PC - Americas PC F1 - Ignoring Blue Flags and Pushed Off the Track | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Americas PC F1 - Ignoring Blue Flags and Pushed Off the Track

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.
  • ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzTriton

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2018
Platform + League: PC Americas F1
League Coordinator: @IntergalacticGentleman @Raven
Date: 6/16/19
Members Involved: @Lundqvistbro @Fruitsalsa @Hardy_
Description: 1.) Lundquistbro and Fruitsalsa were battling when I caught up and attempted to lap them. Rather than let me go they seem to not notice, and Fruitsalsa even tried to battle me into turn 1. In my view, the drivers being lapped should give up their battle and follow the blue flags (should be noted that I went off after trying to overtake Fruit, but that was me overdriving and going off my own).
2.) At 0:42 I lost the rear end, allowing Hardy to get a good run on me and going alongside me into 130R. I try to leave him space as much as I could but he still goes into the side of me and pushes me off track. Luckily I sort of caught it and expected it but still feel it should be looked at by the stewards.
Evidence: (Incident 1: 0:00, Incident 2: 0:42).

Fruitsalsa

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
I'll just post this here for reference as I think it will give a bit more context. I don't think my video POV will add anything the case at hand (@ItzTriton video seems pretty accurate):

Hi,

As I have mentioned previously, the situation was a bit awkward. I was battling Lunqvistbro and you were a bit farther before 130r, hence I maintained pressure on him planning to let you pass on the start/finish straight. Then Lunqvist missed his braking point in the chicane and slowed down directly in the middle of it (according to him), which was a weird place to decide to yield to blue flag. Not knowing whether he lost control or else, I decided to pass him to then let you pass on the start/finish straight to not slow you down further, but then he tried to defend, causing further delay.

Finally, I lifted and succeeded in letting you through before the first turn, but you ended up going wide a bit. Since I was battling with Lunqvist I went ahead and retook the spot, but you caught up really fast (which caught me by surprise). Considering that we were in the middle of the S section (another weird spot to yield to blue flag) , I had no idea where to go, which ended up with a bit of contact.

Really sorry for the mess... I just wanted to give a bit more context. I have yielded to approximately 6 cars during the race without any issue, but with you it ended up to be in really awkward spots. Hopefully we did not ruined your race too much.

Speaking generally (as a group), this race was pretty much all over the place since the start...Hopefully the next one will be a bit cleaner

I will just add that I was not trying to battle you Triton, but rather maintaining the line to not cause further confusion ahead of turn 1 and risking taking somebody out.

I'll leave the case to the good judgement of the stewarts and fully abide by their decision.

Thanks!

Hardy_

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 28, 2019
I tried to leave space as well, but I kinda started to turn left a bit too late, and I'm in a controller, wich means that my steering inputs are very slow and limited, I can see why you think this is a incidente to be looked at, but I don't feel like I did something wrong there, maybe there was a little bit of desync wich made my car go a little more towards yours on your screen. Anyway, sorry if I caused you any problems, as I said in the last race, I don't want to get in the way of the guys fighting for the championship.

ItzTriton

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2018
I'll just post this here for reference as I think it will give a bit more context. I don't think my video POV will add anything the case at hand (@ItzTriton video seems pretty accurate):

Hi,

As I have mentioned previously, the situation was a bit awkward. I was battling Lunqvistbro and you were a bit farther before 130r, hence I maintained pressure on him planning to let you pass on the start/finish straight. Then Lunqvist missed his braking point in the chicane and slowed down directly in the middle of it (according to him), which was a weird place to decide to yield to blue flag. Not knowing whether he lost control or else, I decided to pass him to then let you pass on the start/finish straight to not slow you down further, but then he tried to defend, causing further delay.

Finally, I lifted and succeeded in letting you through before the first turn, but you ended up going wide a bit. Since I was battling with Lunqvist I went ahead and retook the spot, but you caught up really fast (which caught me by surprise). Considering that we were in the middle of the S section (another weird spot to yield to blue flag) , I had no idea where to go, which ended up with a bit of contact.

Really sorry for the mess... I just wanted to give a bit more context. I have yielded to approximately 6 cars during the race without any issue, but with you it ended up to be in really awkward spots. Hopefully we did not ruined your race too much.

Speaking generally (as a group), this race was pretty much all over the place since the start...Hopefully the next one will be a bit cleaner

I will just add that I was not trying to battle you Triton, but rather maintaining the line to not cause further confusion ahead of turn 1 and risking taking out somebody.

I'll leave the case to the good judgement of the stewarts and fully abide by their decision.

Thanks!
yeah I understand that it was an awkward situation, but I think that by not letting me by into turn 1 is pretty unusual. I assumed that you would lift off and let me back onto the line but by sticking on it it looks like you sorta half-defend it, especially since I had to fight you a fair bit for the position (the mistake was my own fault though as I said).

Reactions: Fruitsalsa

ItzTriton

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2018
I tried to leave space as well, but I kinda started to turn left a bit too late, and I'm in a controller, wich means that my steering inputs are very slow and limited, I can see why you think this is a incidente to be looked at, but I don't feel like I did something wrong there, maybe there was a little bit of desync wich made my car go a little more towards yours on your screen. Anyway, sorry if I caused you any problems, as I said in the last race, I don't want to get in the way of the guys fighting for the championship.
Yeah no problem man, I was on edge of reporting it since it was kinda an awkward place to go 2 wide in but just felt it was a tad frustrating. However, your POV does make it look a bit more clear, since you are ahead by more than I assumed, but I will let the stewards go ahead and look. Again, no hard feelings, was a good battle overall with you throughout the race!

