PC - AOR ACC S3 Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACC S3 Feedback Thread

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
1586371250287.png

AOR ACC GT3 Leagues - Season 3 Feedback Thread

During the first two seasons, the game evolved rapidly and decisions were taken to take advantage of the new features. Now that things have settled down during S3, this season was focused on resolving the issues of S2, especially the driving standard with a completely renewed steward process including new penalties.

In Season 4 we will continue this way and we will fix the issues encountered in S3, always with the goal to give a great experience to everyone involved in our leagues.

Your feedback is a very important part of improving AOR ACC going into S4, so please take it serious with your constructive input before posting. Staff reads every post and it counts towards the overall effort for S4.

There are a lot of things being considered BUT please feel free to post your own. Here is a list of what the staff would like to hear:

• What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season?
  • What did you think about the weather during the season?
  • Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why?
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks?
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier?
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly?

AGAIN this is a very short list of what is actually being talked about but should give an example of the type of feedback needed.

Constructive input only on what you would like to see in the future and for S4.

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Please read the message above this one.

Driver tags/notification:
@VoodooChild
@GIXXERosg
@Shooter80
@morphee7
@krop
@Flicony
@V.Korus
@HaiCo
@Jardier
@VoodooChild
@StephenCarry
@Narley
@KrypticTMG
@Tyborg
@GeeMax
@Basti Schäfer
@Sum1GetInThere
@Joe_Hanes
@Gav88888
@-L.X.-
@PhoB1a
@dopey401
@Lorda171
@Black_Gold_Saw
@Vanders
@Steve Allan
@A. Durrant
@VSR Davidben
@Murph
@snajdan
@jlacey1995
@Ryu Makkuro
@Backe Gabrielsen
@Daniel Weidmann
@Welchy10
@EdwardC
@Kohai
@Jonnard
@mick Hoogendoorn
@Mali Baćo
@Legendacb
@SomeRandomTramp
@LuckyW
@Dawiin
@John Pecchia
@SlowLarry
@BIGPRENTA
@D. Koeckz
@Danny Hendriks
@Wenlock
@ZeFau
@LiboCZ
@Artur "Jankes" Sobota
@NeekraY
@Fraiture Hervé
@Marlon Andrade
@Stephen Beswick
@Lusti
@M. Nobel
@ApexMaibom
@Mister_England
@Greko
@TKRapt0r
@Dirty Harry
@Xeonski
@JKay14
@Gurken Koenig
@paleez
@Tudesertpac
@Theopet
@VLX_Chewydee
@NynS
@seppel165
@SergioKillerLA
@tothferko
@TheRealestPepito
@Allen
@jura
@Lazarus
@Alireza d1
@TheflyingBritt
@dakuza
@amir_hosseini
@Bechir Andrei
@MKS-Graphics
@inkychris
@M.Lawrence
@Anduaa
@Apexistant
@JulianSchmitz
@Kapo
@dejw_d
@iOgus
@Cheekymunkey78
@xNuke
@Daniel Merchant
@Lightning McQueen
@ossaltu
@MisterJasper
@oqvist
@Borderline
@Giuseppe Montalbano
@djole74
@Raining Thunder
@Nesos
@eXcole
@Rado
@Samuel Ratz
@Smolda
@S56D
@Fizzymon
@Frihman
@Colyente
@packolla
@PoL
@Tinko van der Velde
@Django
@D.Brezancic
@Lev
@Kristiyan Lozanov
@Kniekehle78
@Tim Knüvener
@Joaocastella78
@MrEmAych
@Nila
@Jordy van Oosten
@Kev 23
@Daniel Monteiro
@Tomas Stanek
@Recential
@Mark A Warmington
@Migzorn
@Jeppi
@Oblit0r
@Dimis_
@Reco
@Im_an_eagle
@Domi64S
@FWD12
@fläsk
@FelixR1991
@F4H MaR4uDer
@MrGit
@Ivarpoiss
@Martin Ava
@tRIP..
@D-tox
@Isaias Varela
@Bilot25
@dalking38
@Vansinnes
@Mikhail Statcenko
@Noel
@ZeroStefan
@Rossi B
@Mattster
@Floris0402
@Endilecio
@Taha Malih
@Furgee
@Krzysztof Babij
@Kieran Hudson
@Yorkie065
@jurpys
@Birche
@BMW /// M-Power
@DubyaStep
@GSYGingerNinja
@Dan_Suzuki
@Quad___
@Jack Simpson
@S4lty
@rkatar
@Daniiel154
@T.Kexel
@dbr93
@Kayster1
@KillianRM
@Cluster63
@Delta2611
@DaveGaming
@Elliot Barron
@Svale
@Toni Racing
@Emanuele Franca
@Erzkbl9
@Rikka
@Rgm12345
@Kagan SULEYMANOGLU
@shpadoinkle
@Bountyx
@j.onorati
@MrDokeR
@maxbaileyuk
@Miguel Fonseca
@One_Ko
@Timou
@BDG_Geo
@OJ Racing
@D. Goelz
@Endless
@Walter Rotundo
@DANGEROUS GIANETTA
@hicksteR
@Zadra
@TureeruT
@not ImPulse
@StormENT
@aerosmudge
@Catalin Sasu
@Max Melamed
@CJBMX702
@jasonabsmeier
@ZeAce
@Allaeddine KESRI
@Mario Polizzi
@Bauke
@GlazedGater
@Bailey
@simo82654
@Alzaca420
@mobanton
@Hockeyfighter99
@yaman
@bwever
@Zwedgin
@ToniLuzar58
@Marek

Last edited:
Reactions: Sum1GetInThere

Stephen Beswick

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2020
  • What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season? My first season, I enjoyed racing against other people and having a reason to practice for a car and track. Didn't like getting punted and being out of the race completely. I tried to race really cleanly but got punted from behind out of three races I can immediately recall that put me almost to the back of the field.
  • We ended up with some guys in our tier for the first few races that were way faster than the rest of us. They did move up to tier 4 though eventually.
  • What did you think about the weather during the season? I enjoy racing in the rain but I found the very cold tracks quite hard. I was confused by the server weather settings, they seemed to bear no resemblance to the actual weather on the server. Often the track temperature was massively different?
  • Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why? It's difficult to get the game to record everything for evidence. Nearly all of us in T5 got caught out at Spa when we didn't get the start of the race. When you are in the race is easy to forget to save before the first hour is up. Can the server record it for everyone to access post race??
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks? Already have it, keen to use it
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier? It's an idea, can be demoralising to know you've got no chance. However, I did pop up in the top 10 twice to my great surprise. Would be worried that a track your car is strong at you haven't got a ballast penalty then the next track you car is weak at you do have a ballast penalty and get nowhere. Am sure it would cause a lot of controversy and complaints.
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly? Existing start time suits me fine. Certainly on social races we seem to fall well behind schedule which wasn't great. Recall starting 30-40 minutes late on occasion?

You know the start procedure is going to feature heavily in this feedback. The original AOR approach would often lead to huge gaps and a very bad position if you qualified down the field. But the spread out field reduced first lap incidents? But if you were down the field I'm not sure you could ever get to the front. I noted a lot of us got confused over which side of the track we should be on for the start, especially if we originally start on the opposite side...

The ACC widget resulted in a crazy mad dash to get into the right position, the widget seemed to leave you miles out of position that you have to make up right before the start. Then when we did start we were all very close which increased impact of a starting incident or complete carnage. I also got overtaken once under the widget so someone who qualified behind me was in front of me for the start and no penalties were applied. On the AOR start you couldn't do this because the cars don't ghost.

