PC ACC GT3 Season 4 - Tier 3 - Driver Introduction

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Driver introduction banner v1.png

Hey and welcome to Season 4 of the AOR ACC GT3 League.

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:
  1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
  2. What's your previous league racing experience?
  3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track!

chikkybamby

Semi-Pro Karter
May 11, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm Anatole, French simracer. I don't have a lot of time for simracing because I'm a full time parent of 2 little kids (3 and 5). I only play to ACC.
I was in the Night owl RLM league recently which was my first (thanks to the lock down). RIP RLM so ... :D

I'm not a bitch on track so if I have a contact with you, be sure it's not on purpose ;).

See you soon on the tracks !

nedze

Junior Karter
Mar 16, 2020
Hi all,

I'm Nedim from Bosnia&Herzegovina. Started simracing with Toca and Colin McRae rally on PS1. Now mostly driving iRacing and ACC. Also participated in my first ACC league last season on RLM.

First got G29 and now I'm on CSW 2.5 and Oculus Rift and using free time browsing for upgrades so its spiraling out of control :) Just need wife to allow me cram somewhere full PX-1 :)

See you on track...

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Hi everyone, i'm Xeonski (or Xeon) one of the two coordinators of this tier for this season.

You'll recognize me easily with my french accent and my blue/white/red porsche.

It's been almost two years since I joined AOR and this is my third season

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or @LiboCZ

Ayers99X

Semi-Pro Karter
May 16, 2020
Hey to everyone. My Name is Marcel, 36 years old and from germany. I started simracing 1,75 years ago on AC. I took part two seasons in a german AC-League, but it got more and more competetive, which resulted in lot's of drivers being rude on the track. Very hard driving, what demotivated me a lot, because i think, being respectful is No. 1 in Simracing. So i slowed down a bit with simracing. Four weeks ago i tried ACC and my motivation is back. I really hope for clean racing here, but first testraces were good so far. Someone divebombed me yesterday, but let me ovetake again! Thats how it should be. Be respectful on the track.

Last edited:

OJ Racing

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 30, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm Oli (OJ), 32 and live in the UK/Mexico. I have always had a passion for cars and speed and used to play Forza/Gran Turismo. About a year ago I bought my first wheel (Logitech G920) and Project Cars 2 and raced with AOR for a season on the Xbox.

I bought a PC and proper rig about 9 months ago and this will be my third season in ACC with AOR, though I am still using my trusty G920!

I'm not expecting to be fighting for victories, so would be happy with some nice clean battles and seeing some personal improvement through the season.

Looking forward to seeing you all on track.

PS favourite track in ACC in Zandvoort.

eL_Gibo

Junior Karter
May 4, 2020
Hello all!

My name's Dave, D.Gibson in-game or eL_Gibo on the forums/discord. I'm 32 and from the UK. Avid racing fan ever since I was very young. I saved my pocket money for a Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel in 1999. Progressed to a Logitec G25, then a G29.....then another G29 as of last week since I have cracked my pedals down the middle. Saving for a direct drive and a rig over the next months!

Played some fairly early sim games such as Grand Prix Legends, GTR Evolution, GT Legends, Race 07 etc. Eventually cut my teeth on league racing in Rfactor 1 with a bunch of Aussies and New Zealanders in the Trans-Tasman Rivals ATCC league of all things. Sometimes had to get up pretty early to race with them! Recently I've been competing in ORL's GT3 league, going from Pcars, Pcars2 and now ACC. I was runner up twice, and last year's champ. This year's ACC league has been much more competitive, and I haven't really had much luck, suffering from many turn 1 kamikaze pilots (the worst being Zolder where I was rear-ended, which then made me look like David Coultard at Spa in 98....)

Historic tin-tops are my favourite form of racing - such close battles and such diverse fields! For me, Volvo is king! That's closely followed by GT3's, where I will often go and visit IRL. If you're ever at Spa for the 24 hours or Silverstone for the 6, let me know! I also live very close to Oulton Park, which is always an amazing location for watching racing!

