PC - ACC GT3 Season 4 - Tier 7 - Race 1 - Nürburgring [02/06/2020 7:30pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 4 - Tier 7 - Race 1 - Nürburgring [02/06/2020 7:30pm UK]

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
Race banner Nurburgring v3.png

The Nürburgring is a 150,000 person capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nüburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984 and a much longer Nordschleife which was built in the 1920s. The Grand Prix race track has a length of 5.148 km (3.199 mi).

● League Coordinators: @morphee7

Event Information:
Date: 02/06/2020
Pre-Race Briefing: 7:20pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 7:30pm (UK time) / Server: ApexOnlineRacing.com #7 | AOR Season 4 - Tier 7
Qualifying length: 15 minutes
Race length: 60 minutes

AOR league rules apply (click)

Weather Conditions:

Sunny icon.png
90% chance of dry weather

Light rain icon.png
10% chance of light rain

transitioning drylightrain icon.png
10% chance of changing weather conditions (dry <=> light rain)

● In-game time-of-day information:

• Qualifying - Weekend Day 2 - 15:00
  • Race - Weekend Day 3 - 14:00
● Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit stop during the race
  • Tire change mandatory
  • Refueling not allowed
● Server settings:

{
"track": "nurburgring_2019",
"eventType": "E_6h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 240,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 150,
"postQualySeconds": 30,
"postRaceSeconds": 180,
"ambientTemp": 20,
"trackTemp": 23,
"cloudLevel": 0.3,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 1,
"simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 120
},
{
"hourOfDay": 15,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

Confirmed no-shows:
@Zaradene
-

Last edited:

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
guys just a little reminder to you all and that is to test that you can get in the server and to do it as soon as possable so we can fix it if there is a problem otherwise if you leave it until the last minute and it wont be able to be fixed as the magical server guys will be too busy sorting there own race and all the guys in here wont be happy if we have to delay the start with having to restart the server :)

NynS

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Likewise.

Hello guys, looking forward to nice battles!

Domi64S

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 18, 2019
guys just a little reminder to you all and that is to test that you can get in the server and to do it as soon as possable so we can fix it if there is a problem otherwise if you leave it until the last minute and it wont be able to be fixed as the magical server guys will be too busy sorting there own race and all the guys in here wont be happy if we have to delay the start with having to restart the server :)
Able to see the server by where can I find the password?

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
the password is tierseven @Domi64S sorry i thought people saw it on the discord info channel

also could you check you have the correct car as i know it seems unrealistic but the server gods may by random slip of the universe make a mistake

Steve Allan

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 12, 2019
First off, great to be racing again, even if my inclusion of the race was pretty last minute.

Anyway, I had a good qualifying for me, 2 seconds off P1 so that wasn't too bad. And the start of the race was always going to be "Fun" but I didn't expect the absolute carnage that was T3. Anyway, I actually felt like I had good pace and I was collected by someone (going to look at the replay in the morning to make sure I know who it was) and for the first 30 odd minutes, I felt that I was having a great race and some good battles (mostly with Legrand). However (and this is constructive criticism) I think some people need to really work on their re-enter to the track because some of them were scary af.

However once the Pits was done, I had a very familiar friend show it's ugly face and that was the ping and I did have a couple of accidents with a couple of drivers and I can only 100% apologise for that (and if they are sent to the stewards, I will not argue the point and take the punishment as required) because I've experienced it in other sims (which might sound like a phone-related product).

But that was fun as hell and cannot wait to race with you all again

• Agree
Reactions: NynS

NynS

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Quite a bad qualifying for me. My first lap following in @EdwardC 's slipstream was very well and after that I couldn't get any more free laps. (Hope I didn't pressure you Edward!) I was close to one, but then ended up right behind a guy in sector 3 while I dropped a 3.5s gap. Think I might've gotten 3 or 4 more tenths than would have given me a position or four. The guy who did a 1.55, what are you doing in tier 7? Really :D. Still, P13 is quite well compared to last season.

Had a mildly good and safe start and found myself in p7 right behind Wilson and Martin. Martin made a mistake and I passed him on the way to the chicane. Slightly mistinterpreted Wilson's speed and mildly tapped his rear, he lost 5 spots, so I waited for him and went on. Passed some guys, some others crashed, had a nice fight with @duce and Wilson in the process and decided to pit. Some aliens were working on Wilson's car because he ended up 4s in front of me. :D. Had some fun chasing him down until he unfortunately made a mistake. Then tried to chase P3 and P4 but when they were doing 1.57s I was doing 1.58s and vice versa through traffic. Wouldn't have gotten them anyway.

