PS4 - AOR AC S4 - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR AC S4 - Main Thread

pcsolima

2 times AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Dec 27, 2015
I’m interested.
I have the game, but to be honest didn’t explored it that much.

I seriously thought it’s better than PC2, but I’m available to try it more deeply.

Don’t think there is a lot of interest to it in PS4 and the makers are betting everything on PC, as far as I know. So the perspectives of evolution are not great... Am I wrong?

Reactions: JeroCalleja_SPA

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
Correct, AC will not have more support online on PS4 or PC, let's say "it's finished and no more content will be included", except what the PC community includes on PC. Kunos simulazione is already focused on AC Competizione. To be honest, I prefer a good simulator with little content where I can enjoy good driving sensations that a simulator with a lot of content and with many bugs, otherwise I prefer to go to the PC.

• Agree
Reactions: Noxvi and pcsolima

VSR_Rotary

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
Gave Assetto Corsa a try, and with my G29, it feels very sloppy, like the response from the vehicles is pretty naf, it feels like the car is floating even with 100%FFB. I am interested in this but i need to play the game more and set the wheel up more a bit

dejw_d

AOR PS4 GT3 S10 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 26, 2018
Gave Assetto Corsa a try, and with my G29, it feels very sloppy, like the response from the vehicles is pretty naf, it feels like the car is floating even with 100%FFB. I am interested in this but i need to play the game more and set the wheel up more a bit
Pretty much the same for me. Generally interested but a lot depends on the schedule. Also I did have massive issues with lag and stuttering the last time we tried to run an AC league so I would need to run in some test races before the actual start of the season.

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
[QUOTE = "VSR Thomasethan, post: 755263, miembro: 33665"]
Le di una oportunidad a Assetto Corsa, y con mi G29, se siente muy descuidado, como la respuesta de los vehículos es bastante naf, parece que el auto está flotando incluso con un 100% de FFB. Me interesa esto, pero necesito jugar más el juego y configurar la rueda un poco más
[/CITAR]
At first the same thing happened to me, I also use a G29 and it felt very soft, I have very big hands and the hoop looked like a toy, then I changed the settings of the FFB and now I feel all the reactions of the car with a resistance to the turn good that allows me to know at all times where the steering axis and the drive shaft, the sensations are incredible. On the other hand the physics of AC have nothing to do with those of Pcars2, to drive fast you have to draw very fine in the right place, as soon as the line is drawn the car slides as in reality, the tires overheat and you do not give 3 curves in a row, Pcars2 is a simulator that benefits the hotlapers, drivers who in the race force the pace lap after lap, "overconduce", making the car skid without losing control only because the physical (more similar to an arcade) of Pcars2 they allow it, in AC that does not happen and that is precisely what I like, the pilot with a "fine" piloting will always be fast, with a good setup it will be faster still, however in Pcars2 the setup allows pilots with less talent go faster than others with more talent. I've been in Pcars2 for over a year and I've really enjoyed competing, I came from GT Sport and you can already imagine the change that it meant, now I've noticed the same change from Pcars2 to AC, it's like night to day. Here I leave my settings, try them and tell me. FFB - 100% Kerb FFB - 50% Road FFB - 30% Slip FFB - 0% Understeer Effects - off Use H-shifter - off. And of course, I use the cockpit view, Field of view - 50 ° Virtual wheel rotation limit - 540 °

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
Pretty much the same for me. Generally interested but a lot depends on the schedule. Also I did have massive issues with lag and stuttering the last time we tried to run an AC league so I would need to run in some test races before the actual start of the season.
As I have been informed, AC is less demanding with the connection, I know of people who have connected the Wi-Fi of their PS4 to their phone and AC has not expelled it from the lobby, luckily here in AOR compulsory connection tests are done in the servers and as a last resort there is no visual image, someone could try to avoid these connection tests asking another person with better connection to perform the test and send the capture, therefore if you notice an important lag that causes discomfort to the rest of pilots, it's as easy as asking politely to leave the championship. If we act honestly there should be no problems. A greeting.

The_Kaiser-MSc

5 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
2 summers ago in the Italian community where I participated, we tried to do tournaments but objectively it is difficult because the AC online is very poor, sometimes not even giving the order of arrival at the end of the race with all the gaps. The tightness of the lobby is good, but for those who have to manage the "bureaucracy" of the game, making rankings etc it takes a lot of time to devote and a lot of patience. As driving physics is better than many simulation games, there are no better ones on consoles.If we want to test the lobby to think about what is and what is missing so as to start in a concrete way with tournaments, I am there. We try to make a full lobby, so we have more indication right away.