I joined this series after enjoying the Silverstone 1000km, where we ended up 5th in the AM split. I'm not looking to be super competitive in this series, I don't have the time to dedicate for practice. All I'm looking for is clean, fair and fun racing. I don't care if I'm at the front or the back, just love close battles. I'm generally a very clean racer, but if I do ever take someone out and its completely my fault, I will always stop or slow to readdress. I never mean to take people out. I have VR, so I'll often back out of moves because I can see more of whats going on around me, probably to my detriment.

Looking forward to racing with you all, I will be in a mint green Bentley, also know as Mintley. See you on the track!

Mali Baćo

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 17, 2018
Hello guys,

I am Slobodan, but people usually call me Bobby. I will be 23 years old in two weeks time and I am a junior software engineer in an automotive-oriented IT company in Novi Sad, Serbia. Throughout the first few weeks I will be busy with completing my BSc thesis in computing and control engineering and hoping to graduate from faculty come the end of this or beginning of the next month.

Although a passionate racer, my racing career is pretty short. I joined AOR as my first competitive league two years ago as a Formula 1 driver. I was racing in PC2 Endurance, driving a Ferrari 488 GTE and becoming a vice-champion in the GTE-Am class. Following the season 1 of Assetto Corsa Formula 3, which I am now coordinating, I had a brief stint in Formula 1 only to decide to switch to AC Competizione GT3 and fully devote myself to it. I finished fifth in the standings in Season 2. Last season, I finished third in Tier 4 after a rough second half.

My racing gear is quite basic: a low-medium end PC, a Thrustmaster T300RS and a brave heart.

Other than on races in this tier, you can hear my voice and a thick accent on Assetto Corsa Formula 3 live streams, which occur every Monday on the official AOR YouTube channel. I consider myself a fierce racer, but a very fair one. I hope to regain consistency I lost in the middle of the last season and to get some silverware. Being in a faster tier, that will be harder to achieve but I'm sure I will have a good time nevertheless.

You will see me in a Ferrari (committed to it until I become a champ) #51, a silver and blue beauty. By the way, I am looking out for a teammate.

See you tonight!

Shentar

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 6, 2019
I'm Daniel, or Shentar, whichever you so prefer, using a CSL Elite wheel base, the Clubsport F1 Esports rim (the not stupid expensive thing), CSL elite pedals with loadcell. I started sim racing on F1 games from Codemasters (ikr?), and have branched out to actual sims, including, but not limited to, ACC, iRacing.com, and rFactor 2. I'm looking to not be last in this tier, as I am convinced that HaiCo pulled some strings to put me in this tier :(

fxruppert

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 24, 2018
Hello fellow racers,
my name is Félix, I am 21 years old and from the very small country of Luxembourg. I have always been passionate about racing, being a fan of formula 1 since my childhood, which brought me in the world of 'simracing' if you can call the F1 games a sim (unpopular opinion :p). Only with the realease of ACC I learned to really appreciate and find the path to the real world of simracing, although I have played other racing games before like PC, PC2, AC but not very frequently and without taking it too serious. I am using the T300RS wheel with T3PA pedals, but looking to upgrade in the nearer future.

In terms of league racing, I made my first experiences in this league, participating in 3 seasons of F1 with decent results, until I came across ACC, participating in the ORL league where I finished 3rd in the championship. Now I feel ready to join the AOR league once again and celebrate my little comeback in ACC and see how I do. I dont except too much since I know that the cometition is big and I took the challenge to compete with a new car. All I want to experience in this season is the excitement of close, but fair battles on track and getting to know new people. I'm also looking forward to the upcoming endurance events like the 1000km silverstone event, with was just so much fun :).

See you guys on track :D

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
Hello fellow racers

My name is Kim, 35 yo, living in Copenhagen, Denmark.

My time in the rig is very limited as being self employed body therapist and a father of three aged 9, 7 and 1 years old. That meant no time for hotlapping prior to this season.

I’ve been with this community for about 18 months, first of racing in Pcars 2 on Xbox. Subsequently switching to PC and ultimately ACC.

Was racing in the old Porsche in season 1 with decent results, back in Pcars for the FIA ‘98 series (that was a blast) and returning to ACC for season 3 pro tier in the Audi, but had a dreadful time in that killer machine with poor results. Now trying out the Boatley for this season, sadly not having much time for practice nor setup work but still hoping for some hard but clean fair racing.

