PC ACC Time Trial Competition

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
As,until 14th November 2018,ACC features no form of multiplayer,to add some competition into the beta may I introduce the Time Trial competition.

HOW IT WORKS
Anyone who wants to compete will set a lap time,in any game mode,in the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 at Nurburgring GP.
As of the 19th September,26th September,3rd October and 10th October points will be awarded to those with the Top 10 times 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1.Obviously if you improve your time between each scoring day then you will earn more points.The last scoring day will be 2x points.

HOW TO ENTER
To enter post a screenshot containing your on this thread.

LAPTIMES
@Hampus Soderberg 1min53.586s
@Togomies 1min53.721s
@Mazy CZ 1min54.732s

STANDINGS
@Hampus Soderberg 25
@Togomies 18
@Mazy CZ 15
If you have any questions please comment below.

Last edited:

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
On the subject of ACC depending on how basic multiplayer is(I am guessing that this means without the muti-driver racing).I suggest a couple of mini leagues if people would be interested closer to the time.

26th Nov Circuit Le Castellat GP
3rd Dec Misano World Circuit
10th Dec Nurburgring GP
17th Dec Hungaroring GP

Bentley Continental GT3
BMW M6 GT3
Lamborghini Huracan GT3

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Great initiative to get some form of competition going before we can race together on the track. Gotta admit, I'm a shitty hotlapper but I will probably put a time in here once I get my hands on the game nontheless :)

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
I have sweat that out yesterday.
I can't believe that 1:52 WR though.
acc.jpg

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Spent over an hour not progressing in setup but learning a valuable lesson anyway. Done a number of different quite aggressive approaches, feels like time to gain but difficult to then put the lap together, but will keep on working with setting trying to find a good balanced route. could manage a couple of tenths from my PB with a number of different setups so atleast that's good.

1:54.342
20180916222000_1.jpg

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Impossible :D:D:D That last chicane is my nightmare.

But still, I have no idea where I can find a second to break into 53's let alone another second to WR o_Oo_O

@Hampus Soderberg can you share setup? I have mine on my YT.

Also, it is a bit sad again that in real life they did 1:55's but on ACC you can do 3 seconds faster. Yes, I know, optimal grip, but still it is 3 seconds.

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Impossible :D:D:D That last chicane is my nightmare.

But still, I have no idea where I can find a second to break into 53's let alone another second to WR o_Oo_O

@Hampus Soderberg can you share setup? I have mine on my YT.

Also, it is a bit sad again that in real life they did 1:55's but on ACC you can do 3 seconds faster. Yes, I know, optimal grip, but still it is 3 seconds.
Don't have it saved, and don't really remember the one I had for my best lap, because I'm still trying to find the right path.

I think one of the better setups I had was aggressive preset with 14 rear wing, 72 brake bias, 0 ECU and lowered front antirollbar. But have really been playing around a bit with these settings and found multiple setups that was quite close in pace but also not anyone I've been entirely happy with.

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Down under 54 now! Getting a pretty good feeling with the car now with better settings. 1.5 seconds to WR just seems ridiculous tho, not happy with that. I guess I've still got a lot of settings untouched but don't see those settings improving the car by that much... :cautious::unsure:

1:53.976
20180917185644_1.jpg

Aggressive preset once again, keeping 17 rear wing so car keeps stable in the high speed but getting the front grip back by lowering front antirollbar and also I guess lowering differential which helps rotate the car and also easier on traction. So pretty much wasting a lot of time to realise @Togomies settings was the right path to go. :poop: Anyway, as I'm learning it was still good to realise why certain things didn't work. :geek:

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
@Hampus Soderberg I saw someone who has done 53.5 suggesting 19 or even 20 rear wing on ACC forums so higher might be the way to go, then add rake or play with springs to make it turn. Yet to try that myself tho.
Very interesting, I'm not really surprised. 17 rear wing worked a lot better for me than anything lower, I guess I've just avoied going higher because I've thought it would just begin to understeer a bit too much. But as you say, working the mechanical grip towards the front could then maybe give a good balance. Thanks for the info! (y)

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
For all wondering I will update the OP with times every Wednesday, but am liking every times I view so you know they have been noticed.

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Hohooo, I ran 12 on rear wing :D gonna have to try yours 17 thoug. I went the same road.
But the more laps I do, the more I enjoy drivng the game. I went back to AC and loaded the ring with Lambo and boy oh boy it is different. THe car, i dont know why is so much responsive. it flet I had my wheel set to 180% of rotation but I had full 900% so idk where the problem was so I though, this is how it is..I didn't ger over half a lap :D

Edit..
I think I hit the wall..I can't go faster than that. No idea where to gain more time. I guess the last chicane is the only place where I can improve, but 54:7 is the maximum I could do. I watched one replay where the guy did mid 53's and the car was like on rails. Braking at 50 meters before the last chicane without problems..wtf

Last edited:

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Another update, a few tenths gained, 20 rear wing (maximum), 100% differential, 72% brake bias and think it was 4 front antirollbar. So rear wing I would say is the way to go. Front antirollbar is then probably the best way to adjust over-/understeer.

1:53.673
20180918182956_1.jpg

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Another improvement, only 1 tenth but feels like I'm driving better now, much more consistent, and getting a good understanding on how to do in the difficult corners I've previously struggled in. (T5, T10, T11 and last chicane) General tip is that when there isn't a hard braking zone it's better to only do like 50% braking, just keeps the car more stable, this goes for the last chicane where I previously had a tendency to lose the rear on entry. Also T11 (corner leading onto the backstraight) it's important that the small braking and start of lifting is done while not turning, then the car is much more stable through the corner. Hopefully this makes sense for others as well and maybe helps. :)

1:53.586 (looks like the leaderboard has been reset)
20180921204806_1.jpg

Aggressive preset
4 front antirollbar
71% brake bias
19 rear wing
1 TC
6 ABS
0 ECU

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Need to try that :) Last chicane is a nightmare for me aswell but will try your tips to improve :)

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Another tenths improvement. Am I the only one still trying? :p Raised the TC to 3, not sure it makes too much of a difference. No idea what to think of the time and gap to the front, I guess I still haven't touched a lot of settings and no idea how much actual grip/lap time there is to gain from the other stuff. Would've been all over those settings if I was confident in them but afraid I'm gonna have to put in a lot of time to understand them and not quite sure where to begin.

1:53.487
20180925174315_1.jpg