PC - AOR ACC S2 Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACC S2 Feedback Thread

JKay14

AOR ACC S3 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
Safety car would be cool... but I don’t think it’s realistic for what we do.

JKay14

AOR ACC S3 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
Yeah, but who decides if one is needed and then what happens if there’s another collision when we restart?

sellew

Formula Karter
Jul 1, 2019
Guess you have to report an incident over lets say teamspeak. But yeah, there are some challenges.

EdwardC

Formula Karter
Oct 10, 2019
One thing I really would like to see is everyone use their real names. Over the years I have found people are a little more..... cautious, respectful, when their real name is used.

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
One thing I really would like to see is everyone use their real names. Over the years I have found people are a little more..... cautious, respectful, when their real name is used.
It's one of the elements of iRacing I really like, it makes you feel like you're in an actual race weekend and not some random online lobby with a driver called p***ykiller420 trying to kill you T1 at Monza. Also, when I signed up to SRS they ask you to use your actual name for their rankings (which is why I when from Alstevens83 to my real name, just for the consistency)

Reactions: OJ Racing and krop

John Pecchia

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 25, 2018
The only thing that I would like changed is to race every other week. Some times it gets very hectic getting prepared for the next race.
All in all a very well run league with quality participants. Thank you

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
It's one of the elements of iRacing I really like, it makes you feel like you're in an actual race weekend and not some random online lobby with a driver called p***ykiller420 trying to kill you T1 at Monza. Also, when I signed up to SRS they ask you to use your actual name for their rankings (which is why I when from Alstevens83 to my real name, just for the consistency)
As much as I'd love to have this in ACC as well, seeing as the game encourages you to use your real names too, I can understand that some drivers feel sensitive to revealing their real names and/or just like using their nickname, so I don't see us forcing this. You are free to do so anyway, many of us do run their real names on ACC.

It does provide me with the additional amusement of listening to people try and pronounce mine, though.

• Funny
Reactions: TureeruT

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
As much as I'd love to have this in ACC as well, seeing as the game encourages you to use your real names too, I can understand that some drivers feel sensitive to revealing their real names and/or just like using their nickname, so I don't see us forcing this. You are free to do so anyway, many of us do run their real names on ACC.

It does provide me with the additional amusement of listening to people try and pronounce mine, though.
I know what you mean, it would be awesome to see a field with peoples actual names, but we've got to respect that not many people out there are happy with their name being out there on the internet.

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Although I didn't participate in any ACC seasons yet (only PC2), I'm a 100% committed to do so in the next one. Already have watched some of the races in the live streams. So I just feel free to give some feedback :p

but before: really looking forward to race with you guys in this massive game. But from my very limited testing for the time trials (less than 20hours in game^^) I'd be deadlast as of right now. So I guess I need to grind PC2 until it dies :poop:

• Calendar changes: 8 or 10 races
MOAR! 10! Drop week, or maybe even 2 drop weeks to compensate lack of time for some ppl. Seems to be an issue(?)
  • Rule changes: No car changes and no drop races with out loss of points (S2 was factored in because of the update)
Just like in PC2: car change results in a loss of all points thus far accumulated, but ONE is allowed. Maybe even without losing points; but that could be exploited as some posts before me already noted.
  • Stewarding changes: Change in penalties and how to provide Stewards evidence
I took a look into some of the inquiries and boy oh boy... the racing seems to get worse in the "better" tiers. At least from the inquiries, obv that's not a hard factor.. Also way more inquiries than in PC2... I like the current system very much as I think it's very fair and easy to handle. But sometimes I ask myself "wtf why that harsh punishment?!" - I remember someone who basically was kicked out of the season based on penalty points for 4 incidents in 1 inquiry - 2 of which he definitely wasn't at fault for...
  • Race conduct changes: AOR start or in game manual start
AOR procedure all the way. But it seems that Coordinators have to tell the basic rules "130kph, 100m between cars, single file to account for weaving and braking, then from formation point on 80kph, doublefile" - lots of guys not respecting that which causes misunderstandings, even crashes/spins or unfair advantages in the starting procedure.

Absolutely do not want to see the ingame start^^
  • Miscellaneous: Weather with dynamic or static weather
Haven't spent much time wich dynamic weather, but it would be brilliant if it works - just like in real life! IF it works. Would be horrendous if the track cools down from 55° to 25°C or if it starts to rain, dry up and then all hell falls down or something^^
  • Would you buy the IGTC tracks and race them in the league?
I RECKON IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY :devilish: well jk obv, but I'd love those tracks especially, adds more variance of course. But maybe it would close others out who have no interest in buying the DLC. Although I wouldn't understand why anybody wouldn't want that, except from pricing ;D
  • Would you be able to do one 2 hour race as the last round of the league?
Definitely and yes, this would be great. Is ACC capable of forcing minimum timed pitstops, e.g. 60seconds or so? If so, everybody could stand up a bit and relax or visit the bathroom - which would be lovely during a 2hr+ race :D

• Real name discussion

well for the real name part: I personally would never use my real name in any game, same as MANY others and I would advise and heavily encourage that nobody ever does so. But I'd prefer a harsh rule that you have to at least use the same name ingame as you use on the forums. Seems to be A TON of confusion in the forums and especially in the inquiries. Also it's a lot more work for the coords! I have confused the AOR live commentators as well as coordinators and co-racers several times, bcs I change my steamname almost weekly - until I decided it would be best to just change the name prior to the races - 10 seconds "work", no one dies from it, but EVERYBODY profits - co-racers, commentators, viewers, coordinators, yourself.

Last edited:

FelixR1991

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 14, 2019
  • Calendar changes: I'd go with 8 races, 10 is a hard sell to my girlfriend :p
  • Rule changes: Keep the drop of worst result, if people are suddenly inconvenienced for one race they don't lose their title battle. Maybe give a flat bonus to people who've raced all the races if you want people to do them all.
  • Stewarding changes: that's fine right now.
  • Race conduct changes: In-game manual start.
  • Miscellaneous: DYNAMIC 100%, PRO Silverstone race was the most fun I've had. It also keeps people on their toes, and it encourages a wider preparation instead of focusing on just one strategy (and thus better race instinct).

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
[*]Calendar changes: 8 or 10 races
8 races. Longer season would be great but people tend to drop out and we end up racing with half a grid.

[*]Rule changes
Car change with some points penalty would be good. Like lose 1/3 of your points. That way you don’t get a free strategic change but can still get out if your car choice is not enjoyable anymore.

[*]Stewarding changes
As others have pointed out, the time penalties are way too short for a post race penalty. You could cost someone 60 sec time loss and get away with a 15sec penalty.

[*]Race conduct changes: AOR start or in game manual start
I like the AOR start but for some reason it doesn’t seem to work 100% in ACC. Hopefully the multiplayer improves from latest patch improved the situation.
Race etiquette in general has been good at least in Pro.

[*]Miscellaneous: Weather with dynamic or static weather
Dynamic weather with realistic weather would be best. Most of the time people know 99% certain if the race is going to be dry.

Reactions: JKay14

OJ Racing

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 30, 2019
Firstly, a massive thank you to all of the coord’s for organizing Season 2. It was very well run and a lot of fun!
  • Calendar Changes:
    • Between 8 and 10 races. If the 4 new DLC is released in time for the new season I would prefer 10 races to include each of the new tracks.
    • Would be good to perhaps include a couple of special events, such as longer endurance races, though it might be hard to make this work for different time zones.
    • It would be cool to have 2 shorter races back to back to mix it up a bit more. If you have an incident towards the start this can effectively be the end of your race, which can be rather frustrating, especially if it is a 90 minute race. There could be a quick 10 minute qualifying for the first race, with the second either in reverse championship order or reverse finishing order of the first race. Each race could award 50% of regular points.
    • Having a mid-season break would be good. 1 week without a race would be fine, as it is tough keeping-up throughout the whole season!

• Rule Changes:
    • 1 change of car during the season works well, though I think this should result in a compulsory back-of-the-grid or pitlane start at the next race to negate any car advantage for a specific track. Any more than 1 change should be a points reset, as it was in S2.
    • I think allowing at least 1 drop race is important, as it is hard to be available for every race during the season and the drop race helps to keep the championship alive longer. With a 10 race season we could potentially allow 2 drop races.