If anyone is up for a teammate in the Boat I would be happy to join forces.

I’m using a foldable Playseat Challenge with Thrustmaster TX leather wheel, T3PA pedals and h-pattern shifter attached.

Cheers

Oh and BTW: my 6 months old RTX 2070super card decided to short circuit itself (I think) last Thursday, so for now I’m borrowing my friends 1070. Hoping to get a replacement card before he demands his GPU back:geek:

Last edited:

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
Hello everyone my name is Martin , im racing in AOR since 2016 started with Project Cars 2 and and moved to ACC . I have a company in Germany that that works with metal and recently decide to bring my hobby to the next level and start making my own sim rigs. Soon it will be announced with thread but i will try to help keeping the participant numbers high until the end of the season by giving monitor stand to one of the drivers that participate all the races. the winner will be chosen randomly from AOR staff.
Wish everybody fair racing and a lot of fun !

ta1s0n

Junior Karter
May 26, 2020
Hi everybody :)

My name is Timon, 39 years old, from Austria (with some thai roots).
I am using an Accuforce V2 DirectDrive wheel and Fanatec CSP V3 pedals on a 21:9 LG screen.

I started using a ffb wheel with GranTurismo4, and was lucky enough to qualify for the 2012 GT Academy where i ended up 3rd in Austria.
(unfortunately only 1st and 2nd got invited to Silvertone, still i was fastest in the real Nissan 370 they let us drive xD)

Since then i tried pretty much all sims, and did a limited amount of endurance racing (once in LFS a 24h race and a 12h Spa race in AC)
I also enjoy a lot of cruising and drifting, thats why i ended up having around 6000h in AC on Steam ;)
The last time i raced more frequently i did that on the SRS servers in AC, where i ended up on top of my country´s Road Rating list.

I recently started streaming on Twitch and appreciate a visit from any of you
www.twitch.tv/ta1s0n
Looking ahead to a season of close and clean racing!

C u on track

Last edited:

Millsy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm Ben Mills, best known as Millsy.
Judging by these comments I'm one of the youngest here at 18 and sadly have the worst wheel set-up here.
I have a Logitech driving force GT which I've had for a very long time. What should I upgrade to guys? Is Fanatec worth the money or should I go for a trusty g920?
ACC experience = 140 hours gametime and GZR Races and their 6HR Silverstone
League Racing Experience = F1 2019 most recent season - doing well in quali but very unlucky and really not enjoying the handling model
Hoping to finish in the top 10 this season with my macca on standard agro set-up. So if anyone could spare some knowledge on set-ups that would be class.

See you out there....!

Ayers99X

Semi-Pro Karter
May 16, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm Ben Mills, best known as Millsy.
Judging by these comments I'm one of the youngest here at 18 and sadly have the worst wheel set-up here.
I have a Logitech driving force GT which I've had for a very long time. What should I upgrade to guys? Is Fanatec worth the money or should I go for a trusty g920?
ACC experience = 140 hours gametime and GZR Races and their 6HR Silverstone
League Racing Experience = F1 2019 most recent season - doing well in quali but very unlucky and really not enjoying the handling model
Hoping to finish in the top 10 this season with my macca on standard agro set-up. So if anyone could spare some knowledge on set-ups that would be class.

See you out there....!
I never had a G920 but Thrustmaster T150, what should be same price-level. Now i`m using a CSL Elite Base 1.0. Compared to the Thrustmaster, the Fanatec's FFB is more detailed. You feel earlier, when the car is oversteering or understeering, it feels way better over curbs or bumps, because you feel what the car is doing. Even if the power of the csl elite don't make me faster, it's more fun to drive.

For me the upgrade was worth. The Thrustmaster were just rumbling, whenever it felt like.

When looking for fanatec gear, make yourself clear, what kind of steering wheel you want to use. As the Elite has 6 nm of torque, the CSW 2.5 has 8 nm. They say an elite base can handle steeringwheels up to 1,2 Kg. Of corse you can you heavier steeringwheels, but you will lose FBB Details due to the weight. May be i could help you a little bit.

