XB1 - AOR AC Season 1 - Round 2 Nurburgring GP (31/08/17 - 8PM BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR AC Season 1 - Round 2 Nurburgring GP (31/08/17 - 8PM BST)

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Q: 4
R: 1

Lets start with the analysis of the track evolution. As I started practice the temperature was at 16° and the grip at 95% as I remember. As the practice went on the track gets better and better, so that we ended up with 30° and 100% at the end of the practice (session was 2hours). I didn't check the circumstances at the Quali or Race but I think we have to evaluate the track evolution and find a proper solution as those weren't the conditions they supposed to. Probably I have to make an extra lobby for practice and start a new one when we are going into qualifying.
What do you guys think?
In Qualifying I improved my lap from practice by around half a second but I couldn't really bring a whole lap together so I started P4.

Race Report:
This time everybody got a fairly clean start and I took it very easy at the first corner because I knew that it will be hard for everybody not to loose the back in 28 laps. I was well on the outside and saw @FTW ChaosTheory @ricco293 and @iBreMbo going 3-wide into the first corner. As I am driving in dash cam I couldn't really see what happened. At first I thought @ricco293 turned into chaos on his inside and bounced back into brembo on his outside. I couldn't see if there was any further contact.
Nevertheless I was going around the outside of this mess but couldn't avoid Brembo facing the wrong way out of T1 giving me a little damage at the right side. Coming out of the Mercedes Arena I was in 4th again defending against @Chrismk360 and well behind @ricco293 @FTW ChaosTheory and @Bless Fade
Ricco went straight into the pits after Lap1 and I was able to outpace the two guys in front. As I was in the chat with chaos he told me to overtake, so that I can pull him back onto bless fade.
Bless fade was taking some really weired lines into some corners but we managed to keep it clean and had a really nice battle where I came out on top.
As I saw @iBreMbo in P4 setting one fastest lap after another I tried to ran away as much as I was able. Sadly after some laps I did make a mistake at the exit of the mercedes arena and some times later another one where I spun at the fuc... chicane.
After another great battle with bless I was in second behind brembo but had no chance to follow him as he was about half a second faster than me each lap.
As he said he made a mistake in the chicane around lap 20 which put me in the lead again. From there on it was alien- sweat mode engaged as I was so desperate to win at my home race. He was wright at my bumber for the last several laps and I defended like crazy. @iBreMbo sorry for the incidend on the start finish straight, I simply missjudged the distance and didn't realize that you were nearly beside me. Other than that it was a clean and epic fight for the win. We were going side by side on several corners but I managed to defend my lead. In the last lap @iBreMbo made a dive into the second left in the mercedes arena and hit me slightly at the back which spun him out I think. I managed to make the corner though and came out on top.
Finally a win at the Nürburgring!!!

Thank you for everyone participating. This league is a hell of a lot fun!

@EP3 Murphy I send you all the screenshots regarding the results via xbox

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Qualifying Session: 8th
Thanks to @GSR tobination for pad settings ;)
I dont know why but Online Session is faster than Offline Session. My best was 2:07.1 and last night 2:04.7 :confused: Anyway good lap for me, the same lap that Tobi said here, so it's ok, only few tenths from P7 ;) PB in the very last attempt and after very fast in the pit for the full tank!

Racing Session: 9th
I started well, some incidents in turn1 and little contact with Tobi. My racepace wasn't very fast but regular and constant without mistakes. So I was able to stay with the 2nd part of the group. Issues for @iBreMbo and @ricco293 and when they came to me, I not forced because I would have cost too much time. In mid race there was a fight for P6 between @Chrismk360 @David Lopes @GSR tobination and Me. Very close fight and at some point at the end of main straight little mistake for Tobi that hit me (I saw your stream last night ;)) So now it's only me vs Tobi for P8. After that spun for me at Michael-Schumacher-S and during this I think I touched Tobi that spun. I saw you slowed down maybe to give back the position but I slowed down too ;) :) unfortunately not in the group chat so we couldn't talk so misunderstanding. After a few laps same spun for Tobi and 5s of gap between me and him. In the next last laps little mistakes for me and gravel-time, and Tobi overtake me. P9 at the end at only 2s from Tobi, pad-driver like me ;)

This time was better than 1st race. Difficult e not good in general but better ;) I was able to stay with the 2nd group and I was able to fight (y) Intense race (y) Cheers to all and see ya at Zaandvort, I like this track, we'll see ;)

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
I dont know why but Online Session is faster than Offline Session.
This is the track evolution thing. When you practice alone the grip doesn't improve that much, but when there are 10 cars practicing for 2 hours the grip obviously improves a lot.

• Informative
Reactions: Wizard

Wizard

Mar 20, 2014
This is the track evolution thing. When you practice alone the grip doesn't improve that much, but when there are 10 cars practicing for 2 hours the grip obviously improves a lot.
So when I will try alone to practice at Zandvoort in online session, Will I be slower? That's not good because you can't have info about your laps :(
Maybe in the online session alone is different, how was your laptime last night? better, worst or equal than your practice session?

Wizard

Mar 20, 2014
Lets start with the analysis of the track evolution. As I started practice the temperature was at 16° and the grip at 95% as I remember. As the practice went on the track gets better and better, so that we ended up with 30° and 100% at the end of the practice (session was 2hours). I didn't check the circumstances at the Quali or Race but I think we have to evaluate the track evolution and find a proper solution as those weren't the conditions they supposed to. Probably I have to make an extra lobby for practice and start a new one when we are going into qualifying.
What do you guys think?
In Qualifying I improved my lap from practice by around half a second but I couldn't really bring a whole lap together so I started P4.
I don't know, for me it's ok

Reactions: seppel165

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
So when I will try alone to practice at Zandvoort in online session, Will I be slower? That's not good because you can't have info about your laps :(
Maybe in the online session alone is different, how was your laptime last night? better, worst or equal than your practice session?
I improved a lot over the session. Don't know if because of the track evolution though. I didn't practice that much before the race. This is something we might have to get used to seeing livetrack 3.0 in PC2

• Informative
Reactions: Wizard

Wizard

Mar 20, 2014
I improved a lot over the session. Don't know if because of the track evolution though. I didn't practice that much before the race. This is something we might have to get used to seeing livetrack 3.0 in PC2
When we understand very well how this works, it will be ok ;)

Murphy

AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Oct 14, 2016
Results now updated after round 2....have also updated the table with the correct points.

Round 3 at Zandvoort thread now open also