Actually had a very nice race for once, since my S3 races all had troubles, some my fault some not my fault during the races. This was the first one everything went well! :D

Steve Allan

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 12, 2019
Also, I like to add unlike last season in T5 where I couldn't get my head around the Aston Martin, I don't know if it was the track or maybe the few weeks running the same car on Rfactor 2 has made me more intuned with the car, but it felt planted as hell and I could at some points during the race really push when I needed to.

John Pecchia

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 25, 2018
The first lap mayhem must be addressed. Race ruined before the completion of opening lap. Hungaroring can only be better.

• Agree
Reactions: NynS

sixspeed

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2020
Just wanted to post to say thanks for a great first race. The 19:30 starts are a struggle with work and a young family so I'm just about managing to get online for briefing/qualifying. Only managed one lap warm-up/qually tonight so started P23 but capitalised on the carnage at the start and found my way through the field without coming a cropper and emerged somewhere around P11 by L2. Had some great battles, one unfortunate punt somewhere mid-race into T1 (but recovered and was let back onto the track), and finally finished P7 which was extremely happy about. Had put a few hours in over the weekend where I could, learning the track and trying to setup the car (what a minefield!)

I want to apologise to the 76 Bentley. We had a battle in the closing laps and I ended up also giving a small tap in the braking zone into T1, but thankfully didn't damage or unsettle you from what I could tell. Gave the position back in T2 so hopefully no harm done.

Really looking forward to Race 2! See you all again soon in Hungaroring.

Last edited:

saxondale76

Pro Karter
May 12, 2020
Hey All, my goal was to try to finish in the top 10, so just behind sixspeed above isn't a bad result. My second goal was not to make any stupid mistakes and not get involved in needless battles which would ultimately cost time, so defended where I needed to and just let the faster chaps through (and some spun on the next bend, hehe). So for the first race a good result!
I think it help having raced in the GTSRL series a year ago (on GTS) but the experience from that certainly helped. I made up a bunch of positions at the first turn as drivers tentatively took the corner slowly so that helped stay out of a lot of trouble.
@sixspeed - It was nothing mate, I saw you coming and braced myself but all good from my point of view, I flashed you just to say no problem'o! The Bentley was struggling at the end or it was my nerves but on the last turn of the final lap I had a drag race with a Lexus and the B made it!!

uploaded my race to the utubes:
Hungaroring next, some technical turns o_O and easy spin-outs need to be avoided :unsure:, cheers all for a good evenings racing!

It would be interesting to hear what wheels people are using in T7, I have a G29 and waiting for the truebrake mod to arrive hoping it will help with braking.

Reactions: sixspeed

sixspeed

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2020
Hey @saxondale76 , thanks for a great battle. Just watched your replay, and seems I did cause some damage so I do apologise. Will try and keep more space next time.

You looked nice and consistent, that Bentley sounds great too!

My race is on Twitch for a few days, so will share below in case it's of any interest.

NynS

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2019
It would be interesting to hear what wheels people are using in T7, I have a G29 and waiting for the truebrake mod to arrive hoping it will help with braking.
G29 vanilla here, using very direct steering in the setup (17, max) for my McLaren. 'fixed' my braking by putting the brakes on the minimum of 60% input in the controls.

Also, the thumbnail of your youtube video reminds me of the only contact I had this race :D. Poor @Kieron Wilson was hit by a few others later in the race as well :(

Reactions: Kieron Wilson

Steve Allan

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 12, 2019
Thrustmaster TMX with T3PA peddles and a fairly stiff break mod

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018

good morning everyone, well i dont know where to start here but lets start with the formation lap, i have a feeling that alot of you have not used the onr lap formation with the widget before because at the back when it reached the point when you are ment to accelerate none of you did and also the cars go ghosted so there is no chance of you hitting anyone so when people realised that it was a very late dash and it caused confusion and many got drive throughs including me because cars were inside each other.

second point the first lap carnage, unfortunatly for me i had @Steve Allan infront of me and was lagging back and forth on the green flag so had a couple of lag punts with him which gave me my first damage then came turn 3 now i have to say it seemed most were aware of the incident but dome were not as i came to a stop as a car was stationary in front of me but someone behind me couldnt stop in time then this is were rthe chaos with people trying to swerve other cars and hitting other and pushing people off, but that wasnt enough,
REJOINS!!!! on this incident there was people pushing people out the way and also not paying attention to the oncoming traffic as someone hit someone else into me and gave me more damage and tbh this sort of racecraft is definatly not acceptable, the proper procedure is if you go off track you wait until it is clear until you try to rejoin,

after all that i ened up with 30 seconds of repair time plus a DT without even finishing 1 lap of a 60 minute race 60 MINUTE RACE PEOPLE!! no one can win a race before even 1 lap has been completed so bare that in mind people but as i said after the race expect people putting in stewards enquiries as some of the racecraft during the race was questionable with people coming to a virtual stop on the racing line for some reason at fast sections of the track,

All i can say is i hope you learn from this and it all stops for round 2