Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Apeldoorn, Netherlands
1600973700245.png

Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (from Khaya lami, My home in Zulu) is a motor racing circuit located in Midrand, Gauteng province, South Africa. The circuit has been used for Grand Prix and Formula One races and has hosted the South African Grand Prix many times.

● League Coordinators: @Borderline

Event Information:

Date: 29/09/2020
Pre-Race Briefing: 7:20pm (UK time)
Event starts: 7:30pm (UK time) / Server: ApexOnlineRacing.com #6 | AOR Season 5 - Tier 6
Qualifying length: 15 minutes
Race length: 90 minutes
Server password: tiersix

AOR league rules apply (click)

Weather Conditions:
  • 0% dry
  • 100% light rain
  • 0% changing weather conditions - both dry and rain in a session

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • Qualifying - Weekend Day 2 - 14:00pm
  • Race - Weekend Day 3 - 13:00pm
● Server settings:
{
"track": "kyalami_2019",
"eventType": "E_6h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 240,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 200,
"postQualySeconds": 30,
"postRaceSeconds": 180,
"ambientTemp": 15,
"trackTemp": 15,
"cloudLevel": 0.5,
"rain": 0.2,
"weatherRandomness": 0,
"simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 13,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 90
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 13,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 90
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}
● Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit stop during the race
  • What drivers do during their pit stop, is up to the drivers
● Confirmed no-shows:
@PatrikSK
@Daniel Monteiro
@ZaneFast
@rockyzzzz
@Rado
@Gav88888

● Unconfirmed no-shows:

@Sam Penfold

● Which reserves can drive?:
@Baptista1590 (y)
@Gurken Koenig (y)

Thumbs up means a guaranteed seat. Thumb down means you can only drive if there are unconfirmed no-shows. So please be online if you still want to drive.
This list will be updated whenever I get new information about someone's absence. So please check regularly.

Last edited:

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Apeldoorn, Netherlands
With all the inquiries of last race closed, the following penalties will be applied during the formation of the grid in Zolder:

Drive-through:
@Raoualf21731

30s Stop-Go:
@Gildo8
@uros76

Last race I forgot to apply the penalties of @Gildo8 and @uros76 . My sincere apologies for that. Procedure for that is to apply them for the next race, which in this case might even be better as you have more time to make up for the time lost.

If the formation lap is about to start and I almost forget them again, please send me a reminder either through ingame chat or voice chat on Discord.

The drivers are reminded that the following penalties will be applied when they exceed the next threshold:
15 licence points: Drive-through
25 licence points: 30s Stop-Go
40 licence points: Race Ban
50 licence points: League sign-up under review, most likely resulting in a blacklist entry.

Also, when a driver drives a clean race, 5 licence points will be removed from the licence.
To see how many licence points you have, please look at the Championship overview in the results.

• Sad
Reactions: Raoualf21731

Raoualf21731

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2020
France
With all the inquiries of last race closed, the following penalties will be applied during the formation of the grid in Zolder:

Drive-through:
@Raoualf21731

30s Stop-Go:
@Gildo8
@uros76

Last race I forgot to apply the penalties of @Gildo8 and @uros76 . My sincere apologies for that. Procedure for that is to apply them for the next race, which in this case might even be better as you have more time to make up for the time lost.

If the formation lap is about to start and I almost forget them again, please send me a reminder either through ingame chat or voice chat on Discord.

The drivers are reminded that the following penalties will be applied when they exceed the next threshold:
15 licence points: Drive-through
25 licence points: 30s Stop-Go
40 licence points: Race Ban
50 licence points: League sign-up under review, most likely resulting in a blacklist entry.

Also, when a driver drives a clean race, 5 licence points will be removed from the licence.
To see how many licence points you have, please look at the Championship overview in the results.

No idea how it works, never had a penalty and a DT. Is it to be served at the end of the formation lap? Do I need to stop and go? Or just to drive straight to the exit?

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Apeldoorn, Netherlands
No idea how it works, never had a penalty and a DT. Is it to be served at the end of the formation lap? Do I need to stop and go? Or just to drive straight to the exit?

