PS4 AOR ACC - Social event Hungaroring - 08/01/2021

Shurland George

Formula 4 1st Driver
Challenging race for me. I used the older 911 because I like to use different cars from my usual league race choices in socials. This unfortunately has the side effect of me sometimes really not getting confidence in the new car in the 20-30minutes of practice time before qualifying.

On low fuel especially I struggled with the Porsche having loads of oversteer with the driving style I developed mainly using the Ferrari last season, spun a lot in practice and qualifying.

When it came to the race itself I got a stunning start and I went from 14th to 9th by the exit of T1 and was challenging another car into T2. Unfortunately two into one didn't go, had some understeer plus the car on the outside left me just barely enough room, not enough to account for that understeer and we collided with it spinning me round and got hit at the back too and dropped to last. Racing incident the way I saw it.

Then I just trundled along for the rest of the race trying to push where I felt the car allowed it, Still was in the low to mid 47s in the first stint and mid 46s to low 47s in the second stint. With others having incidents it got me into 9th by the end and got through the rest of the race without any spins. Hoping with the Nissan in the league I can find the confidence to push comfortably the whole race.

Some highlights
Like you it's always fun using other cars. That Porsche is fun but sudden changes can end badly. Maybe we can do some Social races featuring eras only or one makes.

MR-DO258

Formula Karter
Out of interest what did I do that was dodgy? It was my first online race on ACC so I had to do a lot of learning quickly. I tried to just keep myself to myself at the start and got mugged from 7th to 11th just trying to keep out of the way. After that from what I saw I had a clean race apart from the odd wide mistake from myself. However I was suffering from a lot of lag in the game which progressively got worse, I didn’t leave 15 mins from the end I got disconnected. Sorry if I annoyed you or anyone else.
You was constantly blocking me, if I didn't hold back I would have hit you numerous times, if you make a mistake and the car behind is quicker than you/passing you for the next corner, keep in your lane, or your going to is slow yourself down in the end and make more mistakes, it's ok to defend but not weave right left constantly. As I said to Anthon, I let him past because he was much quicker than me and there was 30 mins left in the race, I wasn't going to hold him back forever with the amount of pressure he putting on me, pick your battles and I can guarantee you will be quicker in the end,

Scott Fell

AOR PS4 FR3.5 S2 T2 Champion
You was constantly blocking me, if I didn't hold back I would have hit you numerous times, if you make a mistake and the car behind is quicker than you/passing you for the next corner, keep in your lane, or your going to is slow yourself down in the end and make more mistakes, it's ok to defend but not weave right left constantly. As I said to Anthon, I let him past because he was much quicker than me and there was 30 mins left in the race, I wasn't going to hold him back forever with the amount of pressure he putting on me, pick your battles and I can guarantee you will be quicker in the end,

Fair enough, but I didn’t feel like I was defending aggressively at all. My lap times were pretty consistent for the most of the race. It wasn’t like you had much more pace, when you jumped me in the pits I stayed right with you up until my game disconnected. Like I say sorry if I annoyed you, I honestly didn’t mean to and I’ve not had complaints before about an overly aggressive defence but I’m still learning the game. Hopefully I’ll see you out on track again for some clean and fair racing

MR-DO258

Formula Karter
Fair enough, but I didn’t feel like I was defending aggressively at all. My lap times were pretty consistent for the most of the race. It wasn’t like you had much more pace, when you jumped me in the pits I stayed right with you up until my game disconnected. Like I say sorry if I annoyed you, I honestly didn’t mean to and I’ve not had complaints before about an overly aggressive defence but I’m still learning the game. Hopefully I’ll see you out on track again for some clean and fair racing
Your right to be fair, you was probably just as quick as me if not quicker on occasions, the point is, of o make a mistake I'm not going to block the person overtaking me, of course in the heat of battle things happen, I've just learned to realise it's just a game, I will defend when I can but I've learned to just give a place up at times. Sometimes I've give a place up then fought back and took the place again. Not saying your driving was bad at all, but I was nervous behind you think if I try to over take your going to all of s sudden block me then we both get taken out if I can't avoid you in time. Trust me I've had my fair share of mistakes so no worries it's all good