An additional comment regards super endurance events - we have teams within the league - if we made these 3 player teams then building up to a season finale 12 hour race becomes a possibility? This would have to a weekend of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catalin Sasu

aerosmudge

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
May 20, 2016
Here is my feedback guys.
    • Good mix of tracks, I liked the fact that any improvements during the season were implemented if seen to be better.
    • Tier 4 was good to race in, a few incidents but that will always happen
    • Coordinators were very good
    • Good mix, wet races and night races made it a nice variety
    • Yes very good, the strictness is spot on otherwise people start to take the p!ss
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks?
    • Already have it and would like to see some of the tracks involved in S4 (not Bathurst, please)
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier?
    • Don't agree with it to be honest, either the person is in the wrong tier or the other drivers should try harder!
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly?
    • Perfect for me, if it starts sometimes 5-10 minutes later it isn't a big deal.
Thoughts from me: maybe increase the season to 10 races and include a dropped score? This season seemed to be over just as i got started, but maybe that is just me.

Fizzymon

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2018
    • Liked
      • Solid track selection and competitive driving
      • Servers were mostly reliable (see Silver tier Silverstone)
      • Friendly atmosphere
    • Disliked
      • Stewarding protocol (will touch on below)
      • Weather
      • Some driving standards by others
    • Wasn't a fan of the weather layouts. Coming from F1, I am used to dynamic weather for every track. I am also particularly used to getting the shaft by rainy sessions (America F1 had 8/21 races have a wet session, more than any other tier in the past few years I believe). With this in mind, I was pleased at first with the constant weather setting, but once variability was added at races like Monza and Hungary, races that were supposed to be one condition but had something else happen was a little ridiculous. Preparing all week for a full wet Monza only to have a dry qualy and race was a little ridiculous when there was a high chance of rain and that was the message coming from the coords, but as we know the rain didn't show for most tiers. As for Hungary, the Silver tier had a wet qualy, something to caught almost all the drivers off guard including myself. As I stated before, I am used to random conditions, but when the first few races had set conditions and then it went dynamic in a sense it kinda screwed things up. I personally would be okay if one or the other was picked for every race, but to have some races not vary and others heavily vary is annoying. Now, the perk of dynamic weather is the weather could change mid race, however the game doesn't really have a good way of knowing the weather conditions beyond 30 minutes if I am correct, so dynamic could catch drivers off guard which also is a downside.
    • No. I personally found the stewarding process inconsistent and that the punishments are at both extremes. First, having penalty points removed over the course of the season is not okay in my opinion, as a driver could collect 10 from incidents race one, have all the penalty points removed by race 4 for "driving clean" then cause more incidents and get anther 10 penalty points, but not receive a drive through. Speaking of 10 penalty points, according to the rules it should not be possible to receive 10 penalty points. And yet, if you view this stewards report of an unsafe rejoin by me (which yes, I deserved my penalty), I only received 10 (https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/t4-r5-lap-2-unsafe-rejoin-by-fizzymon.63890/). If it is a moderate collision, then it should of been 15 and 15, but it wasn't and this inconsistency can mean either that there should not be a 10 point gap between minor or moderate, or that rules are being made as they go. The same thing can be said about the result of the Silver tier race start incident (https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/tier-4-round-5-lap-1-start-crash.63867/). Where does 40 second penalty come from? Heck, there isn't even any verbatim on how much of a time penalty drivers should receive form incidents, which I think needs to change. Now the one thing I agree on is the Drive Through, Stop Go, and Race Ban requirements. I think the penalty points are at good numbers, but with what I said earlier about the penalty point removal system, and then add the fact that the seasons are only 8 races, it is very impossible to receive these penalties. At the same time, repeat offenders who cause Major collisions with the current system can avoid a race ban by having their penalty points reduced, which is not fair to the rest of the field.
    • To summarize, I think the stewarding process is too lenient and inconsistent with their ruling, and could use more set in stone punishments and guidelines to follow. Perhaps reach out to other AOR Steward Panels for other games and take recommendations, since we all are apart of one big Apex Online Racing Community.
    • I own it already and would love to see these tracks on the calendar, but I think a pole is needed to determine how many drivers own the DLC tracks as I do not think it is if at least least 20% of the drivers do not own the tracks. Yes this is a small percentage, but that is a whole tier not able to race, which is why it is important to ask.
    • Unless it is clear that a driver is way to fast from the start, I want to say no as they have worked their way to get to their speed. Rather, consider promoting them to give them better competition because at the end of the day we race to race, not do hot-laps while 40 seconds ahead of the field.
    • As an American, I would love for it to be later BUT again, I am an American and a very very small minority. Rather, I think the current starting time is okay as 8pm UK is after dinner but not too late for eastern europeans. That being said, Eastern Europeans may start racing at 10pm, so to avoid keeping them up past midnight, the starting time needs to be strictly enforced.

