PC - ACC Tier 1 - Silverstone | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC Tier 1 - Silverstone

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
Platform + League: PC + Elite
League Coordinator: @Chloé @paleez
Date: 10-12-2019
Members Involved: @goelz (don't know his forum name)
Description: Goelz lost it in the final corner. Instead of holding his brakes while he was not on the racing line, he pushes the throttle and move into the racing line. I can somewhat understand why he moved, because of the line I took... but he was behind me quite a while and I was taking that line almost every time, so he could've known I was gonna cut back to the apex.
Ended up with 17 seconds and lost 3 potential places.
Evidence:

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Hey Willem,
firstly I wanted to apologise yesterday after the race, but after I watched the replay to see exactly what happened you were not on the server anymore.

Terrible sorry for that incident. In that moment it looked like from cockpit perspective that I'm much more to the inside of track. Because I knew which line you had taken the laps beforehand when I followed you I started the engine as soon as possible and tried to get out of the way by driving to the green on the inside.
Sadly I was way more to the outside of the track, so the distance to the green was bigger than expected and you took evasive actions also to the inside and we collided...

But actually I don't know what I should have done much differently as I was standing right in your normal racing line and you would have collected my anyway even when I wouldn't have tried to get to the green...

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
You were standing perfectly for me to cut underneath you :p

But, after reconsideration I want to drop this inquiry @Chloé . I know how hard it is to judge what to do as I basically made almost the exact same mistake during the Nurburgring race.
Maybe people can learn from this video to hold the brakes until there's no more incoming traffic. It's a lot easier for the traffic to avoid a stopped car on track than for the stopped car to decide where to go (in some cases).

No hard feelings, hope to see you on track next season!

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
Moved to stewards

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator