Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
Platform + League: PC - Pro-Am
League Coordinator: @xeonsky
Date: 22/10/2019
Members Involved:
A. Narley / SergioKillerLA
Description:
@A.Narley punt me very hard on the left rear. My car was totally undriveable after that. I loose 2 laps to understand i can pit at this point of the race (for the mandatory stop) and also lost 45s in the pit to repair. He did not stop to wait for me.

Narley

Pro Karter
Dec 30, 2018
Good morning Sergio and Andrex,

it seemed as per the manner in which cars were dispatching Sergio coming up to the chicane, he had damage and was actually getting out of the way of the traffic. I was completely taken by surprise when he closed up the corner, but only half, leaving me no option to go back on the outside.
i still saw a small gap, visible from my POV - maybe available for upload @SergioKillerLA ? but mostly did not expect him to come back to the right. once again, the car behavior whilst coming up to him indicated there was an issue - this is my take on the situation off course - and as he did not defend prior, i did not expect it to occur at that time, and actually felt as if he did not see me.

Wishing you a pleasant day.

Regards,

• Disagree
Reactions: SergioKillerLA

SergioKillerLA

Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
Hi,
First, my car was not damaged before the collision, I had just put 2 wheels in the gravel, which slowed down a bit (I also left room for 2 drivers faster than me). Then the accident was perfectly avoidable if @Narley had not kept his solo braking point

Narley

Pro Karter
Dec 30, 2018
HI Sergio,

the indication whether the incident was avoidable is clear, however, it all depends on the subjective pov.
as you can see on the below pictures taken from your footage, the cars being P5 - P4 were in a near identical situation, only difference being the outside driver leaving enough space for the other one.
in our situation, picture II, i am further alongside your car even before that point, still turning in towards the apex.
In my opinion, it is matter of leaving space to the other car, this also concerns me, as there was more space available on the right, however, i do not believe this would have impacted the situation as you closed the corner a few meters later as if i wasn't there.
Picture-I.jpg
Picture-II.jpg

Last edited:

SergioKillerLA

Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
Hi Narley,
It was not for me to leave you room, I'm in front and my movement was not dangerous. Even if my intention had been to defend my position (which is not the case, I am just trying to get back behind the person I let go), you would have had to slow down. Unlike the example you quote, the two front cars did not have 50km of speed difference before the braking point. You just arrived too fast.

• Agree
Reactions: PhoB1a and BadPitt

SergioKillerLA

Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
@AndrexUK, To clarify the description of the incident about my comment about my pitstop, I had to stop earlier to repair my car (become uncontrollable in the turns). I did not make another stop thinking that the 45s of repair would prevent me from going back there. The game did not ask me to stop at the halfway point. I would probably be disqualified :(

Narley

Pro Karter
Dec 30, 2018
Hi Sergio,

again, the surprise came as you were initially letting cars by resulting in a comprehension of damage on my part, also considering the speed you had at that point to then rejoin the racing line near the corner.

regards,

• Informative
Reactions: SergioKillerLA

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Sorry for the late notice, moved to the stewards.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
After reviewing the evidence, the stewards have issued the following penalty to @Narley

10 seconds penalty + 10 Penalty points for minor avoidable collision + failing to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.