Closed - ACC Tier 4 - R1 - Incident at the start on the start finish straight | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Closed ACC Tier 4 - R1 - Incident at the start on the start finish straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterJasper

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 17, 2018
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 4, Round 1
League Coordinator: @Artur "Jankes" Sobota
Date: 2-6-2020
Members Involved: @me (I am the #7 Lexus J.van Ruiten) @Elfriede1951 (couldnt find more) but @fanni
Description:
The ferrari had a very bad start because his engine map is on 9 (look at his speedometer in the evidence). After that the audi is closing up on the ferrari, expecting him to get at least a little more speed. But that isnt possible on engine map 9. After a small tap on the rear there is a crash that involves at least 15 cars. So I dont know if there are more people making this, but it should be grouped in one to keep it organized.

Ferrari 488 GT3 12 levels
1-4 dry maps.

• 1 fastest normal fuel consumption
  • 2 a bit slower, less fuel consumption
  • 3 a bit slower, normal fuel consumption
  • 4 slowest, lowest fuel consumption
5-8 wet maps
  • 5 fastest normal fuel consumption, wet throttle map (less linear more gradual)
  • 6 a bit slower, less fuel consumption, wet throttle map (less linear more gradual)
  • 7 a bit slower, normal fuel consumption, wet throttle map (less linear more gradual)
  • 8 slowest, lowest fuel consumption, wet throttle map (less linear more gradual)
9-12 Reserved and Pace Car levels very low power maps and low consumption for Pace Car situations

MisterJasper

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Small thing to add, and maybe a tip for people using different engine map in a formation lap. Its an easy thing to forget so what I do is, I put in a little more fuel (maybe 1 or 2 liters) and just leave it at engine map1. 9 of 10 times you probably don't foget it but when you forget, you see what can happen.

Last edited:

Elfriede1951

Semi-Pro Karter
May 14, 2020
I am really sorry to everyone who was involved in that mess. As Jasper mentioned I totally forgot about the engine map at the start and the carnage started from there. I just realised what was the problem like a few corners later.

I was about to post it myself this morning. Didn‘t do it directly after the race because I was so mad at myself for destroying my own and the races of many other People, that I probably would have written many dumb things.

Again I apologise to everyone and will just stick to map 1 in Hungary if I will be allowed to compete again.

• Agree
Reactions: MisterJasper

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and concluded the following:

@DSP NEOS is mostly to blame for the first contact and everything that happened afterwards. Due to not being to blame for it all, @DSP NEOS will receive a reduced penalty: 25 points reduction from the race results and 10 drivers license points.

@Elfriede1951 receives 5 drivers license points for dangerous driving - causing a dangerous situation - for starting in a very slow ECU map.

Closed.
@MisterJasper @DSP NEOS @Elfriede1951 @Artur "Jankes" Sobota

Status
Not open for further replies.