EnemysKiller

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
Platform + League: PC AL3
League Coordinator: @DeAd3ye
Date: 20.10.2019 (Britain)
Members Involved: @Zeerovert @Ropuch @El Loco @EnemysKiller
Description:
Zeerovert randomly brake checks all other involved drivers randomly in the middle of a Safety Car phase, we almost crash into him and/or risk penalties by getting past him while he just stops on track several times.
Evidence: Sadly I didn't record, maybe one of the others did, but surely they can all confirm that the incident happened. Maybe @ItxLogical saw it as well, I believe he was behind me.

ItxLogical

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 1, 2019
Platform + League: PC AL3
League Coordinator: @DeAd3ye
Date: 20.10.2019 (Britain)
Members Involved: @Zeerovert @Ropuch @El Loco @EnemysKiller
Description:
Zeerovert randomly brake checks all other involved drivers randomly in the middle of a Safety Car phase, we almost crash into him and/or risk penalties by getting past him while he just stops on track several times.
Evidence: Sadly I didn't record, maybe one of the others did, but surely they can all confirm that the incident happened. Maybe @ItxLogical saw it as well, I believe he was behind me.
I didn’t record but I did get damage from that incident and I had to put which cost my chance of getting points.

ItxLogical

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 1, 2019
I didn’t record but I did get damage from that incident and I had to put which cost my chance of getting points.
I also got a penalty from that incident despite the fact I was the one that got brake tested, not that really mattered.

Zeerovert

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 21, 2019
Perhaps you did not notice the cars in front of me, If you call my behaviour brake checking then surely the same applies for a few cars in front of me, as I was just reacting to what happened there. I got my nose damaged because of 'brake checking' in front of me and ruined my race because of it.

The whole following the safety car period was just an incident waiting to happen, it was quite ridiculous. To pick out just me is not right and is a bit short sighted.

There was however an incident at the restart. When the race restarted there was someone entering the pit lane. The game decided we could not overtake him before the finish line which resulted in a bit of chaos. I was behind @Ropuch. He hit the brakes on the straight to not get a penalty I think, and I braked as I was right behind him since we were restarting. After that a few people flew by who did not have this issue with the pit lane driver since they were further behind. After a few seconds I just passed Ropuch and we all went on racing.

This was obviously very dangerous and people did get damage there. This incident was also a split second thing with a very unexpected situation created by the game. In hindsight everyone should have just kept on going and appealed their penalties for overtaking the pitlane car before the line, but with 0,5 seconds to decide what to do...

DeAd3ye

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 22, 2019
I just want to add that because of the random brake checking things i got taken out in the safety car period (but that was my fault) i would say now. I was just behind @Zeerovert and you would not blame him for the incidents @EnemysKiller describes. The Safety Car is just slow compared to an F1 Car and i think the guys further behind just underrated that fact(or it is a bug which i dont know,it was my first safety car in this game). And btw @Zeerovert no one pitted at the end of the safety car , you can see that on my recording. Unfortunate you cant see the whole safety car because i was mad at myself and changed the scene.

Zeerovert

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 21, 2019
I don't see anyone pitting on your video, but there was a Red Bull car in the pit lane. Maybe @Ropuch can confirm this because there definetly was a car we were not allowed to overtake before the line while we were chasing each other at the restart

EnemysKiller

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
@DeAd3ye pretty sure that the incident that I was talking about happened right after your retirement, @Zeerovert stopped several times with a clear track in front (this was right after the pit entry in the last few corners), causing us 3/4 cars to bunch up behind him, and as @ItxLogical said resulting in damage to his car.

Zeerovert

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 21, 2019
So you are talking about the corners before the straight at the restart? I was right behind the car in front of me. I do not randomly brake when the car(s) in front of me are going for it (nor would I do this at all in any situation). Why would I slow down? To release the guy(s) in front of me at a restart?

This still annoys me: "Zeerovert randomly brake checks all other involved drivers randomly in the middle of a Safety Car phase, we almost crash into him and/or risk penalties by getting past him while he just stops on track several times". <- That is not right. That is just not what I do. You should take a look at (POV = @DeAd3ye , I am the Williams in front of him):

1: I’m following Ropuch, he had to evade the pack in front of him because guess what? They hit the brakes hard. We both evade that situation and Deadeye had to react to it as well.

2: Ropuch reacts to someone hard braking. I reacted to him, we head into the next corner and this person brakes hard again to which Ropuch has to react, and I did too...

3: Following again, had to evade or my nose would be gone.

Last edited:

DeAd3ye

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 22, 2019
Guys the Stewards decided NFA (it is not closed, but everyone since now says NFA). I told you that you cant really report something without an footage. For the next time we should be just more careful while the Safety car is in front. @Zeerovert @Ropuch @El Loco @EnemysKiller

Last edited:

EnemysKiller

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
@Zeerovert could you stop ignoring what I said? This happened after @DeAd3ye crashed, and I'm pretty sure there was at least one more lap of SC after that. You and the two other cars were just standing there in the last few corners when I finally caught up with the queue, and you started and stopped after a few meters at least twice. Next time idk, just keep following the cars in front of you instead of suddenly deciding your call in life is to be a living roadblock? I truly wish I had a video, because then you couldn't pretend that I'm too stupid to comprehend what was truly a ridiculous situation. Might record next race even if there's a chance my PC won't handle it.

Zeerovert

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 21, 2019
I'm not ignoring you. I know the situation you are talking about and I have adressed it:

"There was however an incident at the restart. When the race restarted there was someone entering the pit lane. The game decided we could not overtake him before the finish line which resulted in a bit of chaos. I was behind @Ropuch. He hit the brakes on the straight to not get a penalty I think, and I braked as I was right behind him since we were restarting. After that a few people flew by who did not have this issue with the pit lane driver since they were further behind. After a few seconds I just passed Ropuch and we all went on racing.

This was obviously very dangerous and people did get damage there. This incident was also a split second thing with a very unexpected situation created by the game. In hindsight everyone should have just kept on going and appealed their penalties for overtaking the pitlane car before the line, but with 0,5 seconds to decide what to do... "

In any case, I was not the car in front who braked first, I just reacted. Stop singling me out over what happened and calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.