Not open for further replies.

dopey401

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 30, 2018
Platform + League: PC Pro
League Coordinator: @Def @Shooter80 @AndrexUK
Members Involved: @Tobias Baumann @Elias

Description:
Baumann turned into Elias and caused a massive crash in turn 1. Light damage at the front for me.
2nd chicane speaks for itself
released the brake and crashed into me
Severe damage at the rear, so race was over.

Really pissed cause racing gets worse and worse here.

Evidence:

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Posting here since I was also involved in the incident and got my race ruined in the aftermath.

@Tobias Baumann is clearly at fault for the contact as he dives into the corner too aggressively. I manage to avoid the incident but got hit by @Migzorn who tries to do the same. @Migzorn does the right thing after and waits for me to pass.

As a result both me and @Migzorn get our races ruined and fall to the back of the field with damaged cars.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@dakuza This should really be on a new stewards enquiry, as the contact is not caused by the incident ahead of you, but rather the unsafe rejoin of the car following you.
However, on this occasion, we shall leave it hear and deal with it at the same time.

@Migzorn Can we have your view on the contact with @dakuza please?

Elias

Junior Karter
Oct 13, 2019
First of all, It's such a shame really that despite that I was tiptoeing and being overly cautious going through there with no intention but to make it safe through, yet that wasn't enough.

This is my POV from different angles showing that in Turn 2 the moment of the contact I had no where to go as I was hogging the inside kerb as much as I can giving the merc enough space in the outside, yet I was given zero space and no car length to go through there, which resulted in a contact and all the chaos afterwards. It's unfortunate since it could've been easily avoided with enough space given, and seeing some of the guys behind going 2 or even 3 wide into that turn with no problems at all.

after that my race till the pit window was compromised with a 15 sec worth of damage going slower 1-2 sec per lap.

Deepest apologies for those who had nothing to do with this and yet they picked up some severe damage and potentially ruied their race ( @dopey401 @LuckyW ). unfortunately after the contact I was baiscally a passanger and could've done nothing. Again deepest apologies for you guys (y)

• Friendly
Reactions: LuckyW and dopey401

Tobias Baumann

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 15, 2019
Terrible first lap for and from me. I apologize to everyone being involved and getting damage or lost positions there.

I don't know what happened in turn 1, I was probably so focussed on that Lambo in front of me that I just didn't see @Elias right beside me and wanted to go through the first chicane like theres no one on the inside. Watching the replay it's clear that I should have gone way wider through that second part. But I'm not sure if this incident should be punished that hard because it was surely not on purpose. Just a little unawareness in that chaos of Monza Turn 1. But correct me if I'm wrong.

After the quick recovery from the first chicane I was probably just a bit too motivated to gain back the lost positions as quickly as possible. So as I drove behind/beside @dopey401 i thought theres a little gap to overtake him. I don't know if Netcode may have affected my vision a little bit as in the race I thought I was beside @dopey401 while braking into the chicane. But I know this shouldn't be an apology for that incident.
But I want to make one thing clear. I was not releasing the brake to crash into you, like you said in your post. You can clearly see in the replay that I kept on braking till the contact was there. You probably didn't think I would go for it and turned into the corner normally so I hit you. But please don't misunderstand that, I don't want to blame you for that crash.

As written above I can just apologize to everyone being involved and hope that the penalty won't be too harsh.

Reactions: Elias

dopey401

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 30, 2018
Sorry if i did not make it clear in my post.

I know that it wasnt your intention to crash into me
I assume you released the brake a bit to go for a gap that wasnt there.

I saw you coming in my mirror and turned into the corner later than normal but i didnt expect you to overshoot that hard

Reactions: Tobias Baumann

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
Closing with:

30 second time penalty* + 20 penalty points for causing a major avoidable collision + failing to wait for @Tobias Baumann

10 second time penalty + 10 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision for @Tobias Baumann

10 second time penalty + 10 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision for @Migzorn

@Def @Shooter80 @AndrexUK @krop

• Informative
Reactions: Shooter80
Status
Not open for further replies.