Thank you for a great season and I hope my comments are considered!

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Only participated in the second half of the season, but off we go...
  • What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season? I like the amount of cars in the league, especially compared to the F1 league. But looking at the overall number of cars, I think we could do with one less split and even more cars in a split, but I'm not sure it would actually fit. What I dislike? I think you'll get the answer below...
  • What did you think about the weather during the season? It was okay. I only got seemingly static weather in the races I participated in, but that could be a case of luck. Though the temperature on Spa was slightly unrealistic imo. I mean, how often do we actually get 30 degrees C in Belgium?
  • Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why? New steward process? Not sure what would be new, as this was only the first season I participated in the ACC league.
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks? Already got it.
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier? A slight BoP might be nice, but it shouldn't be overdone. Drivers who are leading the championship with a nice lead should still be able to win a race if they have a good race.
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly? Well, this is the thing I disliked in the races I participated in (Silver tier). We always (!!) started late. I am a person who likes to follow the rules in these kinds of things. Of course a bit of slack could be given in a few occasions, but I have a full-time job and starting almost 15 minutes late on a race which contains a 15m qualy and a 90m race makes me go to bed quite late. When a race would start on time (9pm for me), makes qualy end at 9.15pm, race starts at about 9.20pm, making the long race finish at about 11pm. Get what I mean? Of course you can't have everything in control. If for instance the server would crash at the end of qualy or at the start of the race. I would be okay with a restart. This is out of anyone's control. But waiting for 10-15 minutes because 1 or more people are late is a no-no imo. I've been a coordinator in the F1 leagues for over 3 seasons. If anyone would be late without notice, we would just start. If they join late, then that's bad luck for them. They should've done a better job at their time management. If someone's 5 minutes late, why should 40 other drivers sacrifice 5 minutes? Of course this isn't like an office situation, but 40 times 5 is 200 minutes of time in total. Surely you get my point...
Don't get me wrong. I'm not mad because we started late at the races I participated in. I'm just trying to get my view in on this matter as you asked for it.

If you need any help in coordinating, I'm happy to help. I'm not 100% sure how the coordinating works for the ACC leagues, but I'm sure I could make myself useful as I've been coordinator for over 3 seasons in the F1 leagues. Just let me know...

Oto Winkler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 3, 2020
View attachment 109008

AOR ACC GT3 Leagues - Season 3 Feedback Thread

During the first two seasons, the game evolved rapidly and decisions were taken to take advantage of the new features. Now that things have settled down during S3, this season was focused on resolving the issues of S2, especially the driving standard with a completely renewed steward process including new penalties.

In Season 4 we will continue this way and we will fix the issues encountered in S3, always with the goal to give a great experience to everyone involved in our leagues.

Your feedback is a very important part of improving AOR ACC going into S4, so please take it serious with your constructive input before posting. Staff reads every post and it counts towards the overall effort for S4.

There are a lot of things being considered BUT please feel free to post your own. Here is a list of what the staff would like to hear:

AGAIN this is a very short list of what is actually being talked about but should give an example of the type of feedback needed.

Constructive input only on what you would like to see in the future and for S4.
I'm looking forward to join season 4. I'm glad you guys have more tiers as in Project Cars 2 I'm with very fast guys. I think more tier would even it out better. Can't get any feedback except - I'd buy DLC if it was in it. Love that Bathurst track

Reactions: StephenCarry

NeekraY

Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2019
  • What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season? Had some good battles a few crashes but that happens.
  • What did you think about the weather during the season? It was a good mix of dry and wet races. Kinda like that its not only races in the dry.
  • Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why? Luckily didnt need to use it so i cant really tell.
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks? i already have it.
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier? Give them maybe some but not very much.
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly? Starting time is good now at least for me and in my opinion it doesnt need to be followed too strictly.

