PC - ACC GT3 Season 4 - Tier 7 - Race 5 - Spa-Francorchamps [07/07/2020 7:30pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 4 - Tier 7 - Race 5 - Spa-Francorchamps [07/07/2020 7:30pm UK]

NynS

F1 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Game crashed in the warmup lap so had to start one lap down from the pit lane. got some good practice for spa next season at least
nooo :(
Jesus, of all the guys that it could happen to it happens to you as championship leader :( :(

NynS

F1 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Holy **** my heartbeat is still 150. What a race.

Had a perfect quali lap that I'll never be able to repeat and the gap was more than it should've normally been. Had a very bad start from the lead, guess that happens if you never get front row and take it very easy. Lost three positions and ended up in P4. Garin misjudged Pouhon and I could hunt Heis and Wilson who drove away 5 seconds. Heis slowly fell back and I managed to get past without any time loss to hunt for Wilson.

And hunting it became. We were very close and fought closely until I couldn't go on with my fuel load and had to pit with 40 minutes to go. My team spent about 5 seconds getting me in the right position while I stood very well, so it felt a bit like the the clowns on the ferrari pit wall

1594159293578.png

Not as bad as last season's tho, when they refused to service me because I was 3cm too far forward.

After 30 years in the pits I drove two laps and heated my tyres again, and Wilson came out of the pits on about the same distance as I was behind him when I started the pits. Knowing he had cold tyres, I knew that if I were to make a move, I should do it either that or the next lap. Had a run out of Paul Frère and positioned myself on the outside of Blanchimont. Stayed on the outside of Blanchimont and got to the inside of the busstop. And then it was the stuff from before the pit stops, but then reversed.

I got to 2.5 seconds ahead of Wilson with my feet on the throttle pedal as pressured as never before and lapped some people. And then disaster struck for @Kieron Wilson unfortunately with a 4th cut track, giving him a drive through and demoting him to 8th. I had two at the time, but when I got my 3rd I put TC high, engine mode two and got scared of any corner. Bah in P2 made up about 11 seconds in the last two laps. But my first ACC AOR win, it feels great!

It's gonna be a one-off though, I love Spa and had much time to practise - that's gonna be different for the remaining races.

Will post my race asap, YT is slow.

Last edited:

Kieron Wilson

Pro Karter
Apr 9, 2020
Holy **** my heartbeat is still 150. What a race.

Had a perfect quali lap that I'll never be able to repeat and the gap was more than it should've normally been. Had a very bad start from the lead, guess that happens if you never get front row and take it very easy. Lost three positions and ended up in P4. Garin misjudged Pouhon and I could hunt Heis and Wilson who drove away 5 seconds. Heis slowly fell back and I managed to get past without any time loss to hunt for Wilson.

And hunting it became. We were very close and fought closely until I couldn't go on with my fuel load and had to pit with 40 minutes to go. My team spent about 5 seconds getting me in the right position while I stood very well, so it felt a bit like the the clowns on the ferrari pit wall

View attachment 113799

Not as bad as last season's tho, when they refused to service me because I was 3cm too far forward.

After 30 years in the pits I drove two laps and heated my tyres again, and Wilson came out of the pits on about the same distance as I was behind him when I started the pits. Knowing he had cold tyres, I knew that if I were to make a move, I should do it either that or the next lap. Had a run out of Paul Frère and positioned myself on the outside of Blanchimont. Stayed on the outside of Blanchimont and got to the inside of the busstop. And then it was the stuff from before the pit stops, but then reversed.

I got to 2.5 seconds ahead of Wilson with my feet on the throttle pedal as pressured as never before and lapped some people. And then disaster struck for @Kieron Wilson unfortunately with a 4th cut track, giving him a drive through and demoting him to 8th. I had two at the time, but when I got my 3rd I put TC high, engine mode two and got scared of any corner. Bah in P2 made up about 11 seconds in the last two laps. But my first ACC AOR win, it feels great!

It's gonna be a one-off though, I love Spa and had much time to practise - that's gonna be different for the remaining races.

Will post my race asap, YT is slow.
Congrats mate fantastic race you have this title u have my full support hope you get it. Would also like to add how clean the racing was side by side and no contact really got the heart pumping

m0rpheus1975

Formula Karter
Jul 19, 2019
i had a brilliant race, not the best first couple of laps. lap 1, Daly was a bit out of position on starting and got a bit of a tap on my left which pushed me into Legrand and we both lost time and had some damage!!!
then on lap 2 i spun and lost more time.
but after that for most of the race kept consistent and mistake free until about 15mins from end, where i got upto P11, but then spun.
Steve Allan and M.Duchs got past me again and i was able to catch Steve Allan, and overtake him as he was struggling but i couldnt pass M.Duchs

But P12 finish which ismy best so far and good racingt to boot!!
Onwards and hopfully upwards.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
well the moment when you have a safe race until the last lap and you think you bottle it

and if anyone wants to watch the full race

Reactions: NynS

Stephen Beswick

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2020
Hello all,

Full race from my perspective:

Edited highlights with commentary:

Apols to all whose names I have mangled....

Please like in YouTube if you enjoy the vids :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Kinder

saxondale76

Formula Karter
May 12, 2020

I realize I've not written a report of the SPA race yet but mainly as the above video clip shows from the first 15 seconds of the race I was done.

Still that's racing and we all have to learn but I didn't give up and kept the motor going, up the hill I was only just getting to 150 Mph, 10 Mph down might not sound much but I wasn't able to make much progress in that condition. I pitted after suffering for the first 25 minutes. I could see the leaders catching so thought best to go in early (was going to pit @45 minutes) and let them past and not slow me down. I came out a lap down on a small bunch ahead of me, Crawford was only old tyres and looked to have damage and with my B fixed and with new boots I looked to overtake on the back straight. Either C didn't see me or there was network lag, next thing he came across me and slammed into the wall as I did. I tried the damage out for one lap but again up the hill I was only hitting 150 so next lap pitted to fix the damage only. At the last second I realized that my pit crew still had fuel programmed but I managed to zeroize the counter before stopping!

After that I was doing 160, 1.22-1.23 in clean air so who knows what might have happened if the first 15 seconds had been slightly different?

See you all at the next one.

wRECKz

Semi-Pro Karter
May 13, 2020
i had a brilliant race, not the best first couple of laps. lap 1, Daly was a bit out of position on starting and got a bit of a tap on my left which pushed me into Legrand and we both lost time and had some damage!!!
then on lap 2 i spun and lost more time.
but after that for most of the race kept consistent and mistake free until about 15mins from end, where i got upto P11, but then spun.
Steve Allan and M.Duchs got past me again and i was able to catch Steve Allan, and overtake him as he was struggling but i couldnt pass M.Duchs

But P12 finish which ismy best so far and good racingt to boot!!
Onwards and hopfully upwards.

I saw you couldn’t do much to avoid me and I only had light damage so I only lost some time.
I just didn’t have the pace this weekend, congrats for your race.

Reactions: m0rpheus1975