PS4 - AOR AC S4 - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR AC S4 - Main Thread

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
I also understand your point of view but not all act with honesty, it is very easy to pull the cable and say that your connection was taken out of the lobby, it is very easy to say that you were disconnected the wheel base, in the Daytona Road race happened that just to @VSR_Jake but it was clearly seen on his onboard stream how his car's engine even stopped, how can we know with certainty that it's true if we had not seen his stream? Strong rules are needed to obtain commitment since the lack of commitment discourages other drivers and those rules need to be applied. It is not nice to have to question the honesty of the drivers but here they have seen many things, I have been competing for 2 seasons in AOR and my patience is exhausted, so I want to know how to act in this matter, because if the situation does not change I will be forced to look for other championships.

• Agree
Reactions: Noxvi

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
If they dsc, that’s different but if they just retire to pits, having driven their car there, I think that’s ok once in a while,to put it simply. Otherwise I agree with you on everything.

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
How is this Assetto Corsa league coming along? Roughly when is it gonna happen?

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
It’s hard to properly police it - I mean, some people will just get disconnected and be gutted about it - happened to me on my first race at brands, booted me out soon as we finished qualifying and went to grid - you can’t accuse someone of lying about it unless they have a pattern of doing it after fairly minor incidents without attempting to carry on first, in those cases I think it would quite clear that it was rage quitting rather than a genuine problem or good enough reason to retire, hit drivers retiring should not be disconnecting too - so that’s one rule we can have already...

If you are involved in an incident and severely damaged, you MUST pit for repairs and/or carry on for at least 5 laps (?) before retiring, in which case you must drive safely to pits if possible to retire, NOT disconnect / exit the lobby. If a driver exits the lobby after retiring to pits more than twice, they will have to miss qualifying for the next round (?)

The ?’s are to note that these points are just suggestions on this from me, and are of course up for debate. Just my idea on how to manage it so far, very interest to hear everyone else’s thoughts.

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
I am going to express myself with total sincerity.
I am aware that I take SimRacing with much more seriousness than most and that sometimes I make the mistake of believing that most people think the same way.
I just read the regulation, article 4 details the possible penalties regarding the lack of attendance at the races, only 3 absences are allowed but if they are notified in advance there is no sanction, it would only be included in the blacklist if no such absences are reported.
Take the car to box and stop competing does not say anything and in my opinion, there is the error. Even notifying the absence in advance there is always a reason, but it has no relevance because when the reason has to do with the private life of the driver no one has the right to question that.
We all accept the commitment when we sign up, it is reflected in the regulations, therefore, if we do not have the certainty of being able to attend then we should not register. If we do not have the right to question the personal affairs of each driver then each driver should accept that the reasons for the absences are not taken into account, whatever that may be, that is the only way to be fair to each driver and that the championship is not is distorted by absences.
I doubt anyone would consider modifying the regulation because today article 4 is not being applied, according to article 4 right now should be excluded from the competition :
2 drivers in tier 1
3 conductors in tier 2
5 conductors in tier 3
8 conductors in tier 4
4 conductors in tier 5
6 conductors in tier 6, assuming they have not informed in advance.
If only 2 absences were allowed including DNS DSC DNF the drivers included in the blacklist would be:
9 in tier 1
11 in tier 2
9 in tier 3
13 in tier 4
12 in tier 5
11 in tier 6.

The difference It's huge, the data is very hard to accept but it's totally true. Sincerely, without the application of a forceful norm it is impossible that the registered drivers demonstrate their commitment.

Greetings.

Reactions: MATARANG

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
I am going to express myself with total sincerity.
I am aware that I take SimRacing with much more seriousness than most and that sometimes I make the mistake of believing that most people think the same way.
I just read the regulation, article 4 details the possible penalties regarding the lack of attendance at the races, only 3 absences are allowed but if they are notified in advance there is no sanction, it would only be included in the blacklist if no such absences are reported.
Take the car to box and stop competing does not say anything and in my opinion, there is the error. Even notifying the absence in advance there is always a reason, but it has no relevance because when the reason has to do with the private life of the driver no one has the right to question that.
We all accept the commitment when we sign up, it is reflected in the regulations, therefore, if we do not have the certainty of being able to attend then we should not register. If we do not have the right to question the personal affairs of each driver then each driver should accept that the reasons for the absences are not taken into account, whatever that may be, that is the only way to be fair to each driver and that the championship is not is distorted by absences.
I doubt anyone would consider modifying the regulation because today article 4 is not being applied, according to article 4 right now should be excluded from the competition :
2 drivers in tier 1
3 conductors in tier 2
5 conductors in tier 3
8 conductors in tier 4
4 conductors in tier 5
6 conductors in tier 6, assuming they have not informed in advance.
If only 2 absences were allowed including DNS DSC DNF the drivers included in the blacklist would be:
9 in tier 1
11 in tier 2
9 in tier 3
13 in tier 4
12 in tier 5
11 in tier 6.

The difference It's huge, the data is very hard to accept but it's totally true. Sincerely, without the application of a forceful norm it is impossible that the registered drivers demonstrate their commitment.

Greetings.
I entirely agree - I’m in tier 4, and it sucks when you come actually a respectable 8-12th or something, as often that is last due to the drop out drivers reducing the field. Well, we can implement it more harshly for the AC league, not ignore it to be kind - however I think we would have it better as many of us are considering those new league for exactly those reasons. No shows with no attempts to notify anyone should be penalised, then dsq’s if it happens too much and their spot offered to reserve drivers where available. We could say we only accept people into the league - if they’ve raced before that is - who can show they have a reliability rating over say 70% or something? That way we’d only really be concerned with completely new drivers who join, and all would be facing the penalties mentioned above.

I’m new to league racing but not to sim racing, and therefore also take it seriously, so I have no problem making it perhaps a bit more harsh rules wise than other leagues, especially when trying to get it going, as drop outs / quitters would kill it before it began otherwise.

Reactions: JeroCalleja_SPA

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
Hello everyone, after some conversations I have been informed that the new league in AC will not be with GT3, it has been prepared and will be published soon, so you can enjoy this great simulator.

Unfortunately, my interest is in the GT3 and I have decided to look for another place to compete with my favorite category, the GT3.

Good luck to all and greetings.

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
“Been informed”? Thought we were discussing towards a group decision on things, but clearly not. Oh well, guess I’ll just plod along with PC2 then and hope for the best. Nice chatting about it with you all, even though it’s apparently been completely pointless lol :LOL:

Reactions: JeroCalleja_SPA

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
That's right, AOR's coordination is going to offer us a competition in AC and we have to thank you, as you can see, they put their trust in me to coordinate this new league but unfortunately this competition is not what I'm looking for, but I'm sure that most will like it since previously a GT3 league was tried but did not receive the necessary interest on the part of the pilots to be carried out, you can see in this subforum of AC. Friend, the opinion of the majority is the one that sends ;)

Reactions: MATARANG

SBL_Mali

Junior Karter
Jan 11, 2018
Well this is just dumb. Why would they decide what we are going to drive? Its us driving, not them. We should be deciding what to drive. I definitely had interest to do a GT3 championship but i dont have interest to drive what they want.

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
Any updates on this yet? Season 12’s finished now and if this isn’t getting setup it’s be good to know if/if not so I can look at what else to get involved with and prep for etc. Cheers.