PC - AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACL Audi TT Cup - Discussion

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
So what do people think about the car, qualifying format, P2P and the tracks? :)

santsuke99

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
Qualifying format is a interesting change for sure (try to not extened for me perhaps). P2P will bring some strategic elements, which I look forward to. I haven't even heard of half of the tracks we are going to use, but the ones I know should suit the car quite well.

Reactions: Noztra

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
As I understand it after reading the info, is it actually as many points given for the 2nd race as for the 1st one? Usually reverse grid would mean significantly less awarded points.

Reactions: Laakso and Noztra

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
As I understand it after reading the info, is it actually as many points given for the 2nd race as for the 1st one? Usually reverse grid would mean significantly less awarded points.
Since we using the same race length in both races, people are getting the same amount of points. AC doesn't support different race length, i.e 30mins in race 1 and 15mins in race 2.

So this is was we thought was most fair and it worked pretty well in season 3. :)

hinesy32

F1 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2015
I've done a few laps in the car and I really like it. You can really throw it around, it's very forgiving. Will make for some great racing this season.

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Looking foward to that qualy format, could be great or could be a pain in the arse (depends on how good the lap will end up :D). At first read I think this format will favor people with more spare time, because then can do more hotlapping and should have an advance in that qualy, but we will see. Not possible that everybody has two fast laps, which you have to complete in one run? What happens if more than one person bins his lap? Who starts last, who second last and so on? What if somebody spins out but then continues to complete his lap, will he start in front of somebody who cutted or extended? A lot of questions come up for me thinking about this qualy format ;):rolleyes:

Tracks looking good. I would recommend to use the official laserscanned version of Laguna Seca comming at the end of the year for free. Curious about the quality of Assen and Jerez, haven't seen a good version of them yet. Little bit sad that Magione didn't made it, as it is a fun little track.

Will test the car in the next days and hopefully it provides good fun :rolleyes:

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Looking foward to that qualy format, could be great or could be a pain in the arse (depends on how good the lap will end up :D). At first read I think this format will favor people with more spare time, because then can do more hotlapping and should have an advance in that qualy, but we will see. Not possible that everybody has two fast laps, which you have to complete in one run? What happens if more than one person bins his lap? Who starts last, who second last and so on? What if somebody spins out but then continues to complete his lap, will he start in front of somebody who cutted or extended? A lot of questions come up for me thinking about this qualy format ;):rolleyes:

Tracks looking good. I would recommend to use the official laserscanned version of Laguna Seca comming at the end of the year for free. Curious about the quality of Assen and Jerez, haven't seen a good version of them yet. Little bit sad that Magione didn't made it, as it is a fun little track.

Will test the car in the next days and hopefully it provides good fun :rolleyes:
People will have an out lap and a "hot lap". That's it. :)

*If you spin on your hot lap, you can still finish your lap. = You post a time
*If you cut/extend on your hot lap, you will stop the car and return to pit. = You don't post a time.

So if you spin and complete your lap, you will start in front of a guy cutting/extending.
If 10x guys cut/extend and don't post a time I don't know in which order the 10x guys will start.

Hope it helped? :)

• Informative
Reactions: D. Goelz

santsuke99

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
I think that the people who extended will start in the same order that they went in to the track in qualifying (their best time will be from the out lap). I'm not sure what to think of that since it's giving an advantage for the guys who happended to be first ones.

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
BTW to those who wanna test the car, remember we are using an "AOR" setup in the league. :)

The changes so far:

ARB Front = 0
ARB Rear = 4
Brake Balance = 77
So no aero change? Gotta say I'm dissapointed by that, the rear wing is just an understeer generator which doesn't improve lap times.

• Informative
Reactions: Mazy CZ and Noztra

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Never said we where done with the setup. :) I think the default aero is 4, but ill test it with lower to see how it is.
Default's 5 :)

I tried it at brands hatch gp with both 5 and 2 and it almost feels like a different car, got 6 tenths faster with rear wing on 2.

Obviously it's a bit of personal preference but I think most enjoys driving with the car setup faster rather than slow, and losing time because of understeer is never fun imo. Especially when you know how good this car feels with a more neutrual balance. :)

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Default's 5 :)

I tried it at brands hatch gp with both 5 and 2 and it almost feels like a different car, got 6 tenths faster with rear wing on 2.

Obviously it's a bit of personal preference but I think most enjoys driving with the car setup faster rather than slow, and losing time because of understeer is never fun imo. Especially when you know how good this car feels with a more neutrual balance. :)
I agree with you and we are gonna test it out. :)

Reactions: Hampus Soderberg

Meekstaaa

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 24, 2017
People will have an out lap and a "hot lap". That's it. :)

*If you spin on your hot lap, you can still finish your lap. = You post a time
*If you cut/extend on your hot lap, you will stop the car and return to pit. = You don't post a time.

So if you spin and complete your lap, you will start in front of a guy cutting/extending.
If 10x guys cut/extend and don't post a time I don't know in which order the 10x guys will start.

Hope it helped? :)
How about reverse championship position? And if it's in the first race based on championship position from Season 3?
[DOUBLEPOST=1508179906][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone want to join 'team PCDC' with @Tom Bridle and myself?

Meekstaaa

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 24, 2017
@Noztra & @Mazy CZ

Just checking a few things. When the league starts what time will the practice start? With the social races at 7pm uk time but the league races started at 7.30 uk time just wondering what we will be running. Also week 5 is xmas day but I think Tom has already mentioned that to you! :)

• Informative