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
I have 50MB symmetric connection, use cable instead of Wi-Fi, on Sunday I start a GT4 championship but on Saturday I am willing to create a lobby and test the stability, anyone who is interested to let me know, the lobby password I will publish here.

Reactions: The_Kaiser-MSc

SBL_Mali

Junior Karter
Jan 11, 2018
As i said before i am interested as long as the league runs on fridays, saturdays or sundays. I have also experienced that the standings of the race results can be inaccurate sometimes but its easy to fix it U just gotta ask the drivers in the group chat if anything is suspicious in the results.

VSR_Rotary

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
[QUOTE = "VSR Thomasethan, post: 755263, miembro: 33665"]
Le di una oportunidad a Assetto Corsa, y con mi G29, se siente muy descuidado, como la respuesta de los vehículos es bastante naf, parece que el auto está flotando incluso con un 100% de FFB. Me interesa esto, pero necesito jugar más el juego y configurar la rueda un poco más
[/CITAR]
At first the same thing happened to me, I also use a G29 and it felt very soft, I have very big hands and the hoop looked like a toy, then I changed the settings of the FFB and now I feel all the reactions of the car with a resistance to the turn good that allows me to know at all times where the steering axis and the drive shaft, the sensations are incredible. On the other hand the physics of AC have nothing to do with those of Pcars2, to drive fast you have to draw very fine in the right place, as soon as the line is drawn the car slides as in reality, the tires overheat and you do not give 3 curves in a row, Pcars2 is a simulator that benefits the hotlapers, drivers who in the race force the pace lap after lap, "overconduce", making the car skid without losing control only because the physical (more similar to an arcade) of Pcars2 they allow it, in AC that does not happen and that is precisely what I like, the pilot with a "fine" piloting will always be fast, with a good setup it will be faster still, however in Pcars2 the setup allows pilots with less talent go faster than others with more talent. I've been in Pcars2 for over a year and I've really enjoyed competing, I came from GT Sport and you can already imagine the change that it meant, now I've noticed the same change from Pcars2 to AC, it's like night to day. Here I leave my settings, try them and tell me. FFB - 100% Kerb FFB - 50% Road FFB - 30% Slip FFB - 0% Understeer Effects - off Use H-shifter - off. And of course, I use the cockpit view, Field of view - 50 ° Virtual wheel rotation limit - 540 °
Alright, i'll gave those a try soon, thanks. Yes i agree, it seems to be a lot more fine and slow placed almost, it maybe down to my lack of experience but i didn't feel like i could just throw a car in a floor it out, the GT3 cars have a smaller window of control than compared to PC2. But the sounds of the car, the kerbs the rattling of the suspension i just love all that stuff

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Hello everyone , we are trying to promote a GT3 league in this simulator , the continuous problems , disconnections and changes in the level of grip between sessions in Pcars2 are discouraging drivers and perhaps this is the time to change the air.

Here in AC there is no "retransmission mode" but let´s face it , in tier 2-3-4-5 and 6 it is not retransmitted so it should not a be a problem.
AC is a much more demanding simulator and therefore we should or should take this championship much more seriously.

Anyone who is interested in participating , please confirm your interés in this thread , would be grateful for any type of feedback that helps the creation of the Championship.

Thank you very much and Greetings.

@Archil
@carwl1986
@EPRacing_Sandro
@ESR_InFect
@ESR_theschmid
@ESR_MimTurbo
@vectro666
@Gazza
@igor55
@Jarryd Vermeulen
@kieranrp
@The_Kaiser-MSc
@scld1808
@CmcD
@VSR Davidben
@VSR Thomasethan
@VSR_Jake
@Noxvi
@Salter14
@bax
@Big-Kid-Daddy
@Camo_C
@C-FOGARTY
@GohstvanHunter
@GUNNERGAMBLE
@Martynvr
@pcsolima
@Brufro
@MATARANG
@SBL_Mali
@007_prof3ssional
@Chiraq
@Bmwer445
@Stephan
@Mhill
@biba99
@chikano
@danjbirch
@PRG_FrankForest
@Jannutz
@Meester_Bond_WHG
@ILRT_NICK-NITRO
@Prehn
@robsterf1
@SCHWANTZ3493
@Slicker
@pyrates
@Wimstradamus
@Chechum
@Warm_Beer
@alanmclarenbr
@Rashid
@kubczyns
@Teix7
@Marz123
@blairmann99
I'm very interested. And I am done with PC2 I have no intentions to going back to league racing on that game. I've tried the cars but I think BOP is gonna be a bit of an issue.