Reactions: LiboCZ

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019

likey:

- my personal progress from spinning every 10 laps to winning my first race in ACC and finishing second in the standings. Didn't think I could do that, after I was initially placed in tier 4 - where I was 2 seconds slower per lap than everybody else - and not even being within the top15 of tier5 :D
- 99% super clean, super fair and lovely racing. absolutely brilliant and friendly lads around! :)

What I didn't like:

- some people not showing respect on and off track.
- WAY TOO MANY stewards inquiries, most of them literally about nothing.
- absolutely no respect in a lot of inquiries
- voicechat being abused to insult, scream and "teach others a lesson". F*cking annoying and didn't stop even after coords mentioned it multiple times.
too much rain/too much uncertain or random weather, too much cold conditions.
yes and no. Yes regarding stewards vehemently not accepting inquiries that don't meet the requirements. Also yes bcs every decision seems to be fair and correct.
Also yes bcs the penalties are "more important". Before you wouldn't care about your 3-4 major incidents, just a quali ban maybe. Now you have to be careful after 1-2 incidents and stewards will keep that in mind. Also love that penalties are being carried over to next season - will bring some racebans or removals from the league very early on, which is a good thing in the end.

No regarding ppl not giving 2 flying sh*ts about replying to inquiries, showing no respect to other's "feelings" or opinions, too many inquiries about slight touches that literally didn't give them a disadvantage, ppl obviously not having read the rules and so on...
Yes. Until that happens: I won't buy it bcs I don't enjoy ACC in random online lobbies and I really do not play racing sims offline. SO DO USE THEM NEXT SEASON! :D
Bullshit in my opinion, just like banning cars. Ppl will whine and complain about it being unfair and what not.
From my personal point of view I'd like to start an hour earlier, bcs for 90% of Europe the races will end at around 11PM - since there always seems to be delay and a few 90min races as well.

AND YES, PLEASE BE MORE STRICT ABOUT THE STARTING TIME. Everybody who's late still has 15 minutes to jump into the lobby - and in 99% of the races there isn't even a single person saying "can you pls wait 5 minutes, I'll have to work late" or something - if that were to happen, then I'd be gladly waiting 10min or even more.

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
  • Season seemed awesome to me. Great grid great battles.
  • I like mandatory pitstop without refueling it really makes the races exciting, buuuut maybe if it would be possible to put also fuel in to it it would be cool to work on more crazy strategy or even with rain coming down.
  • What would I want from next is less night races and at least more random weather (rain monzaaaaaaaaaa). Would be cool to have 2-3 races with rain during the race.
  • Maybe even increase endurance race to 2hours? or 2,5? :)
  • I hope next season will include new DLC tracks :)
  • Also special thanks to admins for all the hard work and to all drivers for really nice clean racing

Tim Knüvener

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2020
  • What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season? I wish that the season would feel more like a season rather than a spin off. Too few races for a full season and big events like the 24hr of spa are missing. Like I said in my Discussion post I and many others would like to see a full 24hr race. And also the racing often was just a bit too much full throttle and not careful enough. I know Spa wasn´t a great show of me either.
  • What did you think about the weather during the season? Weather was good overall
  • Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why? Didnt made any experience lukckily :D
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks? Already have it, would love to use it (maybe as major events)
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier? Good option but only if they are much faster. And they chould still have a really good chance to win and should not make them too slow
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly? Maybe there should be a joining time beginning 15 minutes earlier than now and it should start then and not wait another 15minutes...

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
The only major thing I'd mention would be to try and make sure the Weather is consistent over the practices and Tiers. A few times I practised and the race wasn't the same. also having a look at the weather when its wet (pointing at monza) being dangerous as you cannot see the car ahead

Reactions: StephenCarry

Black_Gold_Saw

Formula Karter
Oct 19, 2019
-How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier?

