PC - ACC GT3 Season 4 - Tier 4 - Race 1 - Nürburgring [02/06/2020 7:30pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 4 - Tier 4 - Race 1 - Nürburgring [02/06/2020 7:30pm UK]

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Nürburgring isnt made for 40+ cars doing a formation lap. But besides that, it also makes for a great turn 1 crash. I know that I never perform in the first race off any season but im sure I made it to turn 1 in those. The picture explains itself. Still had fun nontheless. @Welchy10 hope to see you in my mirrors next time xD.

View attachment 112808

EDIT: No I am not turning for the corner. There was only one way I could go, and that was straight.
haha I streamed the race and I said online, when you came up to the back of me "This could be a very long 16 minutes folks". Not quite sure how I kept you behind me, couple of moments where I had to go ultra defensive and just about kept in front of you. Everytime you made a slight error and gave me some breathing room, I then made a slight error and back you came haha. Good fun though, clean racing.

The same however cannot be said for that carnage on T1. In fact im not calling it T1 as we didnt even make the first dam corner. I watched the replay back, It all started way further up the field and cascaded back. The issue wasn't the way in which it started, its how incredibly stupid people where, trying to full throttle their way through the carnage. I got hit at least 5 or 6 times by various cars. I had slowed to avoid and got battered. Like @MisterJasper in the picture, I too had to drive at a very weird angle back to the pits. Take into account the 1 minute at least travel time to the pits, the 2 minute 10 second pit stop, it was effectively race over.

Glad I didnt quit out and at least had a bit of fun but that the vast majority of that was totally avoidable. If your near the back of the grid, you have to be prepared to brake early in case of incidents. Get through first few corners then start to make moves.

MisterJasper

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 17, 2018
haha I streamed the race and I said online, when you came up to the back of me "This could be a very long 16 minutes folks". Not quite sure how I kept you behind me, couple of moments where I had to go ultra defensive and just about kept in front of you. Everytime you made a slight error and gave me some breathing room, I then made a slight error and back you came haha. Good fun though, clean racing.

The same however cannot be said for that carnage on T1. In fact im not calling it T1 as we didnt even make the first dam corner. I watched the replay back, It all started way further up the field and cascaded back. The issue wasn't the way in which it started, its how incredibly stupid people where, trying to full throttle their way through the carnage. I got hit at least 5 or 6 times by various cars. I had slowed to avoid and got battered. Like @MisterJasper in the picture, I too had to drive at a very weird angle back to the pits. Take into account the 1 minute at least travel time to the pits, the 2 minute 10 second pit stop, it was effectively race over.

Glad I didnt quit out and at least had a bit of fun but that the vast majority of that was totally avoidable. If your near the back of the grid, you have to be prepared to brake early in case of incidents. Get through first few corners then start to make moves.
If are you fine with it, could you share your stream with me?

Rgm12345

S19 AOR PC F6 Champion
Jul 26, 2019
So unlike alot of people I had a clean race Mostly because I qualified p2 but good launch and took p1 into t1 and just lead from there,

I pitted around the 25ish minute mark and somehow did a 54.4 in the process almost fully equalling my quali time, but all in all this has to be one of the most tense races i've ever done, but I cant say anything about the lap one incident so i cant say anything, but i would like to say that @mike66187 you are mentally fast in that audi boi, but in the end the Aldi Bentley took the win in the end.

Also sorry if this sounds so cockful of myself

VOD: Also if i say anything It isnt ever directed at you, im just salty and that in the momenyt

• Scared
Reactions: GIXXERosg

NeekraY

Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2019
Had a decent race, the fight at the end with Gang was a lot of fun (is that you @NeekraY)
Was hit and had damage after about 10 minutes. Pitted and tyres were completely dead at the end.

Shame about the carnage before T1, I have no idea how I managed to avoid that
It was a good race. Sorry that i turned tou went a bit deep and coudlnt save it sorry. And no im not Gang. Im Doležal.

Last edited:

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
It was a good race. Sorry that i turned tou went a bit deep and coudlnt save it sorry. And no im not Gang. Im Doležal.
Ah, ok.
No worries, thanks for the apologies.
It was a good fight too :)

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017
Well last night it was not a pleasant satisfaction to run this race, since at the start before arriving at turn 1 there were already 3 cars spinning in front of me, produced by some unconscious drivers who turn right and left without looking if there is another car in That area, when braking so as not to collide with those injured, they hit me from behind, causing me to spin to the right, causing damage to the car, I was in position 14, and they relegated me to 31 after passing the box and having 35 seconds of repairs plus the 30 tire change regulations.
If this happens again in the next race and there is not a bit of respect and we stop earlier to avoid bowling with the other riders, I automatically stop running this tournament as it will not be a very good experience for me, since that one strives to classify well so that a sheep arrives and ruins the race for not knowing how to drive properly.
I hope the organization takes action on the matter and sanctions all those kamikaces pilots.

Last edited:

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
So unlike alot of people I had a clean race Mostly because I qualified p2 but good launch and took p1 into t1 and just lead from there,

I pitted around the 25ish minute mark and somehow did a 54.4 in the process almost fully equalling my quali time, but all in all this has to be one of the most tense races i've ever done, but I cant say anything about the lap one incident so i cant say anything, but i would like to say that @mike66187 you are mentally fast in that audi boi, but in the end the Aldi Bentley took the win in the end.