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
As i said before i am interested as long as the league runs on fridays, saturdays or sundays. I have also experienced that the standings of the race results can be inaccurate sometimes but its easy to fix it U just gotta ask the drivers in the group chat if anything is suspicious in the results.
I did not know about that problem, thanks for the contribution (y)

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
I'm very interested. And I am done with PC2 I have no intentions to going back to league racing on that game. I've tried the cars but I think BOP is gonna be a bit of an issue.
I am also worried about the BOP, last Sunday I was testing with setup fixed to get better conclusions, I have to try several cars but if it is true that there are some small differences, maybe I'm wrong but I think it's due to the year of manufacturing, in Audi for example there is only 1 year difference between the LMS and the ULTRA LMS with similar performance but in McLaren, the MP4-12C is seen to be 1sg slower, in this week I will finish testing them all and once concluded I want test the fuel consumption and tire wear, because it would be interesting to open strategies in the box, 1 stop with hard compound or 2 stops with soft compound ... or who knows what the average compound will be capable of, more possibilities = more uncertainty = more emotion :love:

Reactions: MATARANG and Noxvi

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
I am also worried about the BOP, last Sunday I was testing with setup fixed to get better conclusions, I have to try several cars but if it is true that there are some small differences, maybe I'm wrong but I think it's due to the year of manufacturing, in Audi for example there is only 1 year difference between the LMS and the ULTRA LMS with similar performance but in McLaren, the MP4-12C is seen to be 1sg slower, in this week I will finish testing them all and once concluded I want test the fuel consumption and tire wear, because it would be interesting to open strategies in the box, 1 stop with hard compound or 2 stops with soft compound ... or who knows what the average compound will be capable of, more possibilities = more uncertainty = more emotion :love:
Kudos to you for doing all this work mate. (y)

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
Good Morning.
As you already know I intend to promote a GT3 League here in Assetto.

I am willing to help in everything that is in my power, being host, testing and preparing the track conditions and configuration of the lobby, to lighten the work of the coordinators.
But before continuing I need to solve a doubt that for me (I suppose for many too) is very important, what measures are going to be adopted with drivers who do not attend the races (DNS), who leave the lobbies (DSC) and that they park their car in the box when the result is not to their liking (DNF)?
It is an important issue because not only distorts the competition, but it is a lack of respect for the organization and other drivers, besides giving bad image to the championship.

I do not know who is responsible for making these decisions, so I will mention the current coordinators and ask them to please convey my concern to the appropriate people.
@VSR Davidben @Big-Kid-Daddy @PRG_FrankForest @GohstvanHunter @ILRT_NICK-NITRO @Michel--NL

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.
Greetings.

Reactions: The_Kaiser-MSc

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I think if the driver clearly has no chance of recovering from a smash for instance, and they retire safely to pits without leaving lobby, that’s fine.

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
That situation would seem to me correct if, for example, only the top 10 finishers obtained points, but the current scoring system awards points to all the drivers who finish the race on the track. It gives the impression that some pilots only finish the races when they can fight for the victories, in my opinion it is a very ugly gesture since other pilots break their car by mistake or by others and still repair their car and continue. So that we understand each other, if they do not want to compete unless their result is favorable to them, then they should not be allowed, since they are occupying a place that another more committed driver could take advantage of, such as reserve pilots.

Reactions: PhoenixNightrain

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
That situation would seem to me correct if, for example, only the top 10 finishers obtained points, but the current scoring system awards points to all the drivers who finish the race on the track. It gives the impression that some pilots only finish the races when they can fight for the victories, in my opinion it is a very ugly gesture since other pilots break their car by mistake or by others and still repair their car and continue. So that we understand each other, if they do not want to compete unless their result is favorable to them, then they should not be allowed, since they are occupying a place that another more committed driver could take advantage of, such as reserve pilots.
I see your point but sometimes there is more to it - for example last night, I’d been working all day and I have a physical job, so it’s extremely tiring - I got taken out by an incident involving multiple cars, then a pit issue meant my wets were put rather than just my damage being fixed. I tried for a few more laps to see what I could manage but by lap 4 I was 2 mins behind and about to be lapped, so I retired - but properly, by driving to the pits and not exiting the lobby. It didn’t affect anyone else’s race, the stability of the lobby, and I think when it come from an otherwise reliable driver who doesn’t make a habit of it it’s entirely fair enough. People who disappear instantly as soon as they’re damaged and behind or “rage quit” is not the same thing, and drivers should be warned about / penalised for that sort of thing.