morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
1600253711253.png

Built in 1963, Zolder hosted the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix on 10 separate occasions in the 1970s and 1980s, as well as the 1980 Belgian motorcycle Grand Prix. At this time, mainly the Blancpain Sprint Series and the BRCC national championship hosted a race in Zolder. The 24 Hours of Zolder endurance event is also held as a stand-alone event around the end of August or the beginning of September.

● League Coordinator: @morphee7

Event Information:
Date: 22/09/2020
Pre-Race Briefing: 7:20pm (UK time)
Event starts: 7:30pm (UK time) / Server: ApexOnlineRacing.com #8 | AOR Season 5 - Tier 8
Qualifying length: 15 minutes
Race length: 60 minutes

AOR league rules apply (click)

Weather Conditions:
  • 0% dry
  • 0% light rain
  • 100% medium rain
  • 0% changing weather conditions - both dry and rain in a session

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • Qualifying - Weekend Day 3 - 10:00am
  • Race - Weekend Day 3 - 11:00am
● Server settings:
{
"track": "zolder_2019",
"eventType": "E_6h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 240,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 200,
"postQualySeconds": 30,
"postRaceSeconds": 180,
"ambientTemp": 19,
"trackTemp": 19,
"cloudLevel": 0.4,
"rain": 0.5,
"weatherRandomness": 0,
"simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 10,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
},
{
"hourOfDay": 10,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 11,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}
● Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit stop during the race
  • Mandatory tyre change
  • Refueling is not allowed
● Confirmed no-shows:

Last edited:

Skinner

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
UK
I'm unfortunately going to be working Tuesday night, so gonna have to give this one a miss. It's my only Tuesday I'm scheduled for for the forseeable.

Best of luck everyone

• Informative
Reactions: morphee7

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england

Ok
After watching the replay of the start it has come to my attention that it seems like some of you didnt pay attention to the widget.

I know this was the first league race for some of you but this sort of start cant be acceptable in any league or public lobby to be honest,
There was i think 3 wide before the green flag had dropped and this should not happen if you pay attention to the widget, now i will give you a chance to correct this sort of start in the first race but it did ruin some peoples races and they should and will put enquiries in.

So please pay attention to the starting widget esspecially this week with the rain and if you go 3 wide into the first, second and probably third corner it will cause carnage.
I also noticed lag hits on that start so if you are lagging and are informed you have really bad lag you must leave the race.

Hopefully we will have a better race this week and remember be patient zolder is a hard track and with it being wet aswell will make it even more difficult

Ady Knotts

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2020
London UK
I still cant work out why I picked up a stop go penalty for the start. Black Porsche about 5th from the back...I was in formation. Oh well that's the way it goes I guess ;-)

no1else

Pro Karter
May 15, 2020
Russia
I still cant work out why I picked up a stop go penalty for the start. Black Porsche about 5th from the back...I was in formation. Oh well that's the way it goes I guess ;-)
You were out of your position. You must follow green zone on the widget, not the cars in front to not get a DT.

Billamy

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Greece
Guys, what's a good quali lap supposed to be? Best I've managed in hotlap is 1.37.2. I can't seem to go any faster in the wet :S

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
Guys, what's a good quali lap supposed to be? Best I've managed in hotlap is 1.37.2. I can't seem to go any faster in the wet :S
if your doing 37s in the wet in tier 8 your being bumped to tier 2 or 3

Reactions: EdwardC

Mr Ferret

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 27, 2020
England
I managed a low 1.39 in practice yesterday.
It's very tricky to string together more than 3 or 4 laps without making a mistake though.
I think safety and consistency is better than raw speed, nearly everyone will make a mistake and lose 10secs each time.

Billamy

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Greece
Okay so in hindsight, that lap was in hotlap mode where apaprently everything is in perfect condition. I joined an AOR prac server and I was slower :p

Mr Ferret

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 27, 2020
England
Just done a high 1.38 after adjusting tyre pressures, that really makes a difference, I'm sure I can go about 0.3s quicker at the very least.

Billamy

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Greece
Just done a high 1.38 after adjusting tyre pressures, that really makes a difference, I'm sure I can go about 0.3s quicker at the very least.
was that on aor? race fuel or quali fuel? Sorry, I just need somebody to compare myself with XD

saxondale76

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 12, 2020
United Kingdom

Ok
After watching the replay of the start it has come to my attention that it seems like some of you didnt pay attention to the widget.

I know this was the first league race for some of you but this sort of start cant be acceptable in any league or public lobby to be honest,
There was i think 3 wide before the green flag had dropped and this should not happen if you pay attention to the widget, now i will give you a chance to correct this sort of start in the first race but it did ruin some peoples races and they should and will put enquiries in.

So please pay attention to the starting widget esspecially this week with the rain and if you go 3 wide into the first, second and probably third corner it will cause carnage.
I also noticed lag hits on that start so if you are lagging and are informed you have really bad lag you must leave the race.

Hopefully we will have a better race this week and remember be patient zolder is a hard track and with it being wet aswell will make it even more difficult

Thanks for pointing this out Morphee, there I was minding my own business when out of nowhere $#$ BAM #$#

I didn't want to worry the stewards as it was the first race and all. Luckily I drive the Bentley as my race would have been over!!

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
All the stewards enquiries from last week have been decided and closed, so for the race tonight the following penalties will be applied:

@wRECKz has accumulated 15 penalty points on his AOR licence so will recieve a drive through at zolder which will have to be served within the first 3 racing laps

@Ady Knotts has accumulated 15 penalty points on his AOR licence so will recieve a drive through at zolder which will have to be served within the first 3 racing laps