PC - AOR ACL F3 Season 2 - Round 5 - 27/2/2017 - Special Endurance Event | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACL F3 Season 2 - Round 5 - 27/2/2017 - Special Endurance Event

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
During qualy, it is about honesty. We can still look into sorver file afterwards and check the data.
I think @McPhilen was looking to the live chat and there is info about who revieved warning/penalty/if the driver pitted, on which lap, how many fuel and so on. Even when the driver serves his drive through penalty.

Reactions: Meekstaaa

Adrian Jumuga

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 22, 2016
Well that endurance event was amazing. The longer race distances made strategy a lot more involved.

I did ok, not too many problems other than hitting @Adrian Jumuga on the first lap as he spun and went backward across the track at the Les Combes. No where to go on that one really. Bit of damage but didn't seem to hurt me too much. Then had a little tap in my second stint with my team mate @David van Buuren at Le Source as I outbraked myself. Luckily again no real damage done on this one. Finished P16 at the end with @centro & @hinesy32 closing but luckily not fast enough.

New penalty system is really good. Had my 3 off tracks in the first 6 laps but managed to not get anymore in the race.

Just thinking about it and does it penalise you if you have an off track on the app but not invalidate the lap in game during qualifying or is it down to us being honest? Also is there any way we can inform the commentators about when people get penalties as they missed @David van Buuren's penalty when he went through the pits twice in two laps.
You were suposed to wait for me :( that hit damaged my car quite bad ... As i said before, there are allways drivers who are not watchig over the car in front...There was an accident in front of me :(

hinesy32

F1 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2015
Finished P16 at the end with @centro & @hinesy32 closing but luckily not fast enough
Yea, was just having to start managing the tyres a little more at that point!

I enjoyed that race. Checking the stats I was the 5th most consistent driver out there, so pleased I was at a steady pace throughout. I also noticed that my fastest lap of the race would have put my 5th on the grid. Again I had an average qualifying ending up in 20th. The first couple of laps everyone was close but mostly well behaved with people giving room and realising that it wont be won on the 1st lap. Got nudged twice by @p n k at the bus stop chicane although I think he got punted and ended up hitting me. Only very light damage so it didn't affect me. Settled into the race and had some nice battles. I love the fast corners around Spa. Managed my tyres quite well and was thinking about a 1 stop but played it safe in the end with a two stop (one with fuel).

Congrats to @matt785shimmy good to see your bad luck run out at last and to the other podium finishers. To finish the race is an achievement I think, especially when my right calf started to twitch with 5 laps to go!

See you all next week.

Last edited:

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
Good morning guys
I'm not very good at making these reports mainly because i'm not a fast driver so no big battles for me, qualifyed in P30(last place:D). At the race gained some positions in the first 4/5 laps managed to get to P24 then got hitted from behind by @Michael L. (don't know what happened) and went of track so last place again. at the end "thanks" for disconections got P25.
The penalty app works pretty well got my 3 warnings and then a drive through.
I really enjoy race with you guys no matter the position i finish.
cheers

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
off topic
how do you save the full race replay.?
yesterday may replay was from lap 29 to the end

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
I have time now to do a better report on my race:

Quali was disappointing, I easily had the pace for pole but got caught up in traffic and made mistake so p3 it was.

Race, I was p2 after turn 1, but made a mistake on the exit of the first chicane, and my instant thought was 'ffs here we go again', buttons my delight, no mistakes were made past that point. I was held up on the first 3-4 laps by people slipstreaming me etc which meant I couldn't make much ground, but by lap 5 I could use my pacey work through the pack, knowing I was a 2 stop. My car was therefore fueled lower and I didn't have to worry about tyre life. Pitted lap 12 and 25, after both stops I was passing the 1 stoppers, most dramatically of course, on the last lap for the win.

Very happy with my performance this race, and long may it continue :)

Meekstaaa

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 24, 2017
@Adrian Jumuga. If you spun on the first lap in the mid pack and then went backwards across the track you have to expect being hit. You were lucky no one else also got taken out. I see no reason why I should have waited for you when the incident was your fault, you made no effort to use your brakes to stop yourself from going onto the track. I would provide the replay but mine only recorded the last 50 minutes of the race.

(If this wasn't you who went across the track then my apologies, you must have had a different incident at the same time)

Re-reading your quote, we might have been talking about different incidents.

Adrian Jumuga

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 22, 2016
@Adrian Jumuga. If you spun on the first lap in the mid pack and then went backwards across the track you have to expect being hit. You were lucky no one else also got taken out. I see no reason why I should have waited for you when the incident was your fault, you made no effort to use your brakes to stop yourself from going onto the track. I would provide the replay but mine only recorded the last 50 minutes of the race.

(If this wasn't you who went across the track then my apologies, you must have had a different incident at the same time)

Re-reading your quote, we might have been talking about different incidents.
Someone hit me from behind and spun then i got anothe hit from someone else..
i Don't know who hit me.. i will check when i will get home..

