have made a difference but that would be the least unnecessary chat for sure :)
Sometimes yellow flags are not triggered in time. But I agree that chatter should not happen and IMHO this is the only kind of valuable communication.