XB1 - AOR AC Season 2 - Round 5 Nürburgring Nordschleife combined (RE-RUN 19/04/18 - 8pm BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR AC Season 2 - Round 5 Nürburgring Nordschleife combined (RE-RUN 19/04/18 - 8pm BST)

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
The driver leading the race should be the reference point in this case. I mean what if someone is still on lap 3 while everyone else is on lap 6? He didn't complete half of the race?
To be fair, two drivers I think completed lap 4 or were about to do so I think it is fair enough that we completed half of the race distance.
It is better if we let this round count with half points and move on instead of moving this at the end of season. You never know what happens. What if Seb disconnects and loses the championship what if we mass dsc at lap 2? I think we can count ourselves lucky that we even made it this far.
It is a shame of course that we couldn't complete the race, I had so much fun on the track I even chased the laptimes after the race and got a lot better. Of course I want to have a proper race on this track, but maybe we should continue with the season instead of trying to re-run this round and maybe get disappointed again.

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
The driver leading the race should be the reference point in this case. I mean what if someone is still on lap 3 while everyone else is on lap 6? He didn't complete half of the race?
To be fair, two drivers I think completed lap 4 or were about to do so I think it is fair enough that we completed half of the race distance.
It is better if we let this round count with half points and move on instead of moving this at the end of season. You never know what happens. What if Seb disconnects and loses the championship what if we mass dsc at lap 2? I think we can count ourselves lucky that we even made it this far.
It is a shame of course that we couldn't complete the race, I had so much fun on the track I even chased the laptimes after the race and got a lot better. Of course I want to have a proper race on this track, but maybe we should continue with the season instead of trying to re-run this round and maybe get disappointed again.
I agree what is to say it doesn't happen again and have to re-run again? which would be bad for me as I'm on holiday the following week, and lets say I'm lucky enough to be leading again 2nd time round I then wouldn't get the chance to race again a 3rd time, this is obviously a selfish view point but in theory we could end up running it for another 2+ weeks if there is some sort of issue with this track combo online.

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Important notice:

I had a proper chat with the other COD's in the COD-Forum and everybody agreed, that the wording in the rules is a little bit missleading.
Nevertheless, it is like it is in every racing series of the world. In case of an abandonned race (red flag irl, or mass disconnection in our case) the result from the last completed lap is the result. It counts the lap which all drivers in the lead lap completed. This is the 3rd lap in our case. Obviously there is no reason to count the race with half points as we didn't had 50% of the laps completed.
Conclusion is: The race will be rerun this Thursday (19th april) on full distance.
If we have a mass disconnection again before 50% of the laps completed, the race will be cancelled and accounted with 0 points for all.

According to the rules, which you all agreed on, this is the only possibility.

We have to admit that wording in the rules is a little bit missleading but the rules will be adjusted from distance to laps as it is clearer for such cases. This never was an issue before but obviously the Nordschleife with it's length is special.

@Chiraq @Rich 1701 @FTW ChaosTheory @p4thos @David Lopes @Giolele93 @Giolele @EVR Burnout @EVR Rapidz @John Coughlan @George @AOR Benjamin @Maj Dope @Stratis Ferrari @Chrismk360 @StubbornGymnast @AVERAGE SHARPIE

• Informative
Reactions: Rapidz 6 and Chiraq

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Ok, issue solved.

@seppel165 BTW, last time the lobby weather conditions didn't match the established on the calendar thread: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-ac-season-2-calendar-thread.29653/

If I'm not mistaken, the lobby weather conditions was set to "light clouds" or "heavy clouds". On the re-run, it will be set to "light fog", as pre-determined?
Yeah I noticed that also so practice is a waste of time if it's not the same conditions, so can @seppel165 confirm the weather conditions are as stated on the 1st page please, Thanks in advance:)
Edit: see below for what 1st page states the conditions will be
● Conditions
Weather: light clouds
Time: 12:00
Temp: 13°C
Grip: Fast

Last edited:

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Important notice:

I had a proper chat with the other COD's in the COD-Forum and everybody agreed, that the wording in the rules is a little bit missleading.
Nevertheless, it is like it is in every racing series of the world. In case of an abandonned race (red flag irl, or mass disconnection in our case) the result from the last completed lap is the result. It counts the lap which all drivers in the lead lap completed. This is the 3rd lap in our case. Obviously there is no reason to count the race with half points as we didn't had 50% of the laps completed.
Conclusion is: The race will be rerun this Thursday (19th april) on full distance.
If we have a mass disconnection again before 50% of the laps completed, the race will be cancelled and accounted with 0 points for all.

According to the rules, which you all agreed on, this is the only possibility.

We have to admit that wording in the rules is a little bit missleading but the rules will be adjusted from distance to laps as it is clearer for such cases. This never was an issue before but obviously the Nordschleife with it's length is special.

@Chiraq @Rich 1701 @FTW ChaosTheory @p4thos @David Lopes @Giolele93 @Giolele @EVR Burnout @EVR Rapidz @John Coughlan @George @AOR Benjamin @Maj Dope @Stratis Ferrari @Chrismk360 @StubbornGymnast @AVERAGE SHARPIE
Thanks for confirming mate I will try and get some practice in now I know we definitely re-running it, 1 positive for me about the re-run is that I was due to miss Imola on the 26th because of me holiday but now that has been moved to the following week I get the chance to run it :), I'm not so bothered to miss Magione, anyway good luck everyone on Thursday

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Yeah I noticed that also so practice is a waste of time if it's not the same conditions, so can @seppel165 confirm the weather conditions are as stated on the 1st page please, Thanks in advance:)
Edit: see below for what 1st page states the conditions will be
● Conditions
Weather: light clouds
Time: 12:00
Temp: 13°C
Grip: Fast
Yes I noticed it as well.