• Stewarding Changes
    • I believe the penalties should be a little harsher, perhaps with 10 seconds as the minimum and increasing from there.
    • I didn’t have any incidents referred to the stewards, so have no direct experience, but have seen that others are calling for harsher penalties, which I would back.

• Race Conduct Changes
    • I would prefer to keep the AOR rolling start. The in-game start is too messy and seems to be much less consistent. There were some incidents under the AOR start, but I think there would have been more under the in-game procedure.

• Miscellaneous
    • I would like to see another night race, so 2 in total. Racing in ACC at night just looks so f**king awesome!
    • A couple of races with more random weather would be good; the season ender was great fun not knowing what to expect.
    • Would be good to see a wet-to-dry race as well.
    • Extending the pit window to 15 or 20 minutes would allow a bit more variation in strategy. I wouldn't want to see any longer than this, however as it leads to a more dispersed field and less close racing.

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
Calendar changes
I think 8 races is enough.

I'd favour they all be 60 min races as I don't think the 90 min races add much. It's not a proper enduro, but a bit long for a sprint. We should run separate sprint and endurance series.

I like the idea someone else had of having a rest week or two. For example, an eight race series would have a break after four races. I think this would be essential for a 10 race series, which I think would need a couple of weeks off.

Rule Changes
I don't support car changes under any circumstances and I don't support drop races either.

Stewarding
I don't have any strong feelings here. Ultimately, I think it's for the stewards to decide how they want to run things. Tougher rules for repeat offenders might be worth considering, but I don't know how that would be best implemented. I would point out, however, that point penalties only really matter to people who are realistically competing for the top spots and to win their tier. I'm not sure it's a sufficient deterrent for the majority of drivers.

Race conduct changes
In-game start seemed to work fine for the 3hrs of Monza, so I'd go that way.

I like mandatory stops, but preferably with minimum stop time if possible.

Misc
I prefer static weather for sprint races because, generally, weather doesn't change much during a short race. Also, not knowing whether it's going to be wet or dry until 90 seconds before the start is just kind of weird.

I think dynamic weather makes more sense during longer races, by which I mean three hours or more.

TureeruT

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 22, 2019
Spa
Paul ricard
Suzuka
Silverstone
Misano
Monza
Barcelona
kyalami
Laguna Seca
Burthust

best tracks for racing and endurance also.

Black_Gold_Saw

Formula Karter
Oct 19, 2019
Bathurst
Laguna Seca
Kyalami
Suzuka
(All 4 new tracks obviously)

Silverstone
Misano
Nurburgring
Hungaroring
(8 race season 3)

Zolder
Monza
(10 race season 3)

one notices no Spa on calander...Well...thats personal.
*Coughs in slow straight line Jaguar speed*

TureeruT

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 22, 2019
Bathurst
Laguna Seca
Kyalami
Suzuka
(All 4 new tracks obviously)

Silverstone
Misano
Nurburgring
Hungaroring
(8 race season 3)

Zolder
Monza
(10 race season 3)

one notices no Spa on calander...Well...thats personal.
*Coughs in slow straight line Jaguar speed*
no spa no Paul ricard... shame on you buuuuuuu

Zadra

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 13, 2019
  • Calendar changes: 8 or 10 races
    • - and so what? Most important is a calendar structure and when races will be done not how many of them in season.
  • Rule changes: No car changes and no drop races without loss of points ( S2 was factored in because of the update)
    • - there will be more updates and more changes, but choosing a car for the whole season is good. I participating in few leagues and there is a rule in one of them that car actually can be changed but only before R1 so it needs to be done an R0 race. If You go Ferrari in R1 You have to live with it for a whole season. R0 is also good for testing grids, formation laps etc...
  • Stewarding changes: Change in penalties and how to provide Stewards evidence
    • will see that in life
  • Race conduct changes: AOR start or in-game manual start
  • Miscellaneous: Weather with dynamic or static weather
    • dynamic weather always surprises and can change everything in a race. Fuel and tire change is not the only strategy in that case.
  • Would you buy the IGTC tracks and race them in the league?
    • stupid question!! Yes! :D
  • Would you be able to do one 2 hour race as the last round of the league?
    • only one and on end? I think it would be good to have a season split on Sprint and Endurance with different points strategy.