Announcements & Notices | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Announcements & Notices

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
This thread will be where cods will make announcements regarding the league. This includes people being added/removed, changes in schedules, updates on the league's affairs etc.

JordanMcGonigal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Just to make everyone aware, there is one week on the fixtures in each division where a certain team has no games in that week. This is ok as everyone has two games against "Team 8". It basically means that you will have no other free games during the season, it's just the way the fixture generator has sorted the matches out. Please don't worry yourself about it if it affects you.

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
craigg123 has officially joined the league and will therefore replace the team '8' in Division 2. This means that Division 2 players now need to be aware that they no longer have a bye week and they will be expected to play all 14 games rather than the 12 that was set before. The team selected is Wolfsburg so please be sure to check the updated fixture list in-case you have a game against craigg123.

Thank You,
Kurt.

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
We are now in our final week of fixtures and so comes, what is usually, the most active time for our FIFA players to get their games done. This year both div 1 and 2 have done relatively good jobs of keeping up with their games but there is still some concerns here and there. I ask all of you to wrap up your fixtures by Sunday midnight or else your fixture will be simulated (usually ending in a draw, if proven you didn't try to play or avoided the game, a loss will be given to you). Remember, Div 1 players are aiming for 12 Games and div 2 players are aiming for 14 Games. If you feel that you are unable to play your match with someone before the deadline (21/12/2014, 23:59 UK Time) then DM one of the coordinators and you will be given an extension as seen appropriate.

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Today is the last day for games to be played unless you request an extension from one of the cods. Any games that you guys fail to play will most likely go down as draws but if one of the parties can supply satisfactory evidence proving they tried to play you on multiple occasions and you failed to play them then the win may go their way.

@TRL Schumacher @Troyfmcg @xxkrypto @JordanMcGonigal @SamBradley17 @InfamousVader1997 @xHPExFootie @Lewis_Tids @FisiFan91 @OTELL0 @T6 BULLET @Devastator2810 @MrJonesyy @craigg123

EDIT: THIS NO LONGER OCCURS. ANOTHER UPDATE WILL BE MAKE AT 19:00 UK TIME EXPLAINING THE CHANGE WE HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE.

Last edited:

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Notice
We here at the cod team have made the decision to extend everyone's time to play their games by a week. This decision comes for two reasons. Firstly, quite a few games still remain and we really don't want to have to simulate loads of games as it does kind of kill the competitiveness of the league when people are placed based on fixtures they didn't actually play. Secondly, we feel people are struggling to get their games done right now as we are just about to enter the Christmas period so time is sparse for many. We hope you guys can use this extra week to your advantage and that it removes the pressure of having to squeeze in all of your remaining fixtures. The side effect of this is that we now expect everyone to have finished all of their games without failure as you have a week dedicated to catching up on fixtures.

So just to re-cover that. All participants over both divisions will now have until 28/12/2014, 23:59 UK Time to complete all your fixtures.

@TRL Schumacher @Troyfmcg @xxkrypto @JordanMcGonigal @SamBradley17 @InfamousVader1997 @xHPExFootie @Lewis_Tids @FisiFan91 @OTELL0 @T6 BULLET @Devastator2810 @MrJonesyy @craigg123

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Notice

Remember guys. Today is officially the final day for any games to be played. Since we've received no delay requests this means theoretically the final standings should go active at some point tomorrow. You still have till midnight to finish any remaining games off so please try and get as many games as possible finished or else you may lose points during the simulation stage.

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Final standings will go active tonight by the way. Can't give an exact time but some time this evening for definite.

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Well with those standing updates we can now put a close on Season 3 of the AOR FIFA League. They are also listed on the standings page as you'd expect but I have posted them in this announcement below:

The exact format of season 4 will be announced in the near future once the sign-up thread goes active but here is a summary of the final standings.

Division 1 seemed to be molding a rough shape from the get-go with @KurtJP35 , @SamBradley17 and @TRL Schumacher seeming to be the big three in the title race. The favourite for the title changed at several points with Grant leading early on for the title race to then be handed into the hand of Sam. As we approached the final third of the season though EA released a new patch for the game 'improving' the in game mechanics but this had a drastic effect on Grant's game. He went on a four loss streak for the first time in his AOR history to collapse out of the title race leaving Kurt and Sam to fight it out. The results which proved to be definitive in the end were Kurt's 3-0 wins against Grant and Jordan whilst Sam could only get a draw out of the clash with relegation candidate @xxkrypto . These 3 results right at the end were the final events which sealed Kurt as the Season 3 Champion joining the likes of @Jimmy Leeky of season 1 and Grant of season 2. Further down the league it was a season of solidness for @Troyfmcg who managed to come in third thanks to Grant's fall in form which is a good improvement from his scraped safety of season 2. @JordanMcGonigal stayed up fairly confidently but will still be somewhat disappointed that he could only come home in 5th in the end. The two newcomers to the league, @xxkrypto and @InfamousVader1997 , were unable to have their desired impacts in division 1 as they fell short only managing to get 2 and 1 win respectively. Some decent form from these two put them closer to safety but it was all too little, too late in the end.

Division 2 certainly had its strongest competitors similar to division 1 with the likes of @MrJonesyy and @xHPExFootie . Ryan, who had been relegated the season before, was always going to be one of the favourites to make his return to the top division and he hasn't disappointed. Some solid form throughout means he came in the runner-up spot with confidence, 5 points ahead of 3rd place. In the end though it was Footie who managed to seal the Division 2 Champion spot only losing an impressive 2 games all season. No doubt his attacking prowess raking him in 34 goals (a mean of 2.42 a game) in just 14 games. Further down the table we find @FisiFan91 who despite finishing 3rd should not necessarily be disheartened. As we are aiming to fill 8 places in both divisions, presuming we choose to continue with this format for season 4, Fisi will be joining the league's finest in division 1 next season. @OTELL0 may also have a chance if someone else makes a late drop out but it does look like he will have missed out on the opportunity via goal difference which, when looking at this standings earlier on in the season, may be somewhat disappointing for him. Both @craigg123 and @T6 BULLET have had to settle for a fair mid-table finish which they can only look to build on for next season. @Devastator2810 may feel he had more to offer as he comes across the line in 7th with his lack of goals scored being his main weakness throughout the campaign. Finally we have @Lewis_Tids who has once again limped home in last place and this time he only managed to get 5 points in comparison to the 11 of last season. Lewis will have to look to change things big time for him to challenge the top players in the division for next season.

And with that I thank you all for taking part in what has probably been the best ran season in terms of games finished so far. Sure, there was gaps here and there but for the most part you guys did a great job of getting your fixtures done and such you are all welcome to take part in season 4. I look forward to what this league has to hold and I can't wait to fight for yet another AOR title! Keep an eye out for the sign-up thread which will go active relatively soon once we here at the cod team have decided what we're going to do for season 4.

Thanks,
Kurt.

Last edited:

xxkrypto

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
As some competitors in division 1 already know that i will not be returning for season 4. The main reason why i will not be returning is that that i've lost the enjoyment to play the game competitively, and also i want to take a break from the league and nail down getting everything sorted for the FM review, attendance sheet. I also want to thank the Coordinators @KurtJP35 @Troyfmcg @TRL Schumacher and @JordanMcGonigal for managing the league and making it flow the way it has. I do intend to return for season 5 if i find the game enjoyable to play competitively. Also thank you to everyone that i have had the opportunity to go against. See you hopefully in season 5!