Closed - ACC Tier 5 | Round 2 Zolder| - Grid formation madness | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Closed ACC Tier 5 | Round 2 Zolder| - Grid formation madness

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 5, Round 2
League Coordinator: @GIXXERosg @Artur "Jankes" Sobota
Date: 22-9-2020
Members Involved: too many to mention...

people seem to be ignoring the ' keep left, double formation icon' people floored it well before the grid, i started P21 but you can see from the clip that people disregarded the indicator... by the time i crossed the line I'd lost 6/7 places... can the stewards please look into it. Im just after clarity please

Last edited:

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 5, Round 2
League Coordinator: @GIXXERosg @Artur "Jankes" Sobota
Date: 22-9-2020
Members Involved: too many to mention...

people were clearly ignoring the ' keep left, double formation icon' people floored id, i started P1 but you can see from the clip that people disregarded the indicator... by the time i crossed the line I'd lost 6/7 places... can the stewards please look into it.

I'm one of the people who end up starting in front of you. I'm not sure what you were doing but you are supposed to follow the widget and follow the widget only cars ghost so we have been told if someone isn't in their green box it's on them. The further back you start the less time you have to get in place. I know and can provide evident I started on my green square. Which is what the rules tell you to do. It's a completely different situation to the manual aor rolling start. If you jump the start or start out of position the game automatically gives you a pen. I assume if you are further back than you are supposed to be then you don't.

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
I'm one of the people who end up starting in front of you. I'm not sure what you were doing but you are supposed to follow the widget and follow the widget only cars ghost so we have been told if someone isn't in their green box it's on them. The further back you start the less time you have to get in place. I know and can provide evident I started on my green square. Which is what the rules tell you to do. It's a completely different situation to the manual aor rolling start. If you jump the start or start out of position the game automatically gives you a pen. I assume if you are further back than you are supposed to be then you don't.
i agree, what i dont understand is, i was P21 in a file as i was supposed to then people from far back as P25th just started overtaking everyone...

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
You just overtake them and get back into position
i suppose, saying that, so many people over took me i couldnt tell what was going on or what position i was in by that point....it was just all messy

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
2.6 Widget formation lap/start

● Drivers are at all times supposed to strictly follow the instructions given by the in-game widget.
● Drive through penalties awarded by the game will not be reverted.

That's from the rules and I think that's all people do mate. If you don't you get a dt. I didnt know what happens if you are too far back so I personally stick to it like my life depends on it. I have had a dt before for starting to far left or right and it's not a great way to start a race. I agree though it is chaos the further back you start. I dont think the game gives you enough time to get in place tbh. Even worse the bigger the grid gets.

I did see you starting behind me and wondered if you got a bit confused. :(

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
2.6 Widget formation lap/start

● Drivers are at all times supposed to strictly follow the instructions given by the in-game widget.
● Drive through penalties awarded by the game will not be reverted.

That's from the rules and I think that's all people do mate. If you don't you get a dt. I didnt know what happens if you are too far back so I personally stick to it like my life depends on it. I have had a dt before for starting to far left or right and it's not a great way to start a race. I agree though it is chaos the further back you start. I dont think the game gives you enough time to get in place tbh. Even worse the bigger the grid gets.

I did see you starting behind me and wondered if you got a bit confused. :(
Agree, I was doing exactly that....I was following the widget at all time... thats why im confused why people shot past me

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
Agree, I was doing exactly that....I was following the widget at all time... thats why im confused why people shot past me

Like I said it's because you dont have much time to get in position at the back. If you look at the widget it's shows you that you are miles out of position in the red. I can upload my video with the widget if you like? So you can see people gun it as soon as it goes red and then they slow down when it goes green and they are in position. If you don't do it quick then you are out of position and the speed limit comes on.

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018

If you watch your video you are starting in the yellow you need to be in the green by the time the speed limiter comes on otherwise you start out of position like you did

epsn

Junior Karter
Aug 11, 2020
From that stream you clearly weren't following the widget. You didnt reach the green part and then when widgets switch you slowed down falling even further back (before accelerating over the limit)

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Im just after some clarity thats all, be that my fault or others, it just seemed odd to me thats all.

Artur "Jankes" Sobota

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2019
Thank you for your insight guys, the case will be thoroughly reviewed by our stewards.

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
Just uploading my pov so you can see that I follow the widget to the letter.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and concluded that no further action will be taken. This is the way the widget works, @VSR Davidben should have been in the green area of the widget before it switched to the maximum speed bit. Not doing so resulted in two cars starting in front of him.

Closed.
@VSR Davidben @GIXXERosg @Artur "Jankes" Sobota

Status
Not open for further replies.