The pit will not open until some time after the lights have gone green, so you cannot go into the pits to serve the penalty right at the end of the formation lap. This means you have to drive at least one full lap until you enter the pit lane. As your penalty is not a stop-go but a drive-through, you literally have to drive through the pit lane without stopping at your pit crew.

I hope this answers your question.

Reactions: uros76

Raoualf21731

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2020
France
The pit will not open until some time after the lights have gone green, so you cannot go into the pits to serve the penalty right at the end of the formation lap. This means you have to drive at least one full lap until you enter the pit lane. As your penalty is not a stop-go but a drive-through, you literally have to drive through the pit lane without stopping at your pit crew.

I hope this answers your question.
It does, copy that, thanks.

Raoualf21731

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2020
France
I've had the very opposite of fun since the beginning of the season.

After it's been said that it was all my fault last week, I did a solid but somewhat useless pole position.

Still interesting though to get a bit of speed in the first 3 laps.

Came out of the pits P18.

I was obviously quite faster than other cars in the field. Lexus was amazing this week like in Zolder. Not surprising that I did a podium in the last practice race and a P4 or P5 on Sunday with the wrong tyres.

Some didn't defend too much, understanding the situation and applying a smart racing strategy. Doesn't mean that they let me pass through, just they wanted to keep their pace and tyres against their opponents so they didn't closed the door at the end.

Went back to P7 after only 30 minutes, despite surviving two guys doing the opposite: no racing intelligence at all, closing all the doors and ending up themselves in the walls while looking in their mirrors.

The last slide in front of me was deadly, no way I could avoid that.

It's really beyond me why you'd put your own race and others at risk this way just for keeping a position, still losing 1 or 2 seconds a lap by staying on the inside lines everywhere.

After that, I stalled, dropped to P24 and went for 30' of repairs but set the wrong strategy and got out with dry tyres. Race over.

I'm exhausted, even personally, with how this season goes. I simply can't believe everything went so wrong to that extend.

I don't know about what's next for me, I'll have a think. I want to focus on endurance, that's for sure but I don't know about these kinds of wreckfests. It's so sad because many drivers here are just amazing guys.

See you on track at some point anyway

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Daniel Monteiro

aerosmudge

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
May 20, 2016
Well firstly I would like to say that I thought the first few laps were very civilised, I didn't see any pile-ups, everyone was giving each other room so hats off, that was a plus compared to last week.

I had a couple of incidents, firstly with @Kero , apologies mate, I didn't expect you to go up the inside there tbh.

Secondly with @iOgus , again, I went one way, then the other but both times you defended. I didn't mean to hit you obviously so sorry about that.

If you guys want to report them I understand no problem! I'm D. Smith btw

Kero

Junior Karter
Aug 25, 2020
England
I had a couple of incidents, firstly with @Kero , apologies mate, I didn't expect you to go up the inside there tbh.

No problem, it was mostly my fault anyway. I saw the gap open up but didn't quite have the grip to stick to the inside like I wanted to.

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
London
@Borderline, you have me as an unconfirmed no show. I sent you a message on Discord on the 14th September to say I don't have the DLC tracks so I won't be attending those rounds.

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Apeldoorn, Netherlands
@Borderline, you have me as an unconfirmed no show. I sent you a message on Discord on the 14th September to say I don't have the DLC tracks so I won't be attending those rounds.
That actually is true. Sorry for that. Will change it. But I can almost guarantee you that I will forget it again in the future.

Could you help me out and message on the right race thread when it's a race you can't attend?

Chechum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2018
Spain
After two weeks, I've had some time to watch the race on Kyalami. That was one my best races ever, I didn't expect a p2 after p11 in qualy (p9 actually after DT and S&G for Aurelien and Gilding).

I managed to be consistent (my main and maybe unique virtue haha), patient (if I have a second virtue at racing, I guess it's that although on Zolder I hadn't shown it despite p8) and a bit fast to be able to overtake drivers.
Around minute 4:55 of my video, I got hit by a driver (I think it was @DRHans but I was happy and I didn't have much time to report that xD) and I thought that would be a disaster, but luckily the race was fantastic for me after that. There was a lot of action! That's why my video is a bit long (13 mins, the first 2 for the qualy lap).
Really satisfied withthis race, I hope I can be back to podium or close this season. Lexus on wet tracks seems to perform quite well!!
Have a nice weekend