Sanixx

Semi-Pro Karter
May 17, 2020
Hey everyone,

I am a bit late with this introductionbut yeah, my name is Tim and im 20 years old from slovenia and i am racing on a g29/kitchen chair combo and i guess it was good enough to get into tier 3. My sleep schedule is really messed up (This has no point but i dont know what else to write as an introduction).

I raced in 2 other acc leagues so far and i feel like i have gotten better with each one of them.

I am hoping my racing abilities and my speed will improve even more throughout this season and that we will all be able to push eachother to faster speeds.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on track.

Millsy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 28, 2020
I never had a G920 but Thrustmaster T150, what should be same price-level. Now i`m using a CSL Elite Base 1.0. Compared to the Thrustmaster, the Fanatec's FFB is more detailed. You feel earlier, when the car is oversteering or understeering, it feels way better over curbs or bumps, because you feel what the car is doing. Even if the power of the csl elite don't make me faster, it's more fun to drive.

For me the upgrade was worth. The Thrustmaster were just rumbling, whenever it felt like.

When looking for fanatec gear, make yourself clear, what kind of steering wheel you want to use. As the Elite has 6 nm of torque, the CSW 2.5 has 8 nm. They say an elite base can handle steeringwheels up to 1,2 Kg. Of corse you can you heavier steeringwheels, but you will lose FBB Details due to the weight. May be i could help you a little bit.
okay so it sounds like I should go full out and get a Fanatec. More torque the better right?
I'm guessing your wheel is partnered with loadcell pedals. If so, how are they ? Mine pedals are getting annoying :ROFLMAO:

Ayers99X

Semi-Pro Karter
May 16, 2020
okay so it sounds like I should go full out and get a Fanatec. More torque the better right?
I'm guessing your wheel is partnered with loadcell pedals. If so, how are they ? Mine pedals are getting annoying :ROFLMAO:
I would say, it depends on how much money you can spend. If i were you, i would go for the 2.5, as long as you have the money. More torque doesn`t mean it is better, but more torque can handle heavier steeringwheels. I used the Fanatec P1 - what comes with the Elite Bundle - before. Its weight is around 900 gramm, later i switched to the Fanatec McLaren, what has around 1250 gramm. I already felt the loss of FFB Details. It ok, but was better with the P1.

And because there are really cool new Fanatec Steeringwheel like the Porsche 911 or you want to use the Fanatec HUB with a third party wheel one day - those wheels will be heavier than McLaren or P1 - those 2 nm of torque more could make the difference.

And yes, i was using the Elite-Base with the Fanatec Elite Loadcell. In my opinion the price-performance ratio is really good. I think, you won`t regret it. Its easy to adjust the brake to your preference.

Millsy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 28, 2020
I would say, it depends on how much money you can spend. If i were you, i would go for the 2.5, as long as you have the money. More torque doesn`t mean it is better, but more torque can handle heavier steeringwheels. I used the Fanatec P1 - what comes with the Elite Bundle - before. Its weight is around 900 gramm, later i switched to the Fanatec McLaren, what has around 1250 gramm. I already felt the loss of FFB Details. It ok, but was better with the P1.

And because there are really cool new Fanatec Steeringwheel like the Porsche 911 or you want to use the Fanatec HUB with a third party wheel one day - those wheels will be heavier than McLaren or P1 - those 2 nm of torque more could make the difference.

And yes, i was using the Elite-Base with the Fanatec Elite Loadcell. In my opinion the price-performance ratio is really good. I think, you won`t regret it. Its easy to adjust the brake to your preference.
ah okay I understand what you mean by the weight of the wheels now. If I go for the base with more torque I can have more freedom with the wheels then, which would be worth the extra investment! I'll have to spec and price up a set then. Cheers for your help man, appreciate it!!!

Reactions: Ayers99X

LiboCZ

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Hey guys,

I am quite old racer but it seems not the oldest in the Tier (in few weeks I will be 37y). Still being from Czech Republic and somehow last season I won Tier 3, which no one would believe especially after my awful results in forst race (Q P32 and Race P28), looks like we are getting some competition here :D So I hope we all tohether will have fun, nice and fair racing and maybe meet some nic new ppl which will make this community even better :)

@Millsy I am having same wheel :D :D :D