Michel--NL

Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Your right to be fair, you was probably just as quick as me if not quicker on occasions, the point is, of o make a mistake I'm not going to block the person overtaking me, of course in the heat of battle things happen, I've just learned to realise it's just a game, I will defend when I can but I've learned to just give a place up at times. Sometimes I've give a place up then fought back and took the place again. Not saying your driving was bad at all, but I was nervous behind you think if I try to over take your going to all of s sudden block me then we both get taken out if I can't avoid you in time. Trust me I've had my fair share of mistakes so no worries it's all good
@Scott Fell is racing with is for a looooong time and he is not being aggressive and he knows how to race. ACC is new for him and for everyone who is new on this game they need to get used to the car, handling and tracks.

MR-DO258

Formula Karter
@Scott Fell is racing with is for a looooong time and he is not being aggressive and he knows how to race. ACC is new for him and for everyone who is new on this game they need to get used to the car, handling and tracks.
@Michel--NL I didnt say he was aggressive I said he was blocking me that's all, obviously youve raced him a lot more than me, I can only go on what was going on Infront of me at the time since I haven't raced with him, as I said in the last post I've made my fair share of mistakes so I wouldn't put anybody down about there driving. I wasn't being disrespectful and I wouldn't do that, I can only apologise if you think I was.

Scott Fell

AOR PS4 FR3.5 S2 T2 Champion

@Michel--NL I appreciate what you’ve said there, thank you for your support.

@MR-DO258 it’s all good. I like to know if someone has a problem with me for anything. That way I can learn, improve and progress. There’s no hard feelings from my side and I hope not from yours. I’ll be around on the practice servers from time to time preparing for next season (kinda wish I’d have entered this season). Perhaps I’ll see you on there.

MR-DO258

Formula Karter
@Michel--NL I appreciate what you’ve said there, thank you for your support.

@MR-DO258 it’s all good. I like to know if someone has a problem with me for anything. That way I can learn, improve and progress. There’s no hard feelings from my side and I hope not from yours. I’ll be around on the practice servers from time to time preparing for next season (kinda wish I’d have entered this season). Perhaps I’ll see you on there.
Yes mate, no problem at all from my side, sorry again if you felt there was an issue. You will probably telling me off at some point lol

TA98

Semi-Pro Karter
@Michel--NL sorry guys I’m gonna have to pull out of the Monza round 1 race tomorrow, and the second round at Suzuka. I have not been able to get my wheel calibration issue fixed, and though I am looking for another wheel I’ve not had any success as of yet. Apologies, and it’s a real shame as I was looking forward to my first proper league experience in ACC. I will try to be back for round 3 but no promises, and not sure if it will be much point. But if I do get something sorted at least it will be some good practice. If anyone is selling a csl elite wheel/pedals setup by any chance, please do let me know.
Cheers

Michel--NL

Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
@Michel--NL sorry guys I’m gonna have to pull out of the Monza round 1 race tomorrow, and the second round at Suzuka. I have not been able to get my wheel calibration issue fixed, and though I am looking for another wheel I’ve not had any success as of yet. Apologies, and it’s a real shame as I was looking forward to my first proper league experience in ACC. I will try to be back for round 3 but no promises, and not sure if it will be much point. But if I do get something sorted at least it will be some good practice. If anyone is selling a csl elite wheel/pedals setup by any chance, please do let me know.
Cheers
Could you please post that in your race thread tier 2?
This is not the place.
4.2 Missing races

● If you are unable to attend a race, you have to give sufficient notice for your absence before the race starts. This is done by informing your tier's coordinator of your situation, either by sending them a private message on the forum or by making a post in the race thread on the forum. It is your responsibility to make sure the coordinator gets your message.