Hardy_

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 28, 2019
Yeah no problem man, I was on edge of reporting it since it was kinda an awkward place to go 2 wide in but just felt it was a tad frustrating. However, your POV does make it look a bit more clear, since you are ahead by more than I assumed, but I will let the stewards go ahead and look. Again, no hard feelings, was a good battle overall with you throughout the race!
For sure, I hope I can keep up with you guys and battle a lot more in the future!

Reactions: ItzTriton

Hardy_

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 28, 2019
Ok, watched your POV again, and it's definitely desync. Not your fault lol, so we can drop that, no action needed I'm sure.
Haha, I REALLY hope that F1 2019 doesn't have so much desync as F1 18, it's really annoying and you most of the time get hit by a ghost.

Anyways, no worries man!!

Reactions: ItzTriton

Lundqvistbro

Formula Karter
Jun 14, 2018
I do sincerely apologize for impeding your race as I did, I have apologized post race and during interviews too. In contrast to what Fruit has said, I did not miss my braking point, but I took a line to be on the inside to let you (triton) by on the exit of the chicane. On the exit, I was challenged by fruit, to which I thought you backed off to overtake us on drs, thus I started to squeeze you, thinking you were fruit, but the moment I saw fruit ahead of us, I let you go freely (I would like to note that I do race in cockpit cam, so at times I have lesser visibility compared to people racing t cam, which justifies my later reaction to fruit being ahead as I genuinely saw him appear ahead of me at the same time I challenged triton). I would like to add that following the post T1 incident between fruit and triton, I properly backed off while to my knowledge fruit was still racing triton, which then led fruit to lose grip and spin mid corner which led both of us to crash.

Fruitsalsa

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
I do sincerely apologize for impeding your race as I did, I have apologized post race and during interviews too. In contrast to what Fruit has said, I did not miss my braking point, but I took a line to be on the inside to let you (triton) by on the exit of the chicane. On the exit, I was challenged by fruit, to which I thought you backed off to overtake us on drs, thus I started to squeeze you, thinking you were fruit, but the moment I saw fruit ahead of us, I let you go freely (I would like to note that I do race in cockpit cam, so at times I have lesser visibility compared to people racing t cam, which justifies my later reaction to fruit being ahead as I genuinely saw him appear ahead of me at the same time I challenged triton). I would like to add that following the post T1 incident between fruit and triton, I properly backed off while to my knowledge fruit was still racing triton, which then led fruit to lose grip and spin mid corner which led both of us to crash.
Sorry if I misinterpreted your action @Lundqvistbro, it is just that I saw you lock a wheel on my screen at the chicane entry, hence I assumed that you missed the braking point. That might have been a sync issue in the game. Also thanks for your perspective, I did not realize that cockpit cam could have been another compromising element in this situation! I also must add, I spun because of a bump with Triton, not on my own or because I was trying to outdrive myself (since I got caught by surprise that he was right beside me in the S section).

Nevertheless, the situation was still rather unfortunate...Apologies to you as well @Lundqvistbro !

Lundqvistbro

Formula Karter
Jun 14, 2018
Sorry if I misinterpreted your action @Lundqvistbro, it is just that I saw you lock a wheel on my screen at the chicane entry, hence I assumed that you missed the braking point. That might have been a sync issue in the game. Also thanks for your perspective, I did not realize that cockpit cam could have been another compromising element in this situation! I also must add, I spun because of a bump with Triton, not on my own or because I was trying to outdrive myself (since I got caught by surprise that he was right beside me in the S section).

Nevertheless, the situation was still rather unfortunate...Apologies to you as well @Lundqvistbro !
With the spin using tritons footage I saw you spin on your own, that’s my bad then, sucks that I got caught up in it, but what can you do. With the corner entry, from what I remember I didn’t lock up, so it might’ve been a sync issue, or I locked up my rear tyre which I of course can’t see, and if that’s the case, it was probably a small lock up. I will say that after last season and the first few races this season I try to be really clean especially with blue flags, but sometimes it’s unavoidable, like with our battle. IMO, this was just a racing incident, but I’ll let the stewards decide.

ItzTriton

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah the reason I'm reporting this is because he seemed to be racing me rather than just lift off and let me go when he was more than able to, but with you I was surprised you just lift off and nearly brake check me on the exit of the turn but I see the confusion. For future references, you'd better off continuing on and not suddenly slowing down like that since you are asking for an accident in that scenario.

Lundqvistbro

Formula Karter
Jun 14, 2018
Yeah the reason I'm reporting this is because he seemed to be racing me rather than just lift off and let me go when he was more than able to, but with you I was surprised you just lift off and nearly brake check me on the exit of the turn but I see the confusion. For future references, you'd better off continuing on and not suddenly slowing down like that since you are asking for an accident in that scenario.
I actually didn’t lift off as much, my mindset in the moment was trying to know where you were, keeping position with fruit (who I thought was you on the exit of the corner and start of the straight) and not spin by on that bump in the track, I had already slightly lost the back end a couple of times earlier, but nothing serious. Knowing I was mid battle and blue flag, I was trying to act as responsibly as possible. I can see where I had performed poorly in the mess that was the end of that sector for all three of us. If it seemed like I nearly brake checked you, I’m sorry, I did not intend to do that. To my knowledge, when I realized I was battling you, I had most likely gone to 80% throttle which looking at it now, was a bit much seeing as you most likely had drs. I will try to be even more weary in the future and I think us three collectively have come out of this wiser. I do hope that at least my blue flag responsibility has become better than what was seen earlier.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Moved the thread to the stewards forum.

@ItzTriton - I think I gathered from reading the thread you dont want to pursue the second situation in your original post, but you've got to do separate threads for each incident even if so as an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.