*Smashes through 4 tables*
HELL NO!!! NO NO AND NO! Its G A R B A G E and ruins the fun.
Speaking out of experience.

Whenever I see a really quick person I see that opponent as a benchmark. Investing time and learning a car & track to try and gain time and try to be as quick.
Slowing down your opponent to just get the sense of being as quick is a crap method.

*Smashes another table* NO!

• Agree
Reactions: Toni Racing

BDG_Geo

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 20, 2019
  • What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season?great season with battles through out.enjoyed most of it :)
  • What did you think about the weather during the season?the weather i didnt mind but i thought practising all week for a dry session and its wet was a bit meh!would like it set in concrete a bit more if possible?
  • Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why?the stricter punishments i am in favour of as long as they are justified but resetting to the pits after u have served a stewards penalty/DT just cause your race is ruined doesnt really seem good to me.
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks?i already own the DLC and wow..please add them for the new season.thay are all awesome and im sure we would all agree ;)
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier?nope!no no no and erm..please no!that doesnt seem very productive for the rest of the field if someone has a handicap and might lower motivation for some!also the TT is so easy to abuse and will always end up with mistiered people but im not sure how that can be changed.maby a live quali session?then no ballast is required but im not sure if thats possible to do.
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly?starting time is decent enough and i personally wouldnt mind waiting an extra 5 or 10 minutes if some were running late as then they will be able to race!if wer all present for the start time then go on time i would say!
I think the season overall was more than good at times.i admit i didnt like the change of start procedure mid season as we cant be trusted to do a form lap ourselves...but i understood why and it wasnt as bad as i thot and it saves gettn punted before wev started!
The format seems ok to me but maby i would make the races a tad longer.
I quite liked the mandatory stops for tyre changes on some races..kinda leaves more to the racing than strategy.i would much prefer the ten races for the new season!
I would love to see an Endurance league in ACC..maby team racing with driver swaps for it?real time races maby?just thinking out loud is all but even just a normal enduro league with full calendar but with long races and high time multiplier :)
Well thats my thoughts..i will say the cods done awesome as always so big thanks to you for doing it :)

SergioKillerLA

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 3, 2019
Hello everybody,

First of all I would like to thank AOR, the organizers and all the moderators for their work, their involvement and their listening this season. For me, it was the best of the 3 ACC seasons (5th in T3) and I can't wait to participate in the next.
    I loved this season 3. The T3 championship was very hotly contested (until the last race) and saw the birth of great battles. I am not a big fan of the new starting procedure, but I have the impression that it resolved a large part of the crashes at the start of the race.
    The race conditions and the weather were perfect (I love the peppers that certain conditions bring). However, I would have liked to see track conditions similar to the IRL weather one day.
    Yes, I find the drive-throughs more strict and less dangerous than the departures at the back of the grid. This probably helped calm the ardor of some pilots.
    I bought the DLC day one, and yes I would love to see some new circuits on the season 4 calendar
    Yes it's a good idea, some drivers seem much faster than average even in the T3. In our small French team, we use this method with our aliens
    At the start of season 1 and 2, I found it late, but I realize today that this schedule is perfect. In France (UTC + 2), this allows us not to leave on an empty stomach and to train a little before the race.

FelixR1991

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 14, 2019
Dislikes: my choice of car.
Don't believe we had any rain in T1. I love random weather, but I also love rain. Having at least one guaranteed rain race would be good. Adding time multiplier to random weather greatly increases the chance of having some exiting conditions.
Only positive experiences.
Already got it.
Yes. Put Amir, Kevin and Mike on 100KG please.
Race start would often be at about 21:20-30. Especially since it's a weekday, race start an hour earlier would really benefit my sleep schedule.

