PC - AOR ACC S3 Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACC S3 Feedback Thread

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Sum1GetInThere

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 7, 2019
Hey Guys
I am fairly new here but it would nice to start say an hour earlier, this just makes us from South Africa start a bit earlier as well and being during the week means most of us have to wake up early as well for work.
I am certainly looking forward to the next season and hope everyone else is eager to have lots of fun and respect each other on and off the track.
Thanks

Marlon Andrade

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2019
First and foremost, a huge thank you for all the coords and the amount of work that it is to organise all of that. Also thanks everyone that streamed / covered the races and everyone that joined every week to race and have some fun!

Speaking from my side, from the start (even during hot stint) I decided to pick a known slow car (McLaren 650s) and I didn't regret it at all. In general it was quite fun to try to extract pace out of it and race with the "big boys" (of course it can be a bit frustrating after some time and I decided to switch for last 2 races to try to gauge my pace), it would be more fun and probably less frustrating if more people also picked cars like those.

I think we should also have Overall, Sprint and Endurance championship results. Would love to have big grid inter tier events planned from the start of the season (not deciding to not have it because the championship fights were still too tight).

What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season?
Like:
- Placement / hot stint / evaluation races - kuddos to coordinators, 5 tiers and to place everyone was probably very hard, specially seeing how close tiers were.
- Calendar, track selection, variation - great to not have only Optimum with perfect temps conditions.
- Mandatory stops (but please allow refuelling, otherwise it gets too much predictable).
- Bigger grids.
- Cleaner races (it definitely improved in comparison with previous seasons).
- Point distribution for more cars, encouraging more people to finish their races.
- In game start widget start, mostly I started on the back of the grid, it's easy to follow and automatically punish jump starts.

Disliked:
- 90 min "endurance" races. Difference between 60 or 90 min races is minimum, so I would prefer having longer endurance races.

What did you think about the weather during the season?
I really enjoy having more dynamic weather, adding uncertainty is a good thing and it impacts everyone =). It's unfortunate that a few cars do need more preparation and setup adjustment than others but that should be just one of the variables to consider when picking a car.

Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why?
I guess so, myself I wasn't involved on any enquire, but I think building up penalty points is a good thing, and having a way to clear them is also a good thing (sometimes unfortunate accidents just happens). I always prefer harsher punishments, specially lap 1 incidents, its everyone's responsibility to drive safely and not screw up other people races.

Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks?
Already have it, please include those tracks on S4 =)

How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier?
I don't like this idea, I prefer to use this as data for promoting the driver or even promoting it earlier if there's a spot on a faster tier.

How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly?
For me 1h earlier would be better, but that can be too early for some people, so maybe 30 min earlier is a good middle ground.
Yes, please be more strict with starting time.

• Agree
Reactions: Vanders

Oblit0r

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 10, 2018
I think this season went pretty well. I can't speak for others and I'm not that involved on these forums, but from my own experience the driving standards in tier 2 were pretty good. Ofcourse, **** happens and I've had some moment I'm not proud of either, but that's racing. No overly stupid or reckless driving from what I've seen atleast.

The weather was fine, good combination of wet/dry/random-weather races.

I already own the DLC and would like to see atleast some of the tracks included in the next season.
I would also like the next season to be a bit longer, 10-12 weeks.
60 and 90 minute races are good too, wouldn't really want longer races during weekdays.

Not sure how I feel about giving ballast to fast people. If they're way too fast for their tier, maybe they should be transferred to another tier instead.
If they've been given the option to change to another tier but refuse because they would lose their championship points (or whatever other reason), then I think adding ballast would be a good idea.

For me the starting time is okay, wouldn't mind an hour earlier but I don't mind this starting time.

One thing I would like to add is maybe change the starting procedure again. With the 1.3.9 patch ghosting is available for all starting procedures, so we don't really need the widget starting procedure anymore (atleast, one would think :D)
"- All formation lap types now ghost cars during the formation lap until the green flag by design (only available for private servers)."

EdwardC

Formula Karter
Oct 10, 2019
This was my second season in ACC GT3 and thoroughly enjoyed it.... well most of it

What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season? I like that it is well organised and the racing is generally good, great at times. For Tier 5 there far too many first lap fiasco's. We have had a number of new people join, which is great, however a few, it seemed did not know how to race... race etiquette if you will. I have been in other leagues and as a new driver you were on probation for a while to observe how you race. There should be a Driving Standards Group/Committee whatever to address repeated poor driving standards.
I agree with the others that have mentioned the lack of respect on track.
  • What did you think about the weather during the season? The weather this season seemed chaotic, you never really new what the weather was going to like at times. I don't mind the wet weather, but if its a wet race then Qual/Practice should be the same. And the wet weather should not be so frequent, more like real life.

• Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why? The new system is a step in the right direction, however I would like to see much stiffer penalties for first corner/first lap incidents. One league I was in had a no passing before the start finish line and that help with some of the start carnage. I agree with the others that the penalty points should last the season and not be cleared for one good race

• Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks? I bought it straight away so yes, include the new tracks

• How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier? if they are too fast for there tier, then bump them up to the next tier. If ballast was to be added, only enough so that there is still a chance for a race win, generally no

• How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly? The start time is ok, if it was an hour earlier that would be good as well. The races should start on time, its up to the individual to be ready to race!
i really would like to have longer seasons, 10 or 12 races. As someone mentioned it seems like you just get going and its over.

A big thank you to all who give up their free time to make all this happen for us, it is truly appreciated!

Reactions: LiboCZ

Erzkbl9

S3 AOR PC F2 Sprint Champion
Feb 1, 2018
  • What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season?
    • I enjoyed the season a lot. It was definitely a new experience after four seasons on the f1 game. I have a few points that i disliked noted below. Also please note that this post might seem really negative, but to be honest i dont know any league that does a better job, so on most points, its criticism on a high level.
  • What did you think about the weather during the season?
    • I wasnt too pleased with the weather this season. From the f1 game, im used to racing with dynamic weather settings and knowing the weather conditions for the entire weekend as soon as youre in the lobby. Obviously that is not possible in acc. Still i would prefer dynamic weather with a low randomness over static weather. I for one thought that the wet qualy in hungary spiced things up quite a bit, because it caught some drivers off guard. I also had no issue with monza being completly dry, even so my car was set up for a wet race. I also prefer races at a normal starting time with realistic weather settings, specially temperature wise, over night and hot temperature races. I obviously dont want the same temperature every week, but two low temperature night races in 8 rounds is definitely to much for my liking. I also wouldnt go higher then x2 time acceleration, because then, specially with a higher randomness, you end up rolling a dice strategy wise, which is not realistic in my opinion compared to real life.
  • Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why?
    • It was my first acc season, so i cant compare it to previous ones. Generally, i like that first lap incidents are punished harder. Personally i would prefer if you couldnt loose pp and if you would get a race ban for 50pp, stop go for 35 or 40 and dt for 25 or 30. I also think that some of the league rules need to be addressed. For example in tier 4, the coordinators forgot to apply penalties in game. Because of that these penalties got carried over into the next round, which in my opinion isnt fair. If i was in this situation, i would probably prepare less for the upcoming race or adjust my setup to get through traffic easier. If then my penalty doesnt get applied and carries over into the next race, it effects two races instead of just one. Not to mention the difference in time, from track to track, that you loose driving through the pit lane. In my opinion either the driver has to be responsible and remind the coordinator of his penalty, while on the grid or the coordinator is responsible and if he forgets about the penalty, the driver is lucky. I also think that divebombs, that dont lead to damage, should be punished. Not as hard, but still. To often you find yourself in a situation where you either risk getting hit or you need to jump out of the way and give up the position. It didnt experience that to much myself, but i heard multiple drivers complain about it.
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks?
    • i own the dlc already. i wouldnt mind if one or two dlc tracks are included. Still gives drivers that dont own the dlc the chance to participate, without missing out on too many race, while everybody else can enjoy the tracks. If Bathurst is included, please towards the end of the season. Would be massive carnage early on.
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier?
    • If its just the driver, then no. If a car is really fast for each track on the calender, then yes, on tracks where it the lap time difference is extreme, f.e. the Mercedes at Monza. Generally, if a driver is to fast, he should be moved up.
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly?
    • The starting time is fine with me. I think starting the 90min races half an hour earlier could be a good compromise for drivers that have issue with the 90min races finishing to late. Should the starting time be followed more strict, absolutly. You can still join during qualy...
Some general notes:
  • I would like to see more races per season, at least 10 or 12. Do a one week break in between.
  • More endurance races (not talking about the 90min races). For example during the break week. An endurance championship would be nice as well. Depending on the amount of drivers, either one big league or combining the sprint league tiers into endurance tiers.
  • I would like to see all the tracks next season that have not been used this season, excluding the dlc tracks.
  • Significant changes, like the start procedure, need to be announced at least one week in advanced. I dont have an issue to test them in social races, before implementing them into the league races, but announcing a change like that 2 or 3 days before the next league races is not a good idea (If i remember correctly, we had 3 start incidents in 5 tiers).
  • The weather settings need to be announced one week in advance.
  • Thanks to all the people that made this season possible.

Tyborg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 28, 2016
AOR ACC GT3 Leagues - Season 3 Feedback Thread

During the first two seasons, the game evolved rapidly and decisions were taken to take advantage of the new features. Now that things have settled down during S3, this season was focused on resolving the issues of S2, especially the driving standard with a completely renewed steward process including new penalties.

In Season 4 we will continue this way and we will fix the issues encountered in S3, always with the goal to give a great experience to everyone involved in our leagues.

Your feedback is a very important part of improving AOR ACC going into S4, so please take it serious with your constructive input before posting. Staff reads every post and it counts towards the overall effort for S4.

There are a lot of things being considered BUT please feel free to post your own. Here is a list of what the staff would like to hear:

I liked the competition, disliked some drivers were sensitive about driving, and little bumps into each other. Some not as experienced drivers where hard to drive with. But the competition was fantastic. I would love to get more tracks IGTC, or to double up on some enjoyable tracks (or voted on) I disliked we missed a track or two I believe, I was experting a bit more weather.

Not enough weather, would love to have more during the main races or even random weather all throughout a race weekend. It might mix up the driver position a bit more. Maybe someone was setting up on dry, and wet happened in the main.

Yes I am, at times it took a while to get a response.

Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks? Yes already have it.

I think maybe this might be good for BoP however I would really hate to be that guy that feels sluggish,
How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly? I am liking the time now.

AGAIN this is a very short list of what is actually being talked about but should give an example of the type of feedback needed.

Constructive input only on what you would like to see in the future and for S4.

JKay14

AOR ACC S3 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
First of all thank you to all the organisers and coordinators last season. It was by far the most fun I've had league racing.
  • What did you particularly like and dislike about the past season? - The new pit stop rule for sprint races i.e. mandatory tyre change. I thought this worked really well as it opened up the strategy to undercut cars that might be holding you up. It also allowed drivers who had taken damage at the start an opportunity to fix their cars straightaway without too much of a penalty.
  • What did you think about the weather during the season? - I didn't really have a problem with the weather this season. I think for season 4 it would be fun to have more races with transitional weather i.e. going from wet to dry and vice versa as I'm sure that will cause lots great chaos in the races.
  • Are you satisfied with the new steward process? If not, why? - Overall I think the stewards were hard but generally fair. I appreciate that they need to be tough to a point to try and discourage optimistic lunges and dive bombs. However I received a 30 second penalty and a drive through for the following race for an incident that was just a genuine error/misjudgement. There was no intended malicious and I had never been investigated. I felt a little hard done by.
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks? - Already have it. Please include some if not all of the tracks from the pack. 90 minute Bathurst race anyone?
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier? - I don't agree with this personally. Especially as there are big swings in performance of the cars depending on what track you are at. I think for the most part the tier system works really well. Occasionally you get the odd alien in the wrong tier... but I don't see it as a huge issue.
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly? - I live in the UK and 8pm local time is perfect for me. I'm open to it being an hour earlier if need be. However now that the clocks have gone forward in the UK, will it be so much of an issue for season 4?

The only idea I have really for Season 4 would be perhaps one super grid race (perhaps at the midpoint of the calendar? Imagine Tier 1 & 2 for example racing around Spa together (it would be epic).

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Hard to have really disliked anything about the season that was in the coordinators control. For me, the things I didn't like were all my own doing such as the car choice at the beginning of the season. Everything else was great. Good job!
Weather was good with a half decent mix, although would like to see some more variation and randomness in the weather. Quite enjoyed the wet races, so would like to see more of that, and also some more races where we see the light conditions change from day to night or vise-versa.
I'd say so. Wasn't really put in front of the stewards apart from one small incident in the opening round. Result from that was as expected, so hard to really comment on it to be fair.
  • Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks?
I already have it and would 100% love to make use of the tracks for Season 4.
  • How do you feel about giving a ballast to people being too fast for their tier?
Unless someone is very clearly dominating a tier and is streaks ahead of everyone else, it's a no from me. Think adding ballast could get messy if multiple people need it, especially up in the higher tiers. For the lower tiers though, I can see it being useful if there is someone who is consistently a good 0.5-1 sec per lap faster than everyone else.
  • How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly?
Spot on really. Very much like the promptness of the rounds in PC Tier 1, with every round starting bang on 8pm UK time on the dot.

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
The only major thing I'd mention would be to try and make sure the Weather is consistent over the practices and Tiers. A few times I practised and the race wasn't the same.
I tried to explain this over and over again, but that's basically how the game works:
  • The usual race weekend starts at friday on a green track, with the cars going round and round on their respective practice sessions
  • During an SRO race weekend there are also other races taking part. It might be GT Open, it might be some other single-make race like Formula Renault. As an example, here's a link to the timetable of last year's 3h Silverstone weekend: https://www.gt-world-challenge-euro... Series - Silverstone - Timetable Draft 4.pdf
  • The server has to be set so that the weekend progresses forwards, not backwards. There is an exception to this on the CP races, which are set so that technically the qualifying and race starts at exactly the same point in time, but we don't have that yet. So, what we do is set it so that practice happens during friday, qualifying takes place on saturday and sunday could be race day. As an example, here's a snip of the Zandvoort round settings:
me a couple of weeks ago said:
{
"hourOfDay": 9,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 120
},
{
"hourOfDay": 10,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
}
In this example, practice starts at 9:00 on Friday, qualifying is the next day at 10:00 so 25 hours later and then race is 4 hours later from that, at 14:00 on saturday. What the game does now is simulates all the different series running on that same track, rubbering it up etc. We also affect the track ourselves, increasing the rubber buildup during our practice/qualifying sessions. Effectively what this means is that the qualifying and race sessions will always start on a more exploited track on our race day, since people will join since 20:00 CET, practicing on the track and laying down more rubber before the race begins.
  • If a round has dynamic weather on, this gets more complicated. What will happen now is that on Friday the track might get used up, but between our practice and qualifying sessions it might rain, washing all the rubber and marbles away from the track again. So while practice might end on a "fast" track, qualifying might be on a completely green track, or it might be still raining, or it even might not rain, but the track will remain damp. We have virtually no control over this progression (which IMO is realistic, as there aren't surefire ways of controlling the weather apart from shooting rocket launchers at the sky to try and disperse the clouds a bit, but that's kind of illegal). We have only three variables to play with that aspect, and that is randomness (how much the weather might change, and by change I mean "going from cloudy to less cloudy or more cloudy"), cloud cover (which also can change during the weekend, that's only the starting value at friday 00:00) and rain (which bumps up the rain amount - we never used that one). Track temperature and average ambient temperature are also our options, but they don't affect other aspects of the weather, in fact they get affected by the aforementioned settings.
  • If you want a more in-depth read about how this works, go to "drive:\yoursteamlibraryfolder\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\server" and read the server handbook file. It explains how the weather system and the weekend progression system works in much greater detail than my tiny forum post about the matter.

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
TLDR: when dynamic weather is on, server admins have barely more control on server weather than they have on real life weather :D

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: LiboCZ and krop

S4lty

S18 AOR PC Assist League 4 Champion
Oct 15, 2018
Liked: new experience after driving only F1 games before that season; the mix between 60 and 90min races; many cars in the split(but please don´t make the grids even bigger next season)
Disliked: missing a break week, known from F1 leagues; Paul Ricard;); that the Nürburgring was only part of the evaluation and not in the real calendar
I really liked that there were not only dry races in the afternoon, but also cold night races, especially as two of the three endurance races. I enjoyed that the race on the Hungaroring had a "fast forwarding" in it so that you started in the night and ended in the morning hours.
Coming from the F1 game, I never(apart from Bahrain and Abu Dhabi:cool:) know what the weather will be there, I was glad to know the weather of the races a week before the race.
One wet race (it should´ve been two, yes) is/are enough, but a little chance, like in some races with the randomness are good, that could spice things up.
I only reported an incident once, I was happy with the outcome there and as it was my first season, I can´t compare to the old stewards process.
I already got it and enjoyed the 9h Kyalami race from AOR, so I would be happy if some of them would be included, maybe not Bathurst.o_O
It´s a good idea. I think a BoP is always a good thing. In the WEC e.g. it works really well, look at the GTE classes, how close they finish after a couple of hours. A close field would improve racing definitely.
The starting time is perfect, but it should be followed more strictly.

General idea:

Maybe a longer season(10 races?) with one race being a drop result which would also help drivers without the IGTC DLC being competitive regarding the championship if there would be races on the tracks of the DLC.

Thanks to all the coordinators organizing the league!(y)

Legendacb

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 19, 2018
The whole season was quite fair a fun to be part of,people respect each other most of the time, the driver licence its a nice feature.

It was too random for my taste, I like the races where the weather was dynamic but some have too many variance
It's a bit slow sometimes so maybe with less strict process the work would be easier
Would you buy the IGTC DLC if the calendar of S4 included some of the DLC tracks?
I would love to have the dlx tracks
I think that's not need with too many tiers as we have, I would rather have a system where fast people get promoted to higher tier and gets like half the amount of points for the championship on the new tier. I would also love to have a relegation system as it would spice up the process or try to survive in the back of a tier.
How do you feel about the starting time? Should it be earlier/later? Should the starting time need to be followed strictly?

I would like it to be a bit earlier as its too late for dinner when we usually end specially for the 90 minutes races

LuckyW

Formula Karter
Oct 2, 2019
It has been a great season overall. Enjoyed how close together the field was and also the mixture of 60 and 90min races is good imo. Mandatory tire change in sprint races was a thing I liked as well.
If you ask me what I really dislike, it‘s just one word: Monza.
In my opinion the weather conditions in S3 could have been more exciting. By that I mean more sunset/sunrise races and making use of the time multiplier. Also I would appreciate either completely static or if it’s random (3-4 of 8 races), than with more randomness, not just 5-10% chance of rain.
Yes, I like the changes.
Already have it and would be happy to see at least 2 of the tracks in S4 calendar. Just take out Monza and I‘m already smiling.
For the higher tiers clearly a NO from my side. The competition was great anyway as I mentioned at the beginning.
I‘m fine with the starting time. If however longer races than 90mins are coming, they should start earlier. Thanks to our coordinator we were always perfectly in time!

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018

Liked:
The new pitstop rules for the 60 min races were ideal. Added tactical flexibility and meant early race issues were recoverable.

Disliked: Have to agree with @Marlon Andrade on the 90min races. It's not a true endurance race, or a sprint. They're also the source of my biggest bugbear, which is the loophole that allows some cars to complete the race without stopping. Some might view this as interesting tactics, but for me it's exploiting the fact that the real world BOP isn't designed for 90min races. Fair play to anyone who pulls it off successfully, but for me it distorts the competition in an unfair manner. If we have to keep the 90min races they should have a mandatory stop just like the 60min races.

I think it was pretty stop on, actually. One full wet race a season is realistic and the chance for mixed weather in other races, where present, was reasonable. I'm not an advocate for manufacturing more wet races because they are actually rare things and should remain that way. And, as has been pointed out already, we could have way more wet races this season if the odds had turned out differently. I wouldn't change a thing.

I think it seemed to work well. It was good to see people having drive-throughs in the next race and so on. I think that's a good way to deal with serious offences. I didn't personally agree with a judgement against me for rejoining unsafely after being hit (I was never in control enough to "rejoin" imo!) but the process was clear and differences of opinion come with the territory. It's a tough job to do and I appreciate the time and effort put in to making the process clear, particularly in what constitutes proper evidence.

Already have it and keen to start racing them.

I'm definitely not in favour, though Tier 2 was very well balanced so perhaps it's more of an issue elsewhere. I did think it was interesting that the official SRO charity race gave the Mercs a 20kg penalty for their 60 min race, but that's a separate issue.

I think the current start time is best the possible compromise, but I do think it should be followed strictly. Everyone knows when we start. If they aren't ready, that's on them. I feel for people in non-UK timezones for whom this is serious issue. They shouldn't have to wait because people can't turn up on time.

Other Random Points
  1. Another point on weather, I think we should avoid heavy/thunderstorm rain wherever possible. Medium is enough to make things interesting, but much heavier and it just ruins the racing. Again, I think the settings for this season were pretty spot on in this respect.

2. I do wonder if there's an argument for making the Elite tier smaller. I feel there's probably a genuine elite of 20 drivers and then a lot of people like myself that are just below that level, all of whom would be better off racing against each other. This is probably easier said than done, but 'Elite' should be exactly that. If I ever get there, I want to know it's because I truly earned it. Moreover, I think a smaller Elite tier would make it a bigger "event" that would be worth tuning into to watch. With all the focus on esports atm, that seems like a desirable goal to me.

3. I'd really appreciate a mid-season break. 8 races seems like a good length to me, but it's sometimes hard to keep the same level of preparation up for 8 weeks back-to-back. 4 races, a break week and then the final four races would keep everyone fresh and energised, I feel. We could use the break week for a social race for those want it and mix things up with a single make race, or something like that.

Reactions: LiboCZ and JKay14

Bilot25

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 29, 2019
    I liked it because the racing was very close, the circuits were various and a lot of people were involved. The only thing that I disliked is that a lot of people were involved, like 40 cars, but we finished in something like 20 or 25.

It was quite okay. I like the fact that we get the server's settings, and it's not so common in online tournaments, but there were some problems, like in Monza. Silverstone was good, because it was 100% rain. In my opinion is better if we know how the weather will be. I'm not saying we need to know the precise conditions, but as I said something like Monza was strange because a lot of people were convinced that it would be rainy and out of 5 tiers only 1 was rainy, and it was REALLY rainy :LOL:. But overall it was good. 2 out of 8 races were with rain, and I'd say that it's realistic as far as I know.

I didn't know that it was new. I liked it.

Already got it. It would be nice to have some races on those tracks too! But not like all 4 of them.. Just 1 or 2, in my opinion.

Honestly I don't like this idea. If they are fast it's because they had a lot of practice and preparation. If they are A LOT faster than anyone else I would exclude them from that Tier and put them in an higher one, as simple as that.

It's ok. For me the best starting time would be 10PM CET, but I know that it's too late for some. 9PM CET (8PM GMT) is good though. No problems with it. And yes, absolutely followed strictly.

Just one thing to add: I would say that staying in the Discord Vocal Chat is not so great in my opinion. Sometimes you just don't like hearing someone while you're focusing. And I know that it's always very silent but there's always someone that needs to say something like "I'm sorry!" or "I'll let you by!"and it's ok, but it's not the best if you struggle to keep focus. Also you may want to communicate with your teammates and who knows, maybe with your Race Engineer if you got one.

To conclude, I'd like to say a massive thank you to those that organized this championship.

OJ Racing

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 30, 2019
    • I liked the mix of tracks and conditions
    • It was good to have at least 1 wet race and 1 night race each season
    • I liked having the mandatory tyre change as it makes the races a bit more interesting
    • I disliked the new starting procedure - I understand why this was implemented but I am a fan of the most immersion possible, so preferred to old style formation lap.
    • I would like to have a longer season; 8 races just didn't feel like enough.
    • I would like to have a drop race. There were very few people able to make all of the races so the championship wasn't as competitive as it could have been.

• The weather was fine. I prefer to know the conditions in advance to have a more competitive race and there weren't any real surprises this season in T4.

• Yes

• Already have the DLC and would love to see some (or all) of the tracks next season.

• I categorically do not agree with this. People can always be moved up a tier if they are too fast, adding ballast is just penalising success.

• Personally I would prefer a 7PM UK time start, but 8PM isn't a problem either.
    • Waiting a few minutes doesn't bother me if it means having more cars racing, but I get that it frustrates those who are racing later than I am.

• Other Thoughts
    • Would be great if refuelling was also allowed to open up more strategy options
    • An endurance league of a mixture of single driver races of 2-3 hours and races of 3+ hours with a driver swap

Jeppi

Pro Karter
Dec 30, 2019
I like the organisation, I am greatful for everyone's effort to make it happen. It really improves racing to be in a league and this one is very well prepared and people involved in it is very dedicated to make the experience better for everyone. I have been part of organised competitions in different sports and it doesn't compare to this.

About the length of the races : I understand the long races, but it doesn't make much room for strategy anyway, it rewards consistency which is ok for me, but it could make the race more passive as well.

I like the two races format, even though i never tried it, I would like to. It could be interesting and closer to reality.

The 1,5 hours race can be a punishment at some tracks and it didn't add much strategy if any. You spend just more time racing, sometimes your race is done at turn one anyway, then it becomes a chore to finish the race. I would not mind if we race 45 min instead of one hour either.

I would like qualy to be longer : 20 to 25 minutes. So you have more room on track to put a few laps in and maybe try some changes in between. The race could start earlier to compensate, so people showing up late stiil have some time to put a lap in.
Changes in weather are fine once you are prepared for it. I am not sure we could work on random weather, on some tracks you need some training to run under the rain. It may add too much preparation for each race or leave a big part to chance.
I don't know the old process, this one was fine, there will be inconsistencies but that's the same in real life. In F1 alone commentators and stewards aren't consistent at all about who's at fault. It could be nice to have some examples of typical situations that come often so people have an idea of what we are supposed to do. The corners in which you are not supposed to go two wide could also be determined before hand on a track per track basis instead of being investigated after the facts.
I already own it. A lot of people do and the investment is IMO minor compare to our gear or the cost involved to do a season in other games.
It is interesting, I never understood that in WTC someone winning races finished the season with such a handicap that he could not fight for the podium anymore. Sometimes you dominate at a track and you get punished at another one, a slow starter would have an advantage later on. Plus the penalty in weight is totally different on each car. IRL some cars do very well with added weight and others do not. It could be interesting to revise the BoP in season though when some cars are clearly overpowered.

It could be really difficult to do, maybe the developers will come up with something like they did in Monza this year, it didn't prevent the AMG to dominate but fewer people picked it. It could make for some really interesting adjustments in the course of the season, and someone choosing a less popular car would be rewarded in the long run. That would also benefit diversity. Everyone starting in one of the two OP cars would lose at least part of their advantage.
It could be one hour earlier, since it starts at 9 for me. I can understand that for some that could less convenient if it makes them start at 7. Those 1,5 hours races make it worse and maybe too much for an evening race anyway.

[/QUOTE]

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Liked pretty much everything about the season. Coordinators did a great job and racing was fun! Dislikes were mainly due to game issues, not anything AOR could control. Initially greatly disliked using the in game formation lap, but after the carnage we had in T2 first time it was used things got better. Still would love to see the AOR formation lap being used next season.
As far as I could see the driving standards in T2 were great. First half of the season we had some problems but that seemed to get better.
Loved the weather randomness, it made preparing for the races more interesting and the wet races gave more of a fighting chance to us who were not in the top 10 most of the time. Would not mind having more races with a chance of rain.
No problems with the stewarding process. Was only involved in one incident though and only as slight collateral damage. Stricter penalties were definitely an improvement.
Already own the DLC, would love to see some of the tracks being used.
As someone mentioned earlier, this could be used instead of moving someone up a tier (given they declined to move up).
The earlier the better for me. For me the races end at midnight and it can be a bit tough getting up to work next morning.

Lorda171

Formula Karter
Jan 17, 2020
so hello guys , but late but:
Since this was first season for me here and afterall after almost 10 years, it was almost purrrfect for me , i liked stewards and penalty system, and organizers in Tier 4 did wonderfull job !
I only disliked myself :LOL:
Weather , well i was little bit dissapointed in our tier, due dry tracks except Silverstone , i think more randomness in 90 minutes races would be better , more tricky for strategy
Well i cant answer because im new here , but as i said , i like this system
Already Bought it, tracks are great and sure , add them in !
When i was driving in rFactor1 in WTCC and GT1 it was common , fastest drivers were still fast and it was entertaining so hand up for this one
Times were perfect for me im arriving from work aprox 1 hour before start , so yep , for me great

It has Been pleasure here ! Looking forward to another season !