AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 5, Round 5 Hungaroring
League Coordinator: @morphee7 @VoodooChild
Date: 11.3.2020
Members Involved: @StephenCarry (me obv), @Tyborg, @morphee7, @Stephen Beswick, @EdwardC (if you're E.Crawford), @Colyente (Kravchenok right?), @Hockeyfighter99 (F.Inger?), @Bauke

edit beforehand @everyone: don't feel offended by my words, I'm just mad af - I know things like these can happen, but they can't happen every second race or so. And it seriously cannot be true we see the same drivers involved week in week out. I'm not blaming anyone, just want the stewards to clarify.

Description: Right after the start Tyborg and Inger come very close, both pull to the left - where I am. I am tapping off the throttle to not run into @Anduaa's rear wing but Tyborg thinks it's better to just flash his lights as he and Inger come together. I really can't say who's at fault for this, but it ruined the race of at least 3 to 4 drivers so the stewards should at least have a look at this.

EdwardC, morphee and Bauke can't escape the carnage and are being hit.

And no idea what that is, but first colyente perfectly avoids everything and everyone, only to race into tyborgs rear full throttle.

Evidence:

4 Minute Video, so I put a few timestamps in just for clarification. (I accidentally cut out Stephen Beswicks chase)

0.00 - my chase cam
0.19 - tyborg chase
0.46 - colyente chase
1.07 - morphee chase
1.31 - Inger chase
1.55 - bauke chase
2.15 - edwardC chase

2.50 - my POV
3.07 - tyborg POV, you can see him flash his lights
3.33 - anduaa rear to see flashing lights and different angle of the incident
3.58 - inger POV

and my twitch "live" POV as well:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: NynS

Bauke

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 20, 2020
Yeah i went off throttle and tried to dodge Inger and at the same time i tried not to hit Crawford. I still got a small hit from Inger which caused my car to go a bit to the right. Because my car went a bit right Crawford and I touched. The touch was on the back of my car which made me lose control of the car and cause my car to sweep to the right hitting Crawford and Morphee. So I agree with Stephen's statement: 'EdwardC, morphee and Bauke can't escape the carnage and are being hit.'

Also: I already said this but, I feel like the AOR start is better suited for the amateur league since there are more inexperienced players (and just players that are less good) who tend to make more mistakes. There is nothing wrong with making mistakes but that's why I think the AOR start is better for T5 because there will be more room between everyone.

EDIT: I said which caused my car to go a bit to the left -> I meant to the right ofcourse.

Last edited:

Stephen Beswick

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2020
Video from my perspective is provided below.

Regards my involvement. I detected Morphee coming on my right hand side and I moved a little to the left to give him space, was blocked by cars in front so decelerated. Saw the incident happening in front of me and carefully picked my way through trying to avoid a collision. I felt I was taking a fairly straight line whilst avoiding cars. Sorg rejoined from the grass on my left slightly behind me, I run triple screens so saw the rejoin out of the corner of my eye.

I remained going straight, Sorg caught my rear quarter and spun me out.

Tyborg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 28, 2016
I do not have the full replay footage of this. Only from lap 9 on. All I can say was I went straight to avoid driving into anyone (straight after I moved from the start line) and was kinda trapped, between two cars (every thing was fine at that point) then CONTACTED by @F.Inger then after getting hit and pushed and everything else. Avoiding some other stuff I get rear ended (not that big of a deal and I am not pressing charges) but then car number 83 Drives into me. I would like to press charges on both Inger and 83, I am not sure why 83 drives into me, and then kept pushing into me (maybe someone hits him) its unacceptable how I was driven over by Inger though. Yes I flashed my lights, to get his attention, wasn't thinking we was going to drive into me at that point though. Not sure why people did stay more clear of the incident, I see after the incident people saying "I just stayed straight" yea...wrong move away.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: Fizzymon and NynS

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
well i got a good start from the lights and instantly went to the inside to avoid contact then thought i would stay there to keep out the way of anything happening, then down the inside of @EdwardC unfortunatly he went right to avoid someone and put me into the wall and then i got walloped in the aftermath then after all that i got turned into on turn 1 which my clip will show

• Wow
Reactions: Tyborg

EdwardC

Formula Karter
Oct 10, 2019
I can send a clip tomorrow if need be, let me know My movement right is so slight as to be imperceptible. Morphee, sorry but you were trying to thread the needle in a rapidly closing gap outside track limits (the white line) where both the thread and the needle would be difficult to see. I was trying to hold my line and stay out of the unfolding carnage ahead.

Reactions: morphee7

Stephen Beswick

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2020
To clarify further. I am just left of centre of the track, There is a car to my front right which I am giving space, my perception is that there are collisions/a close pack of cars to my front right which are a potential threat I need to keep distance from There is at least one car's width to my left, if not a little more.

Under rule 1.6.2 Safe Rejoining to the Track - I would anticipate that anyone rejoining from a start line incident will either wait for the full field to pass by or be 100% aware of drivers around them. I shouldn't need to move across to the right which would bring me closer to cars I could see on the track in front of me.

Hockeyfighter99

Pro Karter
May 15, 2019

Look at 1h [1:00:00]

I Just stayed straight on my line. On the right side the AMG goes to the left side. After that, i get a hit from behind. I had no chance to go away. Very unlucky at all. My Race was destroyed :(

• Agree
Reactions: StephenCarry

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
"seems like the reply was lost in the internet..." from head steward in another thread.

just to make sure: here as well? :p

also what I completely forgot but might be worth noting, if it's not too late.

1. some guys not going double file; some drivers ALWAYS start slightly towards the middle or the outside lines and move over before or as soon as the green light comes up, have seen it in every race so far.

2. some guys keep on pressing the throttle whilst spinning and/or while they're already on the grass. tbh I have to mention that I'm guilty of that as well bcs I panicked a bit when I was pushed to the grass and hit the throttle instead of the brakes or both with at the same time..

Last edited:

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
sorry @StephenCarry about this stewards are deep in discussion about this one but ill get the whip out and get them in order

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
Reactions: Tyborg
Status
Not open for further replies.