Birche

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2020
-chose of tracks was good
-I think length of season was good
-Mix of 60min and 90 min race was perfect
-I really like big field with up 40 cars per tier

Dislike
-the racing could be improved, I got punted by some drivers in the first four races and lost many point, It racing but and it happens but when 50% of season it not good. then I no problems the last four race so this could also that I was unlucky.
-some drivers is lack respect, was way to much aggressive and did not understand racing rules

this dislike opinion I do not know how fix because it is up to drives
Weather was good, we only had one rain race over season and that was little disappointed. I like unknow in Monza that you did not know if it will rain or not and I think it is needed have some races turn around table.

Night race I mix opinion on, I do really like night races. Two of 90min races was in the night, I happy that spa stayed as day race. next season we could have some 60min races at night instead that only the 90min races having them.

I think steward system is good as it can be, over fact that is so many drivers, it is best way to get incident reported. there is many incident that not get reported that should to improve racing, we need a Stewart live on races but I do not see how it will work when there is so many drivers in leagues, so In the end think is good like it is.
already own it, so no problems for me
If he is too fast, he is in wrong tier. secondly if you are fast you deserve to be fast, then it also tracks suit some cars/drivers better and some that does not.
I from Finland and stating time is little to late if could be move 1 hour earlier, I would be very happy. I studied and my schedule was very good for season 3, but now with summer upcoming and I start do some real work my schedule will start earlier and I really want some good sleep so that my head is with me when I work. This is biggest question for me if I coming to be here for season 4. 60min race can work, but 90min is way to late for me. And yes, the starting time need to be followed strictly = more sleep to me.

alfonsosvk

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 27, 2020
  • I would allow refueling for better strategies
  • Random weather would be better
  • Satisfied
  • I already own it and I would welcome tracks from the pack
  • Ballast? Oh yeah lets slow them down :D
  • Could be moved an hour earlier

MisterJasper

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 17, 2018
What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season?

I liked almost everything, both sprint and endurance races were a lot of fun, especially the endurance races. The thing I disliked the most was the fact we started the season with 40+ people (Tier 3) and after 2 or 3 races the attendence was dropped by 15, sometimes even lower. Some people told on the forums they werent able to participate, but majority just vanished.

What did you think about the weather during the season?

I expected that the weather would be dynamic for the whole season just like the F1 leagues, but actually knowing what the weather would do is something I highly enjoy.

Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why?

Its my first season so I can only judge on what I experienced in season 3. If you make a mistake you get punished (penalty points), when you drive clean you get rewarded (reduce in penalty points). Thats a system I would vote on.

would u buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks?

Bought it and would be happy if it will be included :D.

How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier?

I mean, you can see when someone is way faster for their tier in the first or second race. So if you push those people up 1 tier at the start of the season this shouldnt be a problem.

How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly?

As I am only 1 hour up on the UK, the endurance races finish at around 11 for me. Thats no problem for a 19 year old young gun like me.

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019

From what I experienced in this season it was generally good fun, the racing in tier five was competitive and clean. I've got to admit I found nothing to be disliked, everyone in discord and the forum was awesome and welcoming to new members coming into the season though out

In my eyes the weather system was good, I liked how the race at Monza was supposed to be wet and was wet in the social race, but when it came to the actual race it was dry. It added some sort of realism, What I would like to see is something a liking to the F1 league here or the league that Jimmy Broadbent was doing earlier this year where basically the weather is set to dynamic, so in the case of the Broadbent race at Spa, he had a practice and qualifying in the dry, but the actual race was completely wet. I have a feeling this would add more to the randomness of the race and test the skill levels of the drivers as well.

To be honest, I was only "Summoned" to the steward's room twice (one to help with an inquiry and once with one due to internet issues) and it fine, however, from what I've seen there are still issues in regards to starting issues and I will add a little bit more and an idea for going forwards at the end of the general comments.

I've already purchased the DLC, So I would love to see some of the DLC tracks included into the season, I think having something like Bathurst, Suzuka or even Kyalami

This would be an interesting idea, I mean there are always some people who are misplaced in the tiers, however, if there is someone who is clearly three to three and a half seconds faster than the other driver in P2 to 10, then maybe a ballast weight penalty could help out other members in the tier. I think this has happened in real life racing (I believe this happened at either the WEC race at Spa or the 245 hours of Spa race last year)

For me the starting time is perfect, it's always fun to jump on to the social lobbies about 15 minutes before the race start and having a laugh with the people in the lobby (or in the case I had to pull out of one last minute, which everyone good luck and a safe race) I know in some cases the social races can start later than normal however I think that's down to people either setting up the Discord permissions and not hearing the briefing or getting the password for the tiers. However, for myself, I think the time is perfect.