@FTW ChaosTheory please make sure to set it to light fog and 13°C

Last edited:

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
my fault. Updated opening post and #67
Nice one thought I must have imagined seeing it was light fog, I knew i'd seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where to find the above info lol, I did some practice yesterday but it was light clouds:banghead: so lap times again probably won't be the same but even so I did a race weekend with the AI to try and replicate what we will be doing, so set the track conditions to fast and 13 degrees etc but practice session was only 20 minutes and quali was only 10 minutes so basically an out lap for quali ( couldn't be bothered to do an hour practice and half hour quali) but even so the grip for the race was at 100% after those two sessions and I only did a two lap race since I already did a 7 lap one earlier, but my two laps were good I did a 8:14.1 on the second and final lap and a 8:19 first lap with 95 ltrs of fuel, I noticed that every race so far the track grip has been at 100% after the practice and quali sessions but is this the same for qualifying after practice or is it only at 98 % still? Even that 2% makes a big difference to lap time, for me its something like 4 or 5 seconds round the Nurburgring comparing the lap times I did in the 7 lap race vs the 2 lap one :unsure:

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
The conditions doesn't matter that much in AC. It is basically only a visual thing if it is light clouds or light fog. The temperature is set seperatly anyways.
Gripis a thing of its own. Even after 2 years AC I can't understand how it works. I think if you have several sessions set, i.e. practice quali followed by a race the grip is 100% from the second session on.

Reactions: Rich 1701

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
The conditions doesn't matter that much in AC. It is basically only a visual thing if it is light clouds or light fog. The temperature is set seperatly anyways.
Gripis a thing of its own. Even after 2 years AC I can't understand how it works. I think if you have several sessions set, i.e. practice quali followed by a race the grip is 100% from the second session on.
Thanks Sep :) that should help me in practice laps without AI I can just set the grip to optimum so save time waiting for the track to grip up.

I have noticed that heavy cloud vs clear for example effects track temperature when set to say 20 degrees air temp in a clear sky the track temp will be higher like 28 or something vs heavy cloud the track temp will be less than air temp like 15 or something( don't know exact temperatures off top of my head but just as an example ) I noticed this when doing some laps round Brands Hatch I was trying to match some of the conditions I'd seen on the RSR leaderboard, I still can't believe that after a couple of years playing this game on and off, I'm still figuring things out like this above and I saw an interesting video by Aris one of the AC guys talking about setups and how to use the setup screen menu on the left, I'm not the most observant person in the world so little things like this amaze me lol

Reactions: seppel165

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
@Rich 1701 based on this thread, ambient and tracks temperatures aren't working normally in online lobbies.

I'm not sure, but I think if you practice Nordschleife Endurance CUP offline, with light fog, 13º temperature and fast grip, you get 97% grip. If you pratice online with same conditions, grip is 100%.

Just don't ask me why... Maybe it's "lap gain" as stated on this thread... Anyway, best to allways pratice online, unless you want to practice against the AI.

Last edited:

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Hi guy's, @seppel165 , sorry I couldn't make it last night long story short I gave my Dad a lift to pick up his new car only for the bank to screw up which left us in the dealership for hours and still didn't end up bringing the car home. So today we have to try again but I also have work to sort out before I go away tomorrow so fingers crossed I can race tonight, will be gutted to miss it. Will let you all know if I can't make it.

P.S who won last night by the way?

• Informative

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Ok thanks Sep, thats the championship gone for me now since I'm missing next week as well, sadly can't make tonight either as I have only just got home from taking me dad to get his car and now I have to get straight off to go and do the work that needs doing before I go away, which is another 60 mile round trip:(. Bit gutted to miss this re-run cause I could have had a good battle for the win tonight with you guys I feel it will be closer tonight after an extra week of practice for everyone, I was happy with my times, it's just a shame I can't get to compete. Anyway hope you all have a good race and I will keep an eye on what happens next week while I'm away, @seppel165 I will be back to race again on Wednesday the 2nd of May in Project cars 2 and the day after in AC so see you then:)

• Informative

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Ok thanks Sep, thats the championship gone for me now since I'm missing next week as well, sadly can't make tonight either as I have only just got home from taking me dad to get his car and now I have to get straight off to go and do the work that needs doing before I go away, which is another 60 mile round trip:(. Bit gutted to miss this re-run cause I could have had a good battle for the win tonight with you guys I feel it will be closer tonight after an extra week of practice for everyone, I was happy with my times, it's just a shame I can't get to compete. Anyway hope you all have a good race and I will keep an eye on what happens next week while I'm away, @seppel165 I will be back to race again on Wednesday the 2nd of May in Project cars 2 and the day after in AC so see you then:)
That is a shame not having you racing tonight. Still 3 races left in PCars. So don't kill your hopes too soon.

Reactions: Rich 1701

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
So, even worse this time... Server crached on qualifying...

Anyway, I'm very frustrated with this race. I was not counting on the lack of grip at the start of the race and completely destroyed my car. it's incredibly frustrating to do 8:30 laps when all week I did 8:21... and even managed to do a 8:19 qualify lap...

Then, since I did not know the time I would lose in the pits, I decided to run with the damaged car. another mistake I now know to have been stupid.

This time I feel I deserved a better place, but I have to accept the consequences of my lack of experience (that way of starting the race was completely new to me and I was surprised by the effects on the tires).

BTW, @seppel165 Next week I will not be able to participate in the race, because it's my father's birthday. I wish you all good luck!

Last edited: