PC - ACL S5 - Round 4 - Crashing on a straight | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACL S5 - Round 4 - Crashing on a straight

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Platform + League: PC ACL Season 5
League Coordinator: @Noztra @hinesy32 @Niclas Domino
Date: 30/04/2018
Members Involved: @Terence Grech @Microlander @N1kmido
Description:
Fair enough if rubberbanding was an issue here, though we know since pre-season races that this is an issue in these cars so please adapt to it. I suffered a lot of damage from this and it did cost me at least 4 positions.

Evidence:

Last edited:

Terence Grech

Pro Karter
Oct 11, 2017
Yes i will tell you what happened Noztra. as when i was behind Microlander getting some slipstream the car infront of me it's like it was getting away which is impossible than suddenly it's like he just braked a bit and i coudlnt avoid hitting him and i hit him and caused the crash. iv been told that that lag it's form a server issue. it was happening to me when i was close behind a car everytime after that aswell and i stayed more cautious after that. but there's nothing i could do. i don't thing that the replay will show if it was Lag or not right ? i explained to Microlander aswell for it. Thx

santsuke99

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
@Terence Grech if you saved your own replay it should show how it was for you (lags and everything). If you didn't save it then someone else's might not show it.

Terence Grech

Pro Karter
Oct 11, 2017
Sry for the quality as i recorded from my phone and posted on youtube. as you can see on the video it shows everything what i said. was having slipstream and he was getting away instead of catching him slowly than suddenly i just like catched him instant like he braked and coudlnt avoid the hit.

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
Yeah this was really unfortunate, annoyingly with this season i get alot of rubberbanding on this server so when i was behind you terrance i had to really play with luck because the cars would go back and forth a bit. If you watch my onboard telementary you'll see i didn't lift of the throttle or anything, just rubberbanding again :/

Terence Grech

Pro Karter
Oct 11, 2017
Yeah i didn't expect its gonna be this bad. As you where my 1st car in the race that i was close behind someone. and didn't expect that kind of Lag or what it is. i lost very good points after that im sure im not doing something stupid like that. iv been racing for more than 7 years in sim racing and i never experienced this type of things. im sure it's something from the platform or Server. cause im not that familiar with Assetto. but i drove in other leagues with assetto and never had this issue so im assume it's a server issue.

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
Yeah i didn't expect its gonna be this bad. As you where my 1st car in the race that i was close behind someone. and didn't expect that kind of Lag or what it is. i lost very good points after that im sure im not doing something stupid like that. iv been racing for more than 7 years in sim racing and i never experienced this type of things. im sure it's something from the platform or Server. cause im not that familiar with Assetto. but i drove in other leagues with assetto and never had this issue so im assume it's a server issue.
Yeah, its never been a problem before so i don't know why it is now

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Apologies for the harsh selection of words yesterday. I´ve been involved in so many similar incidents like this lately (also in other leagues) therefore I was absolutely upset that it keeps happening but of course that is not an excuse. You have to deal with every incident individually and obviously no one to blame here apart from connection/lag/desync/whatever.
Just a reminder from my side to please be a bit more cautious in those slipstream situations in the future.

From my point of view this thread can be closed. @Noztra

Terence Grech

Pro Karter
Oct 11, 2017
Thx for that N1kmido. i apologized you after the hit yesterday and i told you aswell that it was Lag or whatever it is. as i said after that incident i stayed more cautious from the other cars but unfortunately on that one couldn't do nothing. Yes for sure will be more careful from now on try to avoid incidents similar to this. i had damage after that and went down from 6th to 14th. lost very valuble points as i was maintaining very good in that pos .

Status
Not open for further replies.