Other comments:

Race Starts:

OK I think I'm going to open pandora's box by saying this, but I believe we should go back (For the time at least) to the AOR start, but have the time being 1 hour and five minutes, or an hour and 35 minutes respectfully. Sadly I hadn't been in an actual league race with the new start but from one of the social races I was in, boy it was carnage and considering at one point there was a tier five enquiry which had what felt like six drivers all involved was madness. I'll be open and honest, I thought the in-game start would have solved the starting problem, but boy was I wrong. It seemed to me anyway causing more problems and that's not including all the issues with drive-throughs penalities.

If I was running the league (and that's a scary thought all on its own) I would have tested the inbuilt start in either social races or during our "offseason" with one-off races and see what happens next. Of course, this was brought in via a patch and I am sure Kunos would be working on improving this feature, but yet I think at its current state maybe it's better to trust the devil we know (The AOR start), and this is coming from someone who was happy to try the in-game start.

Repeat formation lap/starting offenders:

This is probably going to be a rant part of this feedback, please note that this isn't designed to offend anyone. This is something that's been bugging me from looking at season 2 and 3 stewards enquire. This has no malice at heart, just a frustration rant.

This is perhaps the one issue in regards to the whole start (either In-game or AOR) that there are clear issues with. I have noticed though out the season a ton of names that keep appearing in the stewards enquires still keep causing problems with the start and it's ridiculous. How is it that with the AOR start Tier five can for 90% of the time have a clean formation lap and start, but the top tiers (and those who are streamed on youtube) fail to do so cleanly. I know the penalty points system was overhauled to try and reduced this issue, but yet after every race event we see "Tier <place number here< race start ruined". I know someone once said "You can't cure stupid", but this is something that drivers should try and avoid 100%.

So my idea would be if someone is a repeat offender, sure they get hit with the penalty points on their AOR licence, but they need to be re-evaluated and told they are on a suspended licence, so basically, for example, Joe Bloggs is racing in Tier 3, he is known in the stewards for causing crashes during the formation lap/race start. They get given a race ban, once that race ban is served (and have that roll over to the next season) but then have to re-evaluated before rejoining the season but with the condition put into place that for the next two seasons they are going to be heavily monitored. If they then fail to keep out of trouble then remove them from a full-time driver to a reserve driver or in a worse case situation, blacklist them from the league. If we're supposed to be simulating being a racing driver then maybe there should be some "Real-world" fall out for their actions. Could you imagine anyone in the real world of motorsport being allowed to race if they kept crashing people out on the formation lap? Probably not, so why should we be any different.

OK rant over now to the final piece.

Race strategy:

The final part of my general thoughts of the season, while I get that sprint races are designed to be "Run as hard as possible", but I would rather see some sort of fuel limit being included in the race. So for this example, there is a sprint race at Nurburgring which lasts for 60 minutes, Instead of having to say a pit stop for tyres and filling the car up till the end, we a fuel pit stop so it gives the driver a chance to fill up to around half-length (which would be the fuel cap) or under fuel for extra speed but then have to come in say 20 minutes into the race to fill to the end and have to use fuel saving as a skill to make sure that they make it to the end. It was the one aspect I loved about the 90-minute races featured this year, because we had to work out how much to fuel for a stint and would you need to take tyres or not etc. It's something I've done in other races online in iRacing and project cars 2 and love because you can have some drivers try an amazing strat of stopping out till the last moment or try a god-tier undercut, and those are the aspect of racing I love to watch on TV.

Anyway, those are my comments and feedback. Hopefully, some of these idea's can help out the ACC staff to make Season 4 an incredible season for everyone.