Also sorry if this sounds so cockful of myself

VOD: Also if i say anything It isnt ever directed at you, im just salty and that in the momenyt
Good win man, I screwed up t1 so bad pretty much lost the race right there. I tried to do an overcut and it felt like i pretty much nailed every lap between your pitstop and my pitstop but i guess the fresher tires do make that much of a difference. A nice learning experience for me coming from iracing. I do need to put more time in acc outside plain driving the car. I have much to learn haha.

BDG_Geo

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Yeh last nites start was horrible and very reminiscent of an online lobby.i didnt really sign up this season for this to be happening.why didnt we get a restart or is this not happening this season?
I thot the blue flags again wer very aggressive and i think three times i stopped to let a blue flag pass me for fear i was going to get punted.
Well..again i didnt sign up for this kind of racing.i hope it gets better as im slow anyway but to think this carnage happening again isnt very nice.and the calender this season has all the tight tracks and germany was one of the more open ones lol..hope this improves guys :(

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
LOL fella. I had a look at where I let you past. "GET THE **** OUT THE WAY!!" Easy there my dude, I let you past, ample room, didn't hold you back. You'll give yourself a heart attack man :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Rgm12345

S19 AOR PC F6 Champion
Jul 26, 2019
LOL fella. I had a look at where I let you past. "GET THE **** OUT THE WAY!!" Easy there my dude, I let you past, ample room, didn't hold you back. You'll give yourself a heart attack man :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Sorry about that, i've had many bad experiences in the past :ROFLMAO:

• Funny
Reactions: tRIP..

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Haha, that comment made me curious to me.
I know I have to lift :p
And I will not hold up the Audi :D (that would be good tactics for you tho :p)

• Funny
  • Happy
Reactions: tRIP.. and Rgm12345

Elfriede1951

Semi-Pro Karter
May 14, 2020
So, after calming down for a while and looking aside from the embaressment, I would like to apologise for the mess in Lap 1.
I purely forgot to put the ECU-Map back to 1 before the green lights and was super slow from the start. The carnage started there - got overtaken by several cars and at the end hit in the rear by an audi, which led to a really bad chain reaction.
I'm really sorry for all the drivers who were affected by that. As mentioned in the steward panel I did not post anything directly after the race because I was mad as hell at myself and the situation in general to a point where everything I would have wrote would have been some stupid sh*t.

Again, I am really sorry for what happend at lap 1 and promise to stay in ECU-Map 1 for the formation lap from now on.
I hope everyone can accept my apologies. If not, feel free to contact me here or on discord, so we can sort things out.

I would be happy to see everyone else in the coming rounds and have some nice fights - which I already had in yesterdays race if you look aside from the first 5-10 minutes!

aerosmudge

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
May 20, 2016
I'd just like to say a couple of things from an old semi-exerienced AOR racer.

1. Last night was by far the worst start crash I have been involved in since being in AOR. So any new guys here please don't be put off, that is not the norm and I reckon will be the worst pile up we have this year (famous last words...)
2. Can you guys refrain from text chatting in game please. It is in the rules but I think the ones doing it probably haven't read much of that or even been on the forum much. Just because you are in the pits getting 5 mins of repairs doesn't mean we are all ready to have a natter or want to play COD
3. I was one of the guys near the back who although I took every precaution still ended up in the mayhem at the start. Believe me it isn't just a case of saying "drive slower", that has come back to bite me on the arse in the past too, you can actually be too careful. I had nowhere to go so was praying a gap opened up but it didn't.
4. As already mentioned I had some great battles with @tRIP.. and @Cravgar so enjoyed the race nonetheless. I was also pleased and surprised to see most people made the end and didn't quit, as a wise man once said "points points points", they all count at the end (well, except the dropped score)

Reactions: Mr_Mountain

MisterJasper

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 17, 2018
I'd just like to say a couple of things from an old semi-exerienced AOR racer.

1. Last night was by far the worst start crash I have been involved in since being in AOR. So any new guys here please don't be put off, that is not the norm and I reckon will be the worst pile up we have this year (famous last words...)
2. Can you guys refrain from text chatting in game please. It is in the rules but I think the ones doing it probably haven't read much of that or even been on the forum much. Just because you are in the pits getting 5 mins of repairs doesn't mean we are all ready to have a natter or want to play COD
3. I was one of the guys near the back who although I took every precaution still ended up in the mayhem at the start. Believe me it isn't just a case of saying "drive slower", that has come back to bite me on the arse in the past too, you can actually be too careful. I had nowhere to go so was praying a gap opened up but it didn't.
4. As already mentioned I had some great battles with @tRIP.. and @Cravgar so enjoyed the race nonetheless. I was also pleased and surprised to see most people made the end and didn't quit, as a wise man once said "points points points", they all count at the end (well, except the dropped score)
And if you need more “confirmation” you can join the 2 practice races on sunday and monday. There are always 25+ cars in those lobby’s. I actually do recommend it to all of you. I learn the most in those races.