Meekstaaa

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 24, 2017
Here's my replay of the incident. I stand by what I said. Looks like PNK hit you which is unfortunate but you could have avoided coming across the track and causing mayhem.

I assume you mean PNK should have waited for you.

My view

Other view

• Agree
Reactions: Adrian Jumuga

Adrian Jumuga

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 22, 2016
Well, yes, it was @p n k who hit and run... And about the break, i didn't want to lock the brakes and stop in the middle of the track..i tried to get out of the way as fast as i could ...

• Disagree
Reactions: Frank pnk Godrecki

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Sounds like people had fun? :)
First 33 laps -> Yes!
Last 5 laps -> No! :cry:
Threw my almost perfect race in the last 5 laps away, really gutted atm...

Qualy was decent, my fastest lap was ok, did not put 100% in it, but was a clean lap and already enough for pole (y)

Race start and first 33 laps were almost perfect. Only some small mistakes like going a little bit deep here and there and almost spun in the tricky bus stop chicane.
In the first stint my pace was really good and I was always able to control the gap to @popzz . Because the tires were still pretty good after 12-13 laps I decided, sadly, to do a one stop. Was caught a little bit by surprise when @Laakso and @popzz went for a big undercut in lap 16 or so. Waited for end of lap 18 and went into pits, missed my pitbox by some centimeters and had to reverse and because of that I came back on track behind Popzz, but I knew that he will struggle with his tires at the end of the race.
After lap 28 I started to gain a lot of time to Popzz and overtook him in lap 32 on the Kemel straight. Did some small mistakes in this lap so Popzz was able to challenge me on the Kemel straight in the following lap and took P1 again. And then happened what has to happen in this situation, I lost it in the left hander after Bruxelles ( the 180 degree right hander) and went into the barriers. Was able to stay in P2 but @matt785shimmy was too fast so I let him through to secure P3 or even get P2 from Popzz. Then I lost it again in lap 37 or so in Les Combes and crashed pretty hard again... Came back in P5, but lost two positions to @Simon Roer Husum and @Tom Bridle because they were on fresher rubber. At least I could defend to @Microlander , because he almost spun on the bus stop chicane on the last lap :p

I'm pretty certain, that I could have won this race if I would have stayed infront of Popzz in lap 33, but now it's to late :hungover:

Congrats to the podium finishers, good job by everyone!

This race was really unbelieveable, watching the stream today was acutally even more entertaining, because so much happened further down in the field! Awesome job by @Ycoms and @McPhilen , really good commentating! I will forgive you this time with the 'battle for the victory' comment, which brought me only bad luck, but next time I will come for you :wacky::D:D
Thank you to the coordinators @Mazy CZ @AndrexUK @Noztra for organizing this league and especially this race. Imo the settings (tire wear, race length etc.) were nothing but perfect and provided so much valid strategy options, real pleasure to race yesterday. I think this race will be my favorite for a loooong time (y)

Cheers guys,
Exited

Last edited:

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Really enjoyed the race!!!

A rather average pace saw me around 14th? or so on the grid, but I felt I would maybe steel a few positions during the race (as I was still improving my times).

Got a decent start, and was beside Pedro going into Au-Rouge, but didn't want to go 2 wide, so backed off a little. Unfortunatly, this let @JamieFoppele catch up, and he was going on the inside instead, so stayed wide to leave room.
A rather compromised line saw me run over the curbs at the top of the hill, a little twitch from the rear, and Jamie tapped my back end. fairly heavy impact on the barrier, picking up medium damage to the front and rear...
Jamie waited, even though I feel it was more of a racing incident, but now we were both at the back of the pack, and a few seconds gap to the pack ahead.

We ran consistent laps, and gained from ppl ahead having issues. I doubt we were more than 5 seconds apart from each other, even though I got a couple of cars in between us now and again.
Went for the 2 stop, as I didn't fancy driving with low grip, and looks like most of the field did the same.

I wasn't sure how long it would take to repair the aero damage, so decided not to fix (later learned that it would be done well before the tires would be changed, so should have repaired), but had memories of a while ago, spending about 1 min in the pits for repairs...

The damage wasn't holding me back too much, although I'm sure I would have been a bit quicker without it...

I pitted 1 lap early on the 2nd stop, and it gave me a little extra gap to Jamie behind me, but he manged to eat away at my lead on the final stint, and managed to pass me on the final lap.

Finished P13? but was really fun driving back through the field.
Perhaps had the pace for a P8/9 finish without the contact, but still really enjoyed the run!

Even with the lap 1 spin/damage, that was still easily the race I have enjoyed the most so far of the AC league seasons.

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Even with the lap 1 spin/damage, that was still easily the race I have enjoyed the most so far of the AC league seasons.
By far the best race. A lot of people were really respectful, good & fair racing, good atmosphere in TS (want to point out this) and a race, which was really intense in the last 10 laps!
Hope that the next "sprint" races will be as good as this one and everybody learned his lesson from previous rounds ;)