Not open for further replies.

Robin P.

Pro Karter
Sep 30, 2019
Platform + League: PC, ACC Elite
League Coordinator: @Chloé
Date: 19.11.19
Members Involved: @D. Goelz, @Corentin.B & me
Description: Looks like Bergès spun Goelz around. I braked as hard as I could, but still hit Goelz though. Cost me many positions and a couple of extra seconds repair time on top of what was already a very large score. POV's of Bergès and Goelz might be useful here.

Evidence: Video shows my POV first and then an outside TV Cam perspective

Corentin.B

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2019
Well for me it's quite clear, i was alongside in the corner entry already, and @D. Goelz closed the door on me. You see i'm even slightly on the curb to avoid contact but it did unsettle my car just a little, enough to play with netcode and spun him.

Sadly no pov because that was at the beginning of the race

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: D. Goelz

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Well for me it's quite clear, i was alongside in the corner entry already, and @D. Goelz closed the door on me. You see i'm even slightly on the curb to avoid contact but it did unsettle my car just a little, enough to play with netcode and spun him.

Sadly no pov because that was at the beginning of the race
Tbh, you had maybe 1-2cm overlap at corner entry and could have easily waited for the straight towards Ascari to do a proper overtake. I had severe damage from getting crashed out by Axel this lap, but still no reason to just give my position away. With that move our both races were literally over and this just because you didn't wanted to wait 2 corners and had the slightest overlap into a corner were you can't really overtake if your opponent doesn't make a huge mistake in the chicane before that...

Can upload some more footage later, but as you can see in the video already I give space at corner entry, then the radar app and the spotter told me that my right side is clear so I adjust my trajectory a little bit. Probably at that moment Coretin touches the kerb, looses his inital line a line bit and then goes into my right rear bumper and spins me around.

Corentin.B

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2019
Tbh, you had maybe 1-2cm overlap at corner entry
1574433321308.png

1574433398420.png

1574433413638.png

You squeezed me more and more inside the corner while in the corner.
I had made my intention clear and yes i had a much better chicane exit than you did.
And my race wasn't over at all, as i said our car were too close for netcode but i didn't feel anything on my side and i didn't got any damage from this contact.
Plus i couldn't know you had damage and why should i wait when i managed to get alongside you before braking and more while braking ? You left room so why squeeze me then ?

Last edited:

Corentin.B

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2019
Probably at that moment Coretin touches the kerb, looses his inital line a line bit and then goes into my right rear bumper and spins me around.
1574433970877.png

Just before contact, you force me so much on the curb and yet i hold on, which choice do i have ? And i don't move ****, you just press me more and more till contact. Radar was clear that you were not clear. And no i didn't lose grip or anything, but i guess little movement of the car on the curb were too much for netcode.
I understand that you're pissed about Alex contact, but had you been little more careful you wouldn't have spun yourself on me.

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
View attachment 98467

Just before contact, you force me so much on the curb and yet i hold on, which choice do i have ? And i don't move ****, you just press me more and more till contact. Radar was clear that you were not clear. And no i didn't lose grip or anything, but i guess little movement of the car on the curb were too much for netcode.
I understand that you're pissed about Alex contact, but had you been little more careful you wouldn't have spun yourself on me.
Just watch the video.
You have almost no overlap when we arrive at the corner. I brake later, you are not aside me anymore, then you are pressing the throttle again, gaining speed and then turning into my rear.
Nothing to add, I think the footage I provided is quite clear.

Coretin did not wait for me afterwards!

Corentin.B

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2019
Play it normal speed, and interior view lol. (no slow speed allowed in evidence, have a look at the rules !)
For the throttle i was beginning to lose the rear because of weight transfer + curb and you can clearly see looking at the speed that i released throttle because it was becomming clear that you didn't give a **** that i was still inside.

And once again you came to me and touched me not the reverse.

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Moved to stewards

EDIT: While indeed, ideally all evidence should ideally be presented in 'real time' handilly youtube allows us to view the videos, with sound, at 2x speed, so we can at least undo the slow-mo with that.

If anyone would like to provide on-board footage, please do and I'll forward it to the stewards panel.

Corentin.B

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2019
Moved to stewards

EDIT: While indeed, ideally all evidence should ideally be presented in 'real time' handilly youtube allows us to view the videos, with sound, at 2x speed, so we can at least undo the slow-mo with that.

If anyone would like to provide on-board footage, please do and I'll forward it to the stewards panel.
I want real time onboard footage but i don't have the replay file nor time to produce it tonight :/

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Didn't know there are rules for posting POVs :)
Can provide more videos on sunday evening as I'm not at home at the weekend...

Chloe uploaded his replay in discord btw.

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Please look at my far away chase cam view, sadly I did not have time to make a video of that one...
The interior view distorts the position of the cars to much.

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Two more chase cam videos with activated HUD to see the driver inputs.
Especially when I look at my chase cam view there is literally no point why I should not have taken the inside line in Lesmo 1.
The run Corentin had was so little and I was much better on the brakes, so I were clearly ahead when we went to the apex, I could not anticipate that Corentin stomps on the throttle again.
Btw there is not one little sign in the chase cam video that Corentins rear gets light and oversteery so that he needs to tap the throttle again.

• Informative
Reactions: Shooter80
Status
Not open for further replies.