XB1 - AOR AC TT CUP S4 - Round 1 - Silverstone - 29.11.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR AC TT CUP S4 - Round 1 - Silverstone - 29.11.18 @8PM UK time

GaryWasHere65

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 28, 2017
@aerosmudge -4 wing?, i set mine to 0 as going minus sounded wierd to me, does that cause rear lift? lol, new to the game a few weeks so big learning curve.

GaryWasHere65

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 28, 2017
I agree that things where a bit slow getting lobbys sorted, when i went to get into the second race there was 3 or 4 different lobbys for split 2 race 2, can we just stick with one person setting them up.

Hayden_430

One Massive Faff
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 15, 2017
I agree that things where a bit slow getting lobbys sorted, when i went to get into the second race there was 3 or 4 different lobbys for split 2 race 2, can we just stick with one person setting them up.
There was issues with that @seppel165 couldn't connect to the servers. If he could've been there then he may have been in second split and be able to host that lobby. (Not to say he's slow :LOL:)
Seppel did mention before the races yesterday to keep an eye on the forums to see the lobby lists

p4thos

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2018
@seppel165

Suggestions:

1-) I liked the format of the competition, although it is relatively complex. Considering that it takes some time to compile all the results (in qualification and race 1) and still some time to wait for the entrance of all racers in the lobbys, I suggest that the qualification time is reduced to 10m and the race time to 25m.

2-) I noticed that there was some confusion in the identification of the servers (due to multiple names). I suggest adopting names quickly identifiable and with different passwords, for example:

AOR TT Q1 - apexsil1
AOR TT Q2 - apexsil2
AOR TT R1 S1 - apexsil1
AOR TT R1 S2 - apexsil2
AOR TT R2 S1 - apexsil1
AOR TT R2 S2 - apexsil2

3-) I also noticed that split 2 was missing the party chat and in split 1 not all racers were in the party chat created... This created difficulties on the rolling start. I suggest, therefore, the appointment of a person responsible for the creation of party chats on each split... Alternatively, all players should be alerted to the need to spontaneously join party chats if they have not been invited.

Reactions: seppel165

GaryWasHere65

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 28, 2017
I recommend one person sets up both lobbys, then invites the split one guys into their lobby and sets up party and then sets up lobby 2 and invites the guys into it and sets up party. He can then rejoin his own split. Keeps it simple for everyone involved. (Too many cooks spoil the broth).............

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Lobby 1 was set up nicely. I think at the start of the season there are always some smaller issues that get solved over the course of the season.
Of course it was not ideal how lobby 2 was set up, mainly because it was my task and I was not even ready for qualifying. The problem here is: you can't know who will be in the first and who will be in the second split each week, so you got to be a bit flexible when it comes to hosting.
The problem some drivers from split 2 talk about is explained in a simple way: Assetto Corsa sometimes messes up the lobby so I had to create a new one each time with a different name because the old lobby was still active. I had to create lobbies over and over again so this is why we had around 4 different servers running.

To the race format: I don't like that fastest laps count towards lobby placement.
Why? Because if you battle you lose time. Sometimes you are stuck behind somebody for 26 laps and you can't show your full potential. Imagine a lobby 1 guy not getting beneath a 1:10 because he is constantly battling, that's not fair.
I think what we could do is let the bottom 3 go into split 2 and the podium guys go up to split 1? Or we just keep the lobbies as they are, messed up quali means less points for you this race.
Also I'd suggest standing start, I think it's better for these cars and makes the grid more compact.
What I didn't like about yesterday was the lack of communication. I was on my own with @David Lopes, and that is just two of nine drivers. We had some issues in the formation lap, a driver didn't really know which position he was in so I had to back off quite a bit to let him pass me. All in all formation lap was too quick.

The standing start procedure is simple: we qualify, you know your grid position. We will wait until everyone joined his split and then we will restart the lobbies (vote to restart). Then the timer resets and everyones drives out in his position meaning P4 should be in P4 on the track and so on. So once you cross the line in 4th you will have the 4th fastest time and so you will start the race from P4. Sounds complicated, but it is really easy.

p4thos

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2018
I think what we could do is let the bottom 3 go into split 2 and the podium guys go up to split 1?
Excellent suggestion.

Also I'd suggest standing start, I think it's better for these cars and makes the grid more compact.
How is each play going to take the place without rolling start?

Someone here has already suggested that the starting grid for Race 2 is the reverse of Race 1. It may be a good suggestion to increase competitiveness.

The standing start procedure is simple: we qualify, you know your grid position. We will wait until everyone joined his split and then we will restart the lobbies (vote to restart). Then the timer resets and everyones drives out in his position meaning P4 should be in P4 on the track and so on. So once you cross the line in 4th you will have the 4th fastest time and so you will start the race from P4. Sounds complicated, but it is really easy.
Ok, now I see. It's actually a clever idea. :)

Last edited:

dECEIT70

Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2018
It was not all that bad. The multiple lobbies for R2 L2 were the only thing that bothered/confused me actually. That has to be solved for next week obviously.
But I loved everything else: lenght of races/quali, etc. there was some battle for everyone throughout the races, fast and slow drivers alike, and that's a good thing and it holds promises of all the fun to come.

You need to give us time to adjust before changing everything!

Also: when you're fast and spin in the beginning of the race... the slowest drivers in front of you ARE NOT backmarkers and have the right to defend. Overtaking in the chicane with a dive bomb IS NOT a good idea, and NOT WAITING is not nice (and no I won't report but it was at the end of lap 19, race 1, lobby 2 for those who are curious)...