XB1 - AOR AC Season 2 - Round 5 Nürburgring Nordschleife combined (RE-RUN 19/04/18 - 8pm BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR AC Season 2 - Round 5 Nürburgring Nordschleife combined (RE-RUN 19/04/18 - 8pm BST)

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
I was thinking I'm destined not to win a race in AC another poor start but managed to get in the lead after Burnout spun and was building a gap about to do my fastest lap and then........:banghead:

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Also my damn throttle pedal has started sticking again ( Logitech G920), it started a couple of days ago and is starting to get wors , this is now the second time this has happened with two wheel and pedal sets, I took my 1st wheel back to the shops around xmas time I had had that one about a year and a half but this one I have only had about 4 months, the clutch on this set never went down 100% but I could live with that ,didn't expect to have to take it back again so soon:mad:, lucky there is a 2 year guarantee so I'll keep using that until I get a different wheel, any advice on which wheel would be appreciated (y):)

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
I think I had got back to 8th not a good race for me.
Yeah its a hard track that's for sure mate, I was pleased with how I was driving today no real mistakes, just gutted not to get to finish what would hopefully have been my first win in AC and particularly with it been such a hard track to win at. Ah well there is always next time buddy, see you Wednesday :)(y)

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Yeah its a hard track that's for sure mate, I was pleased with how I was driving today no real mistakes, just gutted not to get to finish what would hopefully have been my first win in AC and particularly with it been such a hard track to win at. Ah well there is always next time buddy, see you Wednesday :)(y)
Actualy, you can still be the winner.

● If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.

Font: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-ac-season-1-information-thread.23838/#post-405330

Since the mass disconnection happen on the final of lap 4 (out of 7), you might just won the race! ;)

We need to wait and see...

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016

● If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.

Font: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-ac-season-1-information-thread.23838/#post-405330

Since the mass disconnection happen on the final of lap 4 (out of 7), you might just won the race! ;)

Technically it wasn't half distance, because the laps count. We had 3 out of 7 laps completed. As I said in the party yesterday the race will be re-run next week and every other race will be pushed on week further. If the mass-disconnect happens again before 50% of the race is completed the race will be cancelled.

@FTW ChaosTheory @Rich 1701 @Chiraq @EVR Burnout @EVR Rapidz @AOR Benjamin @George @p4thos @David Lopes @Stratis Ferrari

Last edited:
Reactions: p4thos

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
@seppel165, I wasn't on the party, so I didn't know your decision. For that, I'm sorry if I confused people. Also, I didn't see that coming, since I didn't find any rule that stated that only full (complete) laps counts.

Anyway, I'm very happy with your decision, as I do prefear to repeat the entire race! BTW, I't will be a complete re-run?

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
@seppel165, I wasn't on the party, so I didn't know your decision. For that, I'm sorry if I confused people. Also, I didn't see that coming, since I didn't find any rule that stated that only full (complete) laps counts.

Anyway, I'm very happy with your decision, as I do prefear to repeat the entire race! BTW, I't will be a complete re-run?
Only completed laps count for race distance, which is a little confusing in case of the Nordschleife tbh, as it is so long.

We discussed the following possibilities:

- instant follow up with 3/4 laps
- re run next week
- re run after the season (which is normally option 1)

First option was declined because it would have been difficult (impossible) to replicate all the cirumstances. (e.g. tire wear, damage, gaps...)
So we had to choose between option 2 and 3. As I don't wanted to have the Nordschleife be a potential title decider everybody agreed to the stated decision.

Yes, it will be a complete re-run with 30mins Quali and 7 race laps.

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Can you explain why there is no half points?
Rich completed lap 4 out of 7. So he completed over half of the race distance?

I don’t know if it is a good idea to re run this.

• Informative

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016

All of the remaining drivers have to have more than 50% of the laps completed. Even @Rich 1701 wasn't over the line at the time of the DSC. In our case we would have to take the result of the last completed lap, which is lap 3 which is not 50%.
Why don't you want to rerun it tho?
If everybody doesn't want to rerun we can cancel it, but without any points. Stated to the AOR Rules we would have to rerun it after the last race.

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018

All of the remaining drivers have to have more than 50% of the laps completed. Even @Rich 1701 wasn't over the line at the time of the DSC. In our case we would have to take the result of the last completed lap, which is lap 3 which is not 50%.
If everybody doesn't want to rerun we can cancel it, but without any points. Stated to the AOR Rules we would have to rerun it after the last race.
If we have to re run then I will but have to admit I'm kind of with Chiraq on this, mainly because I was winning and driving well because now if I don't win next week and drive like a c*** which is entirely possible knowing me and knowing how hard it is to win at the Nurburgring, I'm gunna have 2 weeks to dwell on it ( I go on holiday next Friday the 20th to the following Friday the 27th so will miss a race in both AC and Project cars 2). But I will do whatever you guys want as I'm not in the championship fight:)

Last edited:

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018

Thanks mate I like your thinking(y) was hoping this myself:), well more like praying this was the case lol....... but now I know it is not:cry:

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
I must be fair and speak my mind: @Chiraq clearly has a point, because I can't find anywere that only the complete laps counts to determine the percentage of the race completed. Also, I can't find anywere that all the player need to complete a lap so that It counts to determine the percentage of the race completed. If those rules exist, please show me.

Don't get me wrong, but I sincerely think that we can't just simply fill the rules gaps as we see fit (I insist: don't get me wrong!). Race was clearly over 50%, that is a fact, and no tecnical assessment can change'it. As you can see in the video I published, I was 5th, immediactly followed by another racer, and the mass disconnect ocur when we entered Döttinger Höhe, meaning four players were ahead of me, meaning they all were way over 50% of lap 4, meaning at least six players were way over 50% of lap 4, meaning more than half the players were way over 50% of lap 4 and the entire race.

Anyway, I respect whatever decision you guys make! (y)

I think it had nothing to do about what @Chiraq wants, but about the rules. Actualy, if it was, we could all ask the oposite: Why do you want to rerun it?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Chiraq