SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
League Coordinator: @paleez
Date: 11/02/2020
Members Involved:
@Yorkie065 (M.York), @Samuel Ratz (S.Ratz) and @Bechir Andrei (A.Bechir)
Description:
Coming into the hairpin in the final sector of lap 2, @Bechir Andrei heavily outbrakes himself and takes to the inside of the cars infront. His speed carried through the braking zone lead him to overtake 2 or 3 cars before making contact with @Samuel Ratz, spinning him round and also tagging me in the process and giving me light damage. I was forced off the track and way out wide to avoid Samuel, dropping me from P24 down to P30 when I rejoined the track. Andrei does wait for Samuel to rejoin the track in front after the contact, but this incident impacted mine and Samuel's races'.
Evidence:
Live Onboard from my Livestream (Should be shared at the appropriate time stamp, but if not, time stamp is 36:44)

Additional Evidence with 3 clips in this video:
- 1st is chase cam from my perspective.
- 2nd is chase cam from Andrei's perspective.
- 3rd is chase cam from Samuel's perspective.

• Friendly
Reactions: Bechir Andrei

Bechir Andrei

Pro Karter
Jul 27, 2019
All in all, I'm deeply sorry for this thing that happened and its totally my fault! I'm ready to receive my penalty!
But before that I would like to express my point of view on this matter.
I had literally no intention on doing an overtake there, I was happy to sit behind that audi and follow him whenever he overtakes, since I saw that he was racing nicely and started to build trust on him after 1st lap.
On that particular corner in lap2 I lifted 50m or so before the braking zone just to give me enough space for the braking without risking a crash ( can be seen if HUD is enable, maybe I will a video when I get home from office). I was focused on my braking point and braked in the exact same spot I braked during the whole race... the problem was that the guys in front being bunched up braked a lot earlier ... I assure you that I could've make the corner easily if I didn't had to cut on the inside (making the distance shorter this way). I will put some video from a random lap to see that I braked in the same spot.
So, this is turning to be a long post :)) Just a recap! These words were just the explination of the event not trying to get myself excused, Its clear this happened because of me and I'm the only one at fault. But it wasn't an "outbraking-myself" type of incident, was a "should've expected they will brake earlier" type of incident.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yorkie065

Bechir Andrei

Pro Karter
Jul 27, 2019
Just got home and had time to do that "research" I was talking about...
Braking point in the incident: https://ibb.co/VH0cH6g
Braking point later in the race in a random lap: https://ibb.co/vHz4pvf
Video of how I did the corner braking in the same place.

So yea, my big mistake was that I didn't expect the pack to bunch so much and that I would need to brake so much earlier ... :(

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
  • Agree
Reactions: Bechir Andrei
Status