ACC GT3 Season 4 - Tier 3 - Race 1 - Nürburgring [02/06/2020 7:30pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

ACC GT3 Season 4 - Tier 3 - Race 1 - Nürburgring [02/06/2020 7:30pm UK]

Millsy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 28, 2020
I don't know if its the same in ACC but in F1 we normally write small race reports each and share our highlights video. So as I'm bored imma get the ball rolling.

Quali: 1.55.0 is a decent lap but had extra time to find, finishing in P21.
Race: Started in gear 2 for some reason, bog down but still gained 5 or so positions in first sector. Had some good battles through the field but felt kinda slow. After 20 minutes I realised I was on Engine Map 12 FFS. Once I changed it I found some better pace in areas. Pitted with 25 mins left or so, one of the last to do so in P2 at that point. Came out pits P7, but it was telling me to slow down on exit, so I did so and lost so much time, rejoining in P8 with 5 angry guys behind. That is an annoying glitch, I was scared of getting a DT. Couple more battles, followed by a cheeky punt from A.Durrant in T3 dropped us to P11. We recovered well with good race pace, 1:55:5's up to P7. Good race for me really.

Hungary isn't looking to good. Hardly much time on that track on ACC. Time to get grinding...

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Indeed, for those who want, we're doing the same thing

I didn't got an extra Q but still a good Q, then for the race it was eventful, first i got damage from someone not rejoining properly then i had tyres 10 minutes older than most people, second was mostly defending my position, i got trapped in small incident but in the end i finishep P9 so i'm happy

Reactions: Millsy

kj5d

Semi-Pro Karter
May 19, 2020
qualified P2 - what a surprise. Lost to positions in T1 - probably because I was outside and trying to be very safe. Then got hit and turn around next lap also on T1 - everybody saw me I suppose as I had to let pass whole tier :-( somebady hit me on top of this. Broken car (20 sepairs) staring from p30 :)
After pit battling for over 10 laps with 3 other cars bumper to bumper for p24 . They eliminated themselves also in T1 and I inished p24

Millsy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 28, 2020
qualified P2 - what a surprise. Lost to positions in T1 - probably because I was outside and trying to be very safe. Then got hit and turn around next lap also on T1 - everybody saw me I suppose as I had to let pass whole tier :-( somebady hit me on top of this. Broken car (20 sepairs) staring from p30 :)
After pit battling for over 10 laps with 3 other cars bumper to bumper for p24 . They eliminated themselves also in T1 and I inished p24
thats so unfortunate after a great quali dude :(

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
So heres my quick Round 1 resumé:
- With 1.55.590 qualified P35 of 38 cars. The lap was not a banker, although it was 0.6 shy of my best ever lap in the Aston. P6 to P35 within 1 second -> shock / scary af
- Made up quite some positions early in the race, up to P21.
- Got punted in the back around halftime right before the pit entry and pitted immediately. Didn't double check my pit strategy settings in time, so right as my car gets jacked up, I see that I'll unnecessarily repair my brakes for a total pit stop of around 1 min. and 30 seconds
- Reentering the track dead last of all cars still running. The next car to my position was around 15 seconds ahead, and i wasn't even fast enough to close this gap a tiny bit. My fastest race lap was almost 1 second off the pace of most of you guys fastest race lap. -> demoralized and sad (salty tears)
- from what i've seen yet, I'm going to be off at least a second off the race pace also in Hungary.
- please relegate me at least one Tier lower

• Surprised

Millsy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 28, 2020
- With 1.55.590 qualified P35 of 38 cars. The lap was not a banker, although it was 0.6 shy of my best ever lap in the Aston. P6 to P35 within 1 second -> shock / scary af
- Got punted in the back around halftime right before the pit entry and pitted immediately. Didn't double check my pit strategy settings in time, so right as my car gets jacked up, I see that I'll unnecessarily repair my brakes for a total pit stop of around 1 min. and 30 seconds
- Reentering the track dead last of all cars still running. The next car to my position was around 15 seconds ahead, and i wasn't even fast enough to close this gap a tiny bit. My fastest race lap was almost 1 second off the pace of most of you guys fastest race lap. -> demoralized and sad (salty tears)
- from what i've seen yet, I'm going to be off at least a second off the race pace also in Hungary.
is this Janz I was racing with the other night ? Stay confident dude, it happens...

Reactions: jaycoool

Sanixx

Semi-Pro Karter
May 17, 2020
Yeah man do not worry about it you were also within the one second you may think you are slow but you will also improve more like this than going to a lower tier. Just stay calm and stuff like this happens everyone makes mistakes. You can learn from them for the next time and be more careful. You got this in hungary.

• Agree
Reactions: Millsy and jaycoool

Joe_Hanes

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2020
I know the feeling mate. Last season I was in the middle of Tier 2 and now I'm at the bottom of T3. But that doesn't mean there's no fun to be had. The battles in the back can be just as good.

LiboCZ

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
@jaycoool it will be discussed between coordinators tonight

My race can be commented in short as race to forget, Quali P32, Race P28, it can be only better, right?

• Informative
Reactions: Millsy and jaycoool

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
@jaycoool it will be discussed between coordinators tonight
@LiboCZ @Xeonski My remark certainly came out of the inital frustration of this stinker of a race I had. I really had done an excessive amount of practise / hotstint laps in the past few weeks and simply expected more out of the race. Qualy could have been better, but it is always a lottery if you get it together in the right moment. For the race, I certainly didn't expect to be that far out of pace in the race in the latter half, as I did full repairs on my car. Perhaps it was also due to perspective, as I was competely alone on track and dead last.

Don't get me wrong, I am willing to pick up the fight for every position in this tier, even if it should be mostly at the bottom end. What I'd prefer to avoid is to be a rolling chicane for the rest of the guys in the course of the races, if it should become more and more evident that I'm too slow for tier 3.

My pace for the Hungaroring atm is 1.45.3 empty and around 1.46.6 with full fuel load. I'll do at least one if not both practise races if you should need further data to re-evaluate.

• Informative
  • Clever
Reactions: LiboCZ and Millsy