Moved - AL1 Multi car pile up at final chicane | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Moved AL1 Multi car pile up at final chicane

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMS Andrew

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2017
Platform + League: XB1 AL1
League Coordinator: @miniminiman09 @KLID22
Date: 29/3/2020
Members involved: @SomaticCoast375 @AMS phoenix @AMS Thomas
Description:
sgoing through final chicane somatic spins into my path I slam on the brakes to a complete stop as he didn't ghost and then Phoenix goes into the back of me resulting in a retirement for him
Evidence: clip at 47 minutes and 1 second into my stream apologies for any swearing in the stream

AMS phoenix

Pro Karter
Feb 23, 2020
I don’t have a POV , I just came round the corner and there was a pile up and no ghosting I tried to avoided but I clipped AMS Andrew back wheel and it took my wheel off

AMS Thomas

Junior Karter
Mar 29, 2020
My POV didnt save for some reason I broke at my normal breaking point for the chicane however people ahead slowed down way to much which resulted in me tapping the car ahead but he span due to the collision model because a little tap like that shouldn't of spun him

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have looked through the evidence and comments put forward and have come to the following conclusion.

From looking at the footage it is clear to see that @AMS Thomas hit the back of @SomaticCoast375 which caused a 4 car incident. After causing this incident multiple cars were damaged and lost a significant amount of time.

Therefore we have decided that @AMS Thomas is at fault for a Moderate Avoidable collision and will be given 10 penalty points and a further 10 second time penalty to be added to their overall race time for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Closed. @KLID22 @miniminiman09 @AMS Andrew @AMS Thomas @SomaticCoast375 @AMS phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.