Closed - ACC T7-R1-Lap 2 -Spin, dangerous re-entry and failed to give back position. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Closed ACC T7-R1-Lap 2 -Spin, dangerous re-entry and failed to give back position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Allan

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 12, 2019
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 7, Round one Nurburgring
League Coordinator: @morphee7
Date:02/06/2020
Members Involved: Steve Allan and Cedric Thiriet (unsure of forum name but were driving in the 213 Porsche)
Description:

I'm writing this because, during lap two at the Valvoline/ford kurve, I was hit on the rear of my car by Thiriet as he came back onto the track dangerously and didn't give back the position as due to the rules for the league.

In the video evidence provided, I first showed off an example of myself taking these series of corners to show my racing line and also, speed if it was a green flag situation. At the point of the track where the contact in the race took place, I am normally aiming to clip the inside apex to then run towards the curb on the ford kurve. At this point, I'm arriving there between 65mph and drop down to 60mph.

However in the race on lap two, I was entering the complex of corners at my normal speed and broke as normal, however, I noted that there were two drivers off the track (Cedric and Mena Jimenez) So I slowed down even more to 57mph with the knowledge that either one or both drivers would rejoin the track at the right-hand side in a safe manner. However, I originally felt a hit on the right rear of the car and spun off into the gravel trap, and the saw Cedric pull off into the distance and didn't slow down/stop to allow myself to reclaim my place. At the time of the incident, I was running in P26 and due to the contact, I had dropped down to P28.

Upon reviewing the replay this morning, I had looked at the re-entry of Cedric, and I was shocked to see him drive completely in a straight line and back on the track, I would have thought that he would have returned to the track as Jimenez did in a safe manner.

Evidence:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards concluded that @ticlac88 caused a moderate avoidable collision with his unsafe rejoin.
@ticlac88 will receive a 10 points reduction on his race results and 10 penalty points on his AOR driver license

@ticlac88 @Steve Allan
@morphee7